#1 Clemson vs #4 Alabama

Which team will win?

• Clemson

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Alabama

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Stop worrying about what other teams schedule was. The onus was on ohio st to win games not to rely on other teams to lose etc.
Iowa and Oklahoma are not anyone else’s fault but osu.

This is the most accurate statement made on this topic.

Never said any of the 4 were elite. I just said Okiehad by far the worst of the 4 teams

Defense seems optional in this game :laugh:

OU defense doesn't look too bad. Maybe we assumed SEC defenses were better than they are. Because so far this looks like a track meet

As much as I don’t want to hear about an all sec title game I think I’m pulling for Bama. Can’t bring myself to root for Clemson.

Clemson OL struggling big time. Bryant's going to have to scramble a lot and make plays with his legs for Clemson to have a chance.

Only down 7 after that bad half on offense. Should consider themselves lucky.

Clemson needs to run some clock so their defense doesn't get worn down

Clemson OL struggling big time.
Sweeney is going to have to light a fire under their OL. Alabama's defense is obviously good, since they actually have led the country in "total defense" (defined as total offensive yards given up per game) this season. However, they aren't nearly as dominant in terms of sacks this year as they have been in the past.

Ironically, Clemson's defense is #1 this season in terms of total sacks, and Alabama's is 26th. The way the first half looked, you'd swear it was the opposite.

Clemson had a PI call on that last Bama drive before half on, a DB that was nearly identical to a no-call on Bama during Clemson's FG drive. Luckily there were offsetting penalties so it wasn't enforced.

Clemson is being out played and out coached through the 1st half. Luckily Bama missed that FG and they're only down 7.

Sweeney is going to have to light a fire under their OL. Alabama's defense is obviously good, since they actually have led the country in "total defense" (defined as total offensive yards given up per game) this season. However, they aren't nearly as dominant in terms of sacks this year as they have been in the past.

Ironically, Clemson's defense is #1 this season in terms of total sacks, and Alabama's is 26th. The way the first half looked, you'd swear it was the opposite.

Bizarre comparing the pass rushes of both defenses. The majority of the first half Clemson didn't look like the DL with two potential top-10 picks.