Steubenville's Travels (Or Lack Thereof)

I love the innanets. Where any knucklehead can say anything without providing any facts to back up or even remotely give credibility to.

Games get switched, contracts get wiped away, stuff happens. Anyone ever gonna show some proof that Steubenville and/or Reno is afraid to play them or bails on contracts purposely for no valid reason?

Are you going to show some proof that Steubenville didn't, or should we just take your word for it?

That's all I ask. I could really care less, but with all the chest-pounding and certitude displayed by some Steubenville supporters in this thread, I just would like to see some verification. If provided, it would close this matter and, mercifully, this thread.

So, you have no problem with Steubenville cancelling next year's game with STVM because, you know, stuff happens!?! I'm not suggesting that Steubenville is afraid to play the Irish, they are too good of a team for that. But I am saying that if it is true that Big Red is backing out, then the Coach and the AD are not men of their word.

Not from Steubenville, do not know Reno. All I know is what the local fraud of a tv station reports or the local paper. But, then again, I did not start this nonsense. Those people making these bold claims about it, should be providing the documentation, don't you think? Any intelligent person should be able to come to the conclusion that they do not back out/screw other teams or who would be dumb enough to schedule them in the first place. The proof is in the facts.

From the outside looking in it is a valid criticism if a team breaks a home and home contact after the initial game is played. With that said football contracts often have financial terms that allow for monetary buyouts in the event the full contract isn't honored.

Instead of bickering, insulting and fighting over the issue all someone has to do is put in a public records request and prove the other side wrong.

People take a lot of unfair cheap shots at Steubenville. Never once I have ever read or heard another school accuse them of not honoring a contract. Fans not in the know often jump to conclusions to valid their side. All I am saying is prove it one way or the other

Not from Steubenville, do not know Reno. All I know is what the local fraud of a tv station reports or the local paper. But, then again, I did not start this nonsense. Those people making these bold claims about it, should be providing the documentation, don't you think? Any intelligent person should be able to come to the conclusion that they do not back out/screw other teams or who would be dumb enough to schedule them in the first place. The proof is in the facts.

These ^ are very good posts. Some say they do it (break contracts) others say they don't. It would be good to get to the *truth* of the claims, and deal in facts.

Are you going to show some proof that Steubenville didn't, or should we just take your word for it?

That's all I ask. I could really care less, but with all the chest-pounding and certitude displayed by some Steubenville supporters in this thread, I just would like to see some verification. If provided, it would close this matter and, mercifully, this thread.[/QUOTE

Both sides feel they are correct (I think), so I guess it all falls on who's word you would trust. With so many people hearing different things (myself included),
unless your the AD, Head Coach, or the water boys, who really knows.

C&B has been around since the early 00's, he's a good guy. He just wears his heart on his sleeve. Don't run him off.

Both sides feel they are correct (I think), so I guess it all falls on who's word you would trust. With so many people hearing different things (myself included),
unless your the AD, Head Coach, or the water boys, who really knows.

That's the problem I'm having with this discussion: I don't trust anyone's word. My background is journalism, and old-school journalism, at that...the kind of journalism that was practiced not that long ago when both sides of the story were reported and you needed two sources to confirm information before it could be reported. That's all I have asked - documented and/or validated facts - but have you seen anything that remotely resembled that on this thread? That's why I got somewhat brittle with a couple of posters who declared that, by God, they had the facts, and you'll just have to believe them. Sorry, that doesn't wash. What has been amusing is the pugnacious attitudes of a couple of posters when someone called them on it. That provided me some grins. And that's a fact. :)

That's the problem I'm having with this discussion: I don't trust anyone's word. My background is journalism, and old-school journalism, at that...the kind of journalism that was practiced not that long ago when both sides of the story were reported and you needed two sources to confirm information before it could be reported. That's all I have asked - documented and/or validated facts - but have you seen anything that remotely resembled that on this thread? That's why I got somewhat brittle with a couple of posters who declared that, by God, they had the facts, and you'll just have to believe them. Sorry, that doesn't wash. What has been amusing is the pugnacious attitudes of a couple of posters when someone called them on it. That provided me some grins. And that's a fact. :)

I'm with you. I prefer to deal in facts.

Unfortunately, if enough people are willing to get on board to give traction to a statement made matter-of-factly, the veracity of the statement is not even put into question. I think it's part of the mob mentality.

