Democrats holding America Hostage for Illegal Aliens?

Seems like a simple solution was offered (and Trump was game)

Give some funding for a wall (really just need enough for Trump to take his picture) and border security. Trump can say he accomplished his campaign promise and then fix DACA...GOP does not want to ship people who have been productive US immigrants (including 900 in the armed forces) back to a country they have never lived in. If they have criminal records (outside of immigration) deal with them seperately.

We don't allow criminal families to keep the stolen merchandise when caught..... we don't allow people to choose which laws they will follow if they find them inconvenient. The US is heading for a reckoning, if cities and states can thumb their noses at federal law with impunity, and criminal immigrants can demand citizenship and protest and riot with no consequences - there is no reason to believe that Mr. and Mrs. Citizen should be required to follow federal law since government is ultimately accountable to "We The People".

We don't allow criminal families to keep the stolen merchandise when caught..... we don't allow people to choose which laws they will follow if they find them inconvenient. The US is heading for a reckoning, if cities and states can thumb their noses at federal law with impunity, and criminal immigrants can demand citizenship and protest and riot with no consequences - there is no reason to believe that Mr. and Mrs. Citizen should be required to follow federal law since government is ultimately accountable to "We The People".

Except when we do.
In the example you give we have a victim, the person who had property stolen. Who's the victim in regards to the immigration issue at hand, and how are they made whole by rounding up and sending people who came here as children back to their country of origin?

I agree. They need to stop playing political games with people's lives.

I disagree. it's not playing "political games" to end chain migration and demand tighter border security BEFORE you legalize the "dreamers" presence here.

* If you don't end chain migration than granting amnesty to 700,000 dreamers will directly lead to several million more folks migrating to this country over the next few years. Keep in mind that the vast majority of dreamers are from Mexico & Central America and that among LEGAL immigrants from these regions about 75% are on some sort of government assistance. Do we really want millions more?

* If you don't increase border security at the SAME time you grant the dreamers legal residence while also allowing them to bring their extended families here, you will encourage a massive future illegal migration across the border. Many people, including children, will die trying to sneak in and their deaths will be the direct responsibility of the democrats who want amnesty without reforms in chain migration and tightening of border security.

Trump needs to hold fast on this issue and NOT give ground. He is morally AND politically right in staking out a hard line position here.

Except when we do.
In the example you give we have a victim, the person who had property stolen. Who's the victim in regards to the immigration issue at hand, and how are they made whole by rounding up and sending people who came here as children back to their country of origin?

That will only happen if the democrats refuse Trump's reasonable offer. YOU CAN NOT in good faith legalize the presence of the dreamers without simultaneously tightening border security and ending chain migration. I would be interested in hearing any argument that amnesty should come first?

Except when we do.

The children of actual citizens, who now have competition for jobs that should never have happened. You might have missed the news coverage, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of college graduates that have not been able to find jobs except at Starbucks or Wal-Mart. They marched on Wall Street a few years ago demanding free education or that their student loans be forgiven, etc.

They are made whole because jobs that are currently occupied by an illegal alien will be freed up and an American could actually be in that position.

The Taxpayers who paid for the illegal aliens to be educated in our country. In many cities and states that amounts to tens of thousands of dollars a year in stolen tax dollars for each of them. There was also the shift of billions in federal aid that is provided to areas based on their population (legal or illegal) so some places with poor Americans were shortchanged by illegals living in sanctuary cities and states.

Shouldn't he be making a deal with Mexico to fund the wall?

He doesn't need to. After he builds the wall he just slaps an excise tax on cash sent to Mexico & Central America from the US. Call it an international wire transfer fee. The Mexicans can always refuse to let the billions of dollars in cash flow from their expatriates in the US to Mexico. That will really teach Trump a lesson!

He doesn't need to. After he builds the wall he just slaps an excise tax on cash sent to Mexico & Central America from the US. Call it an international wire transfer fee. The Mexicans can always refuse to let the billions of dollars in cash flow from their expatriates in the US to Mexico. That will really teach Trump a lesson!

Great thinking!

Those dumb Mexicans will NEVER figure out other ways of sending money back south.

They are made whole because jobs that are currently occupied by an illegal alien will be freed up and an American could actually be in that position.
Deporting illegal aliens will open up construction and landscaping jobs for college educated American citizens? Really, that's your argument?

