#1 Clemson vs #4 Alabama

Which team will win?

• Clemson

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Alabama

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
They really screwed up when they turned it back over. They finally looked to have some kind of confidence

This thing's over. You can't make multiple errors that result in scores or set up scores against either of these teams. Clemson is toast.

Clemson looks inept. The OSU fans that rooted for their team to miss the playoffs to avoid an, in their minds, certain humiliation looking pretty dumb. Seems obvious Clemson wasn't ready to face an elite defense and was just waiting to be exposed.

Congrats to Alabama. Saban continues to prove why he's the GOAT.

Looks like we're headed for a boring national championship game. While both defenses tonight are elite the QB play is very poor.

Why in the hell is Alabama throwing the ball up by 18.. almost 4 the quarter. Geez, run the ball, and clock

Clemson looks inept. The OSU fans that rooted for their team to miss the playoffs to avoid an, in their minds, certain humiliation looking pretty dumb. Seems obvious Clemson wasn't ready to face an elite defense and was just waiting to be exposed.

Nothing Ohio State did offensively in that game against USC shows they could have scored 24 (really 17 since they had the pick-6) on either Bama or Clemson.

Tide had plenty of time to get healthy and it's showing especially defensively. Everyone knew Saban would have them ready to play, not sure a lot of people expected Clemson to just lay down and take it.

With the way that Clemson's OL is getting whipped I'm starting to wonder if OSU's front four could have controlled them similar to how they controlled USC's OL. I agree, those saying OSU would probably get embarrassed (myself included) are looking silly right now. I expected a lot more from Clemson.

Nothing Ohio State did offensively in that game against USC shows they could have scored 24 (really 17 since they had the pick-6) on either Bama or Clemson.

Tide had plenty of time to get healthy and it's showing especially defensively. Everyone knew Saban would have them ready to play, not sure a lot of people expected Clemson to just lay down and take it.

Yeah, the OSU Offense didn't exactly torch USC. 21 points off 3 turnovers, including a Pick 6.

Ya I think Penn State would beat the breaks off Clemson. Won’t say Ohio State cause you never know what offense might show up.

You do realize that Bama has been the beneficiary of their own pick-6 in this game, and a short field after another INT, right? This game is basically a carbon copy of the Cotton Bowl.

The Bama offense isn't why they're ahead right now; it's the defense.

Considering Alabama's defense is outscoring Clemson's offense right now, I'm not sure that matters.

At the very least, OSU would have also given Clemson's offense a ton of trouble and kept the game close. The "OSU will get beat by 40 again" narrative is looking pretty dumb.

Considering Alabama's defense is outscoring Clemson's offense right now, I'm not sure that matters.

At the very least, OSU would have also given Clemson's offense a ton of trouble and kept the game close. The "OSU will get beat by 40 again" narrative is looking pretty dumb.

I agree here.

You do realize that Bama has been the beneficiary of their own pick-6 in this game, and a short field after another INT, right? This game is basically a carbon copy of the Cotton Bowl.

The Bama offense isn't why they're ahead right now; it's the defense.

Fair, but Clemson's defense is better than USC. The two offenses are probably on par.

Clemson is not ready for this game. Where are the misdirection plays they ran against tOSU last year? They are taking too much time executing on offense, and it is costing them. I'm surprised. I thought Clemson would do much better. That being said, tOSU could beat both of these teams. Clemson does not have the offense it had last year without Watson, and Clemson would not score against the Buckeyes just like the Trojans couldn't score. Bama does not have a good offense either and would not score. Could the Buckeyes have scored enough to win? Yes they could. Barrett is always good for a few scores. He misses a lot of opportunities, but he also creates a bunch too. I know the Buckeyes didn't score much on offense against USC, but they did move the ball and kept USC in poor field position and that is all that was needed in order to give the defense the rest and confidence needed to shut down USC.