Cannoli and Journey.... thank you for the kind words. There are appreciated I will admit to giving up control when my father is attacked by anonymous keyboard toughies. Cannoli, had I not misread your comments there would have been zero friction between us. Thanks to the both of you for putting yourself in the position where Craig haters become Cannoli haters. But that's how these things operate.

I'm with you. I prefer to deal in facts.

Unfortunately, if enough people are willing to get on board to give traction to a statement made matter-of-factly, the veracity of the statement is not even put into question. I think it's part of the mob mentality.

Oh really? How freaking pathetic you are chump.

Journey and C&B are pals.

Shocking.gif~c200

Shocking. :laugh:

Sorry folks. I do not know who journey is by his user name. I may very well THE him/her. But as of right now I do not know Journey. But all of you can show your true colors and start insulting someone for simply saying something kind.

I love the innanets. Where any knucklehead can say anything without providing any facts to back up or even remotely give credibility to.

Games get switched, contracts get wiped away, stuff happens. Anyone ever gonna show some proof that Steubenville and/or Reno is afraid to play them or bails on contracts purposely for no valid reason? The facts are the total opposite. This is just nonsense. There are a lot of d2, d3 and d4 teams that could and should play some of the better teams around them, but absolutely would never even entertain the thought. Why?

I guess as long as people hate Steubenville, it is a good thing. They must really matter to some of you guys. You guys have a real hard on for Big Red.

And, btw, Steubenville may not be the best, cleanest, non corrupt city around, but my god, for the guys from Youngstown, you have to be kidding me.

Then just play an OVAC schedule and be done with it?

Nobody answered my initial questions.

Does anyone else have a record even close to this in Ohio?

I have to guess because I don't know for sure. I would think Massillon typically plays more home games than road games and has for decades like Steubenville. They were a State Power for decades and have a large Stadium and adult fans very caught up in the outcome. The only thing they don't share with Steubenville is Big Red's close proximity to two other States.

They also have an exceptional website that details their very enviable football history (enviable by the vast majority of Ohio schools, anyway) and if you chose to do the same research you did on the Steubenville website, you could see if it's close.

I have it on record where they have dropped games.

Also have it where Reno has told certain teams no.

but I am not throwing this stuff out there. A school is allowed to say no, and they are allowed to break a contract with a penalty of a monetary amount.

Its more entertaining to read this banter than to prove one side wrong or right.

The word has been out on Reno for awhile, but the $5grand or whatever it is they pay a school to come there to play is too inviting for schools to turn down

so there it is, happens at other high schools as well as all the way up to BCS schools.

I have it on record where they have dropped games.

Also have it where Reno has told certain teams no.

but I am not throwing this stuff out there. A school is allowed to say no, and they are allowed to break a contract with a penalty of a monetary amount.

Its more entertaining to read this banter than to prove one side wrong or right.

The word has been out on Reno for awhile, but the $5grand or whatever it is they pay a school to come there to play is too inviting for schools to turn down

so there it is, happens at other high schools as well as all the way up to BCS schools.

I ran a query on my scores database for 2001-2016. 16x5=80 would be typical/average. Not surprisingly, teams with most home games:

114 - Steubenville
106 - Massillon Washington
104 - Warren Warren G. Harding
97 - Cincinnati Elder
96 - Barberton (?)
95 - Steubenville Catholic Central
92 - Niles McKinley
92 - Austintown-Fitch
91 - Canton McKinley
90 - Canton Central Catholic
90 - Zanesville
90 - Canfield
90 - Akron STVM

I ran a query on my scores database for 2001-2016. 16x5=80 would be typical/average. Not surprisingly, teams with most home games:

114 - Steubenville
97 - Cincinnati Elder
96 - Barberton (?)
92 - Niles McKinley
92 - Austintown-Fitch
91 - Canton McKinley
90 - Zanesville
90 - Canfield
90 - Akron STVM

Excellent information. Thank you.

114 - Steubenville
97 - Cincinnati Elder
96 - Barberton (?)
92 - Niles McKinley
92 - Austintown-Fitch
91 - Canton McKinley
90 - Zanesville
90 - Canfield
90 - Akron STVM

Did anyone happen to notice the irony here...5 of the 12 teams listed are Old All American Conference foes. Steubenville, Massillon, Warren Harding, Canton McKinley and Niles McKinley. This home game thing started back in the early 60's and became normal practice. In those days it was generally a 7-3 breakdown. With the quality of schedule these teams play I think it was felt that having that extra home game or two was needed. It's nice to see our brethren from Steub CC likes their home games as well.