Deporting illegal aliens will open up construction and landscaping jobs for college educated American citizens? Really, that's your argument?

The Dreamers are supposedly professional white collar workers that are contributing large sums of tax dollars to the economy......... are you now saying that they are actually unskilled laborers that are going to be on welfare once automation and AI replaces them? Seems kind of racist to pigeonhole Hispanics into low end service jobs.

The Dreamers are supposedly professional white collar workers ...
Supposedly? No one claims that, you're just making stuff up.

Seems kind of racist to pigeonhole Hispanics into low end service jobs.
I never said anything about Hispanics, I said illegal aliens. The three industries that employ the most illegal aliens are construction, landscaping, and food production. Not my opinion, fact.

And construction is never considered a "service" job, they build stuff.

Great thinking!

Those dumb Mexicans will NEVER figure out other ways of sending money back south.

You got me domi. I have to admit that I'm presuming the vast percentage of illegal low skilled workers sending cash home will not have access to complex financial instruments allowing the movement of capital from their under the table landscaping jobs to Mexico.

But I guess I could be wrong as they could open bank accounts and transfer the money that way. Or they could purchase federal treasuries and then transfer ownership of the bonds to their relatives back in Mexico. Or how about buying stock & bond funds and transferring ownership of those assets. That would work.

Or they could lug big bags of cash across the border. Given the state of our border security that's probably their best option!

How did we the USA get to where we are with this problem of Dreamers? The truth is we as a country allowed to grow and happen. This did not happen overnight it took years of acting in just the right way to get to where we are now. Now at this time in history we hear that we have a problem. How do we fix a problem that we allowed to grow into a big problem by the lack of acting and enforcement. I keep hear by no fault of the Dreamers they are here. You know that I believe that is pretty much true. Now I have heard several plans to help correct this problem we have created. First we must make sure it does not continue to go on. create a plan to citizenship than is fair to all, to the immigrants that have come to our country legally. It can be done and will not make everyone happy there is no way to do that, just make it as fair as possible.

Now here is what I would like to see and hear from the dreamers.

1. I would like to hear them say we love America, we love what it stands for and we would love to have a chance to prove we belong. I would like to see action on their part to prove this to us.

Now here is what I see as a problem.

We have dreamers protesting, demanding that we allow them, that we owe them . We see them marching waving flags of other countries and telling us we owe them. Where are they showing us that they really do love the USA. I think their having a chance to stay should be a two way street, not the one way they seem to be demanding. If i was trying to stay in a country of opportunity, I would not be wavy the flag of the S...hole country the people that brought me here came from.

We have dreamers protesting, demanding that we allow them, that we owe them . We see them marching waving flags of other countries and telling us we owe them. Where are they showing us that they really do love the USA. I think their having a chance to stay should be a two way street, not the one way they seem to be demanding. If i was trying to stay in a country of opportunity, I would not be wavy the flag of the S...hole country the people that brought me here came from.

^^^^ This!

Come on while your demonstrating to get to stay in the USA you are celebrating your heritage. Happygoluckky, you need to move to California you would feel and fit in much better there with your liberal view of life.

I see it more like celebrating their heritage...like Oktoberfest in Zinzinnati.

Yea, I remember that time I went to Oktoberfest and a bunch of German immigrants spat at me and told me the US owed them for occupying their country and forcing their grandparents to come to America illegally. They said they were dreamers and had been in the US for 40 years but didn't want to take the time to become citizens.

Just celebrating their heritage.

You are looking at different protests than I....most Dreamers consider themselves Americans. Many did not even know or understand that they are not Americans because they were brought here as children and do not understand immigration. We gave them legal status...they have made the US their home in some cases are serving in the military.

Yea, I remember that time I went to Oktoberfest and a bunch of German immigrants spat at me and told me the US owed them for occupying their country and forcing their grandparents to come to America illegally. They said they were dreamers and had been in the US for 40 years but didn't want to take the time to become citizens.

Just celebrating their heritage.

There is not simple path to becoming a citizen for DACA immigrants. It is not like they go to the BMV and take a test. They had legal status becoming a citizen is a challenge and at the crux of the issue. ...and many european and asian immigrants bring grandma (especially asian/indian)