Bowe Bergdahl released

It's disgusting how some people will act as if they have known Sterling his entire life... intimately... and condemn him completely. But this loser abandons his Nation... no, turns against it... and abandons his Brothers and creed with very explicit email proof and witness testimony... and some of these guys act like he's a returning hero and giving it a "wait and see" attitude. Very one sided with the latitude there boys.

In my opinion the enemy is going to try and capture as many Americans as they can, regardless of what has happened recently. That's not going to change. Maybe this will change how terror groups treat our POW's? Maybe they will be treated more humane because of the recent events. What would really upset me is if they got him home and deemed him a hero without any sort of investigation as to what happened before he went missing. But as of now, with all of the cloudy details surrounding his disappearance, and no one really knowing exactly what happened back in 2009, I think it's good to get him back and out of the terrorists hands. Just my opinion.

My opinion is that he is a terrorist, a traitor and should stand trial. I am sickened by this and it is pretty obvious that we have a very weak president that has his own agenda and we are just the pawns in his games.

Just saw a clip of his dad praising Ala in Arabic. WTF'n Hell is going on around here? Any other time these clowns would be on a "no fly" list. This dancing monkey talking head of a loser President is parading these low life parasites around the White House. Christ on a rubber crutchCH, we might as well just all get a pet freaking rabbit and learn Arabic. What a bunch of spineless, yellow, no integrity, no pride having shameless anti American anus breathing cumquats.

My opinion is that he is a terrorist, a traitor and should stand trial. I am sickened by this and it is pretty obvious that we have a very weak president that has his own agenda and we are just the pawns in his games.

Every day more and more comes out about the deserter and his dad. