Week 7: LaSalle

With 5 of the Bomber's 7 victories being blowouts the starters stats suffer due to early substitutions, conservative play calling and running clock (twice).
Those 5 games X won by more than 3 scores (29, 43, 24, 23 and 35 points)
The starters were pulled early and Specht's play calling went run heavy
Agreed - in 3 of the wins (Walnut, Cathedral, and Lasalle) - I don't think any of the players listed played beyond a series in the second half

Agreed - in 3 of the wins (Walnut, Cathedral, and Lasalle) - I don't think any of the players listed played beyond a series in the second half

Running clock against Hinsdale, air out of the ball versus Moeller too.
After all, I am glad that the reserves get to play and our starters get to rest. If we can keep winning, the individual records will mean nothing to the boys.

Last edited:
Payne still had a cast on the wrist on Friday and Mesue and Bacevich didn't dress.
Hoping all 3 will be available for St. Ignatius in a couple weeks

Payne had a carry late in the game. Are you saying it was playing with a cast on his wrist?

Was wearing it at practice today and getting reps......maybe it's just a wrap.
Gretz was back at NG today, Logsdon still in for Mesue and Arthur at middle LB with Kiessling moved outside in place of Bacevich

Was wearing it at practice today and getting reps......maybe it's just a wrap.
Gretz was back at NG today, Logsdon still in for Mesue and Arthur at middle LB with Kiessling moved outside in place of Bacevich

They are wrapping Payne's hand each day. He is not in a cast but he is only 3-4 weeks removed from surgery on the hand so gotta protect it.