Clemson is not ready for this game. Where are the misdirection plays they ran against tOSU last year? They are taking too much time executing on offense, and it is costing them. I'm surprised. I thought Clemson would do much better. That being said, tOSU could beat both of these teams. Clemson does not have the offense it had last year without Watson, and Clemson would not score against the Buckeyes just like the Trojans couldn't score. Bama does not have a good offense either and would not score. Could the Buckeyes have scored enough to win? Yes they could. Barrett is always good for a few scores. He misses a lot of opportunities, but he also creates a bunch too. I know the Buckeyes didn't score much on offense against USC, but they did move the ball and kept USC in poor field position and that is all that was needed in order to give the defense the rest and confidence needed to shut down USC.
Take your Scarlet and Gray glasses off..
Your season is over. Ohio St would not beat any of the 4 teams that were in the playoff
IMO

Your season is over. Ohio St would not beat any of the 4 teams that were in the playoff
IMO

I don't have scarlet and gray glasses on. None of these four teams are impressive. The only team that really surprised me is Bama. Its defense was much better than I thought, but its offense is one dimensional and the Buckeyes defense could stop them easily. The same thing with Clemson. Watson gave them some schemes that Bryant does not give them. Even with as badly as tOSU's offense played last year, the OSU defense did not give up a lot of points. The SEC is not that good. Its bowl record proved that this year. Georgia looks the most troublesome of these four teams. They are physical and can throw and run. If Barrett had an average game, tOSU could beat all of these teams. Though I like a QB more like Cardale Jones. WE'll see next year if the Bucks can get in. It will be very difficult for the Buckeyes to win out next year having to play PSU, MSU, and UM. The problem with the SEC is there are only three teams that are anywhere near each other. Put Bama in the Big Ten east and have them play OSU one week and then turn around and play tOSU the next. Bama would have a hard time winning both.

IMO

Frankly, I don't think you can guarantee the outcome of a game between any of the top 15 teams in the country. Hell, in any typical college football season top 4 teams lose to lower rated teams all the time.

BTW, I think UCF would beat Clemson on a neutral field. I think Whisky versus Georgia or Bama would be a slug fest and I would like the Badgers chances. I also think Oklahoma would beat Ohio State again but I would favor OSU against Clemson and against Bama & Georgia I would like the Bucs chances in what I would expect to be very close games.

I don't have scarlet and gray glasses on. The SEC is not that good. Its bowl record proved that this year. Georgia looks the most troublesome of these four teams. They are physical and can throw and run. If Barrett had an average game, tOSU could beat all of these teams. .

Please stop you are embarrassing yourself.
There are 2 SEC teams in the championship game.
Barrett had an average game against Oklahoma at HOME and they still got blasted.

Frankly, I don't think you can guarantee the outcome of a game between any of the top 15 teams in the country. Hell, in any typical college football season top 4 teams lose to lower rated teams all the time.

BTW, I think UCF would beat Clemson on a neutral field. I think Whisky versus Georgia or Bama would be a slug fest and I would like the Badgers chances. I also think Oklahoma would beat Ohio State again but I would favor OSU against Clemson and against Bama & Georgia I would like the Bucs chances in what I would expect to be very close games.

I agree with everything you said except OU beating the Bucks again. TOSU's defense is much better now than it was the first week. Look at all of the players the Bucks had to replace on defense and especially in the secondary where they got picked apart. Those kids have improved greatly and Mayfield would not be able to do what he did to the Buckeyes now what he did early in the season.

I agree with everything you said except OU beating the Bucks again. TOSU's defense is much better now than it was the first week. Look at all of the players the Bucks had to replace on defense and especially in the secondary where they got picked apart. Those kids have improved greatly and Mayfield would not be able to do what he did to the Buckeyes now what he did early in the season.

My concern with an Ohio State versus OK rematch would be that Barrett just wouldn't be able to generate enough offense to win the game. I agree that the OSU defense is likely to have had more success in a rematch I just wouldn't trust the Bucs offense to play any better.

My concern with an Ohio State versus OK rematch would be that Barrett just wouldn't be able to generate enough offense to win the game. I agree that the OSU defense is likely to have had more success in a rematch I just wouldn't trust the Bucs offense to play any better.

I think Haskins or Burrows next year will definitely give the Buckeyes a better chance to beat all of these teams because those two guys can pass and that will keep defenses off balance. Going to have to replace Price, and that will not be easy to do.

Sorry, to say I don't agree with anything you just said. That is just your Big10, and Ohio St. bias coming out I believe

Sorry, to say I don't agree with anything you just said. That is just your Big10, and Ohio St. bias coming out I believe

Big 10 & Ohio State bias sure is a strange thing if it can make me argue that UCF could beat Clemson.

I get why SEC folks support the current college playoff system - it's been VERY GOOD to you guys. Heck, after this season and an all SEC championship game the committee may decide that two of the four playoff spots should automatically go to the SEC!