Week 7: LaSalle

If X let's LS hang around until late in the 4th qt. like last year, one mistake like the pick 6 of last could cost X a GCLS title.

should be some great matchups. LS team D speed vs X Offense. I'm thinking (& hoping) X non-Specht receivers bounce back. Expect big game from Kreimer. His dad was an LS star in the 80's and he caught some heat when he went to X instead of LS so he tends to play well in that game. X D will be without Bacevich so rest must step up. Interested to see how X tries to limit Wylie's height. Thought Wylie had a huge play last yr on the 3rd down 1 handed catch from the back up QB after Merritt got knocked out for a play. If he doesn't make that catch LS punts instead of scoring FG on that drive.

Mickey and Blue. There is a lot more than close scores. Check the rushing totals and the passing totals. Both are close. It may be two different games but it's the same team one week apart

The score and the closeness of the game have a lot to do with the rushing and passing totals because it affects who is in the game and the types of plays called. The X/Moeller game and the LS/Moeller game stats should not be compared in this manner.

La Salle is not the same in their running attack now that they were earlier in the year. Consider what a respected Moeller poster said about Moeller run defense before the Crusaders hosted the Lancers at Lockland.

Moeller is real solid in the front seven. They are not fast, but they are stout with the entire front 7 over 200 lb, only giving up 3.4 ypc

Now look at what La Salle gained on the ground against Moller (135 yards on 36 attempts for 3.8 ypc). This is not the same rushing game that ReLoad says only gained 46 yards against Winton Woods.

We literally handed LS that game last year. Looking for a little payback this week.

GCL is always the first priority for every Specht coached team. Throw in last year and that this game is at home with a good weather forecast and .... let's just say, if this group is who I think they are, they are not going to let this opportunity slip through their fingers.

I'm a biased X fan, but if Quinn Early doesn't get hurt in 3Q last yr then X can run the ball a bit in 4thQ and not forced into obvious pass scenarios that led to pick 6 and LS win. No excuse, LS earned the win.

Cam Specht up for Enquirer player of week. Enquirer online rated Kiessling's game as #1 prospect performance and apparently paper version had a different blurb. Vote for Cam!!!

Good to see the BigPun back.

La Salle is not the same in their running attack now that they were earlier in the year. Consider what a respected Moeller poster said about Moeller run defense before the Crusaders hosted the Lancers at Lockland.

Now look at what La Salle gained on the ground against Moller (135 yards on 36 attempts for 3.8 ypc). This is not the same rushing game that ReLoad says only gained 46 yards against Winton Woods.

Good point!
I change my mind.

Bombers by 30

Mickey Mantle won't like it comparing the Crusaders and the Lancers against the Bombers, but the Yankees are already in the playoffs, so he will probably be doing this Friday night what he does best when not playing and that is drinking and chasing women.

I can see the Bombers putting up 30 on the Lancers since they already did it to the Crusaders. We have heard on this thread that the Bombers dominated the Crusaders and their one touchdown was a gift. We have also heard that the Lancers got their gift last year when the Bombers gave the game away. I could see a 30-0 score, so ReLoad's 30 point prediction is spot on. I can't imagine him reloading last year's game, can anyone?

If the Bombers can destroy the Crusaders, why not the Lancers? Aren't they both relics of the Middle ages. I can see it now. A Lancer on his horse running around Ballaban field trying to dodge a Bomber is his cockpit flying over the field dropping bombs.

The first bomb knocks out the Lancerman's horse, so he is reduced to running around the field without a horse. The second bomb bounces off the armor of the Lancerman and blows up his spear. Finally two more bombs literally destroy the Lancerman.

The real question is how the Bombers get the two points to total 30. Do they tackle the Lancer in his end zone or do they twice get two point conversion.

This game is easy to call because the Crusaders and Lancers proved last week there is very little difference between the two. If they played ten times, you could flip a coin to predict the win each time.

We have already seen what a Bombers can do to a Crusader, so this Friday we will see what a Bomber can do to another fighter from the Middle ages. ReLoad is right. Modern Bombers 30, Middle aged Lancers 0. No gifts this time.

Last edited:
Mickey Mantle won't like it comparing the Crusaders and the Lancers against the Bombers

Because it's absurd. You call plays much differently when you're up 23-7 at halftime than you do when you're trailing 14-7 at the half and 24-21 with two minutes left.

Come on, man. How long have you been watching football?

