lebron: no football in my house

Well, sure there are, for a few reasons.

Soccer is for puzzies, (literally and figuratively) so every bump and bruise is going to demand scrutiny. The moms are left in charge because the dads are embarrassed, so that's an even greater proportion of exaggerated reactions.

Then there's the fact that those are the kids that can't play football. Get a bunch of spastic dorks running around in a field together, and they are bound to run in to each other.

Soccer has a lot working against it. All it has going for it is cheaper equipment, really.

Soccer has more cases of concussion and foot, knee, ankle, etc. injuries for obvious reasons. It's not a game for . While not as physical as football or rugby, it's much tougher than some give it credit for being. The gamesmanship on display during matches (diving) is not an implication of the athletes' toughness... though, I wish they would stop bringing out the stretcher crew for every hard foul.

The dangers of football, however, go beyond most other sports because of the amount of violent hits and the wear on the body. The long-term health implications can be pretty severe. Maybe the sports of the future are tennis, golf, and lacrosse.

Who wouldn't choose basketball over football? One sport you get a lifetime of pain and debilitating injuries for less money and non guaranteed contracts. The other you play a relatively safe sport and get more money with guaranteed contracts.

Who wouldn't choose basketball over football? One sport you get a lifetime of pain and debilitating injuries for less money and non guaranteed contracts. The other you play a relatively safe sport and get more money with guaranteed contracts.

no brainer. Lebron might be retiring now as an NFL WR. Many years of basketball left. He could probably convert his game to Magic Johnson and play til 42-44 yrs old if his knees held up and he wanted to.

The kid that was a no-doubt MVP in Nordonia's 56-52 win tonight will be done with football when his HS season is over, despite Yale, Air Force, OU, Toledo, etc offers. He's going on an academic ride and playing CF instead of WR/SS in college.

Soccer has more cases of concussion and foot, knee, ankle, etc. injuries for obvious reasons. It's not a game for . While not as physical as football or rugby, it's much tougher than some give it credit for being. The gamesmanship on display during matches (diving) is not an implication of the athletes' toughness... though, I wish they would stop bringing out the stretcher crew for every hard foul.

The dangers of football, however, go beyond most other sports because of the amount of violent hits and the wear on the body. The long-term health implications can be pretty severe. Maybe the sports of the future are tennis, golf, and lacrosse.

Do you think you could contradict yourself more?

Soccer has more concussions and injuries than football, but football has more long term injuries implications? Going by your position that soccer has more injuries, it would stand to reason it would more long term lingering effects.

Just stop trying to "toughen up" soccer. And if you lump Lax in with soccer and tennis, you've never played it and if you did you were CLEARLY doing it wrong.

Do you think you could contradict yourself more?

Soccer has more concussions and injuries than football, but football has more long term injuries implications? Going by your position that soccer has more injuries, it would stand to reason it would more long term lingering effects.

Just stop trying to "toughen up" soccer. And if you lump Lax in with soccer and tennis, you've never played it and if you did you were CLEARLY doing it wrong.

Soccer has more LOWER BODY injuries, which I thought I clearly highlighted, not injuries total. And having more lower body injuries doesn't mean the sport's injuries are as or more severe than football's.

Old soccer players are generally in good health and don't tend to die years earlier than normal because of things sustained from playing professionally. There's no doubt the severity of football's injuries are greater and have greater lasting effects.

While soccer may have more concussions overall, the amount of severe concussions is most definitely higher in football.

Your reasoning is absolutely horrible. I'm not surprised you don't understand.

I'm not trying to toughen up soccer. No one is saying it's as physical as football or rugby, but it's definitely a physical game. I've played both. Football is definitely tougher on the whole body. But when I played soccer, if the refs weren't calling the game like it was a U-8 youth league, it wasn't without its share of physical play. Taking a slide-tackle or getting your ankle stepped on or colliding heads hurts about as much or more than most football tackles, I guarantee you that. Hell, I think the worst pain I've ever had playing any sport was getting my inner thigh cleated during a soccer match. The biggest difference is, things like that only happen a few times a match, where as football it's an every play type of thing and the hits tend be much more violent and harsh on the body.

I haven't played lacrosse, but I've watched it. Comparatively, it's obviously safer.

So I guess lower body injuries don't linger later in life? And now we're talking about SEVERE concussions? Cause the anti football folks keep pushing the thousands of "little impacts" that cause problems later, not just the big hits

I'm not surprised your reasoning is fouled. You, like many others, try to make the case that soccer is as tough as football just look at the injuries! But then back off when it's pointed out, by you, that most retired soccer players are very healthy. You can't have it both ways. Either soccer is a sissy sport, or we need to shut it down like football since CLEARLY it has just as many injuries and MORE concussions...

Or all you anti football helicopter parents could just shut the Hell up and stop trying to force football out so you feel better about your pansy kid... or yourself. Soccer people that push how rough soccer is and then preach anti football are hypocrites.

I have played lacrosse (still do) and soccer competitively, and there is no comparing the two. Lacrosse is a man's game, but relatively safe, kind of like wrestling. You get hurt a lot, but relatively few injuries (there is a big difference).

I have played lacrosse (still do) and soccer competitively, and there is no comparing the two. Lacrosse is a man's game, but relatively safe, kind of like wrestling. You get hurt a lot, but relatively few injuries (there is a big difference).

Is LaX tougher than soccer? Do you mean no comparison between fb and LaX, or soccer?

Christ dude give it up :laugh:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ah, the old "you're crazy so I quit" ploy.

You clearly stated, several times on different threads how tough soccer is. You stated on this thread that soccer has more injuries (lower body, though I don't see too many fb players with injuries above the waist) and soccer had MORE concussions. If that statement is true, then we should also start disbanding soccer.

But it's not. And soccer people know that. They justice to try to save face by saying it's as tough as football. BUT... if true, soccer people need to ease up on fb or their sport is next.

No, you just don't understand the points you're arguing against. There's no point to continuing the conversation.

No, you just don't understand the points you're arguing against. There's no point to continuing the conversation.

You're right. No need to continue, since you clearly contradict yourself. Soccer has more concussions than football... but you think football concussions are different somehow.

A concussion is a concussion. And since soccer has more, anybody that says kids should play fb over soccer for long term health reasons is either a hypocrite or doesn't understand their own argument.

Concussions can vary widely in severity.

Very true, but he also said soccer players had more lower body injuries. Couple those two statements together, and he is strongly implying soccer is as rough as football but with less long term injuries. And then says the effects aren't as longasting. Huh? More injuries, and more concussions in soccer... as tough as football, but not as bad as football? Very contridictory.

He's a special kind of moron.

You did say their are more concussions in soccer than football, along with lower body injuries. Although I agree that football players pay for it later in life compared to soccer players. But if their are more concussions in soccer, shouldn't they wear bicycle helmets?

They've tried a few things. Players don't like it. They feel it gives them less control over headers.

Since soccer is so rugged I propose these helmets.
70UfbevY0btde-rIYdSO1JW5w0WzEMYz8tBgSDVJW4-EonYX4fkc5BI9uE_doKT9vz2NrEzv47hUneFNpfZ3ixiU4J5HcwQualxJzCm0B_Uo5IRV-tnyW7TLRrV5GovcHg=w350-h348-nc

"Hey, soccer is just as rough as football and even has more injuries and more concussions so don't you make fun of soccer! Huh? What's that? You think LeBron is an idiot and based on my argument we should phase out soccer too? No, that's not what I meant. Soccer isn't that bad. I'm just making up sht to try to look smart for EP who instantly sides with anybody against Slide... because he needs the help."

Crusaders