The line on this game in the Yappi KOS contest on the main football forum is St. Xavier -21½. Interesting that all 25 yappi posters so far are picking LS to beat that spread, so there's is a good chance X won't win by 30 or even 23 like they did against Moeller. After all, aren't there a lot of so called experts on Yappi.

Mickey Mantle won't like it comparing the Crusaders and the Lancers against the Bombers.

You also play different teams in different ways and try to exploit their weaknesses while stopping their strength.

If I was a head coach, I would never play Moeller the way I played LaSalle or I would lose all of my ball games.

I thought that would be common sense. It's not so common afterall.

The line on this game in the Yappi KOS contest on the main football forum is St. Xavier -21½. Interesting that all 25 yappi posters so far are picking LS to beat that spread, so there's is a good chance X won't win by 30 or even 23 like they did against Moeller. After all, aren't there a lot of so called experts on Yappi.

I've never understood the value or the point of predicting who will win and by how much. Although I do admit I love watching yapsters fight about it as if it means something.

As for me, I just hope the Bombers can keep it close ...

In today's print edition of the Enquirer, they preview big games and the four writers who cover high school sports make their picks. James Weber actually is picking La Salle to win. Wow!

3 time defending Champs in our house...gonna be tough but time for some payback.

Those three years saw a rebirth of La Salle football. Look at the GCLS win loss records of the four teams, and you will see that La Salle is on a par with the other three that has not been seen in the 56 years of their existance. Here are the teams GCLS records from the 2014-2016 seasons.

La Salle and St. Xavier 6-3
Elder and Moeller 3-6

La Salle's GCL record from 1962-2013 is 63-149. That is a winning percentage under 30%. This record is not accurate against the big boy schools since the earlier years saw Roger Bacon, Purcell and McNicholas in the same league. I'll get a revised total later.

Those three years saw a rebirth of La Salle football. Look at the GCLS win loss records of the four teams, and you will see that La Salle is on a par with the other three that has not been seen in the 56 years of their existance. Here are the teams GCLS records from the 2014-2016 seasons.

La Salle and St. Xavier 6-3
Elder and Moeller 3-6

La Salle's GCL record from 1962-2013 is 63-149. That is a winning percentage under 30%. This record is not accurate against the big boy schools since the earlier years saw Roger Bacon, Purcell and McNicholas in the same league. I'll get a revised total later.

So, Lancermania, what do you attribute the rebirth to? Clearly, better athletes = better performance. Was there a shift in policy at LaSalle regarding admissions, transfers or AD strategy that you can pinpoint which led to the turnaround?

Those three years saw a rebirth of La Salle football.

Doesn't there need to be a birth to have a rebirth? LaSalle has won the GCL

2010 shared
2014 shared
2016 outright
2017 ???

I don't think I forgot any year. So it was more of an awakening rather that a rebirth.

I'm glad LaSalle is on the same playing field, as of now, but how long will it last? Your coaches leave every couple years.

Joe Eitel and Drew Pasteur doe Harbin calculations and playoff projections on their websites. Pastuer's program has X beating LS by 10.

Not trying to pick on you Lancermania, but if Moe fans get their way and run Rodenberg off, the 1st target will be Coach McLaughlin. Feel bad for the kids in that case, having 4 different coaches in 4 yrs can be rough and conversely makes X folks thankful for Steve Specht's longevity.

In today's print edition of the Enquirer, they preview big games and the four writers who cover high school sports make their picks. James Weber actually is picking La Salle to win. Wow!

#FakeNews Enquirer.

Look for the Bombers to drop kick the Lancers back to the lesser end of North Bend Road.

LS Athletic Scholarships

Joe Eitel and Drew Pasteur doe Harbin calculations and playoff projections on their websites. Pastuer's program has X beating LS by 10.

Not trying to pick on you Lancermania, but if Moe fans get their way and run Rodenberg off, the 1st target will be Coach McLaughlin. Feel bad for the kids in that case, having 4 different coaches in 4 yrs can be rough and conversely makes X folks thankful for Steve Specht's longevity.

That's what they're for...

Doesn't there need to be a birth to have a rebirth? LaSalle has won the GCL

2010 shared
2014 shared
2016 outright
2017 ???

I don't think I forgot any year. So it was more of an awakening rather that a rebirth.

I'm glad LaSalle is on the same playing field, as of now, but how long will it last? Your coaches leave every couple years.

1995 shared.

I'm pretty confident it will last. Good AD and I kind of think we have a long-term coach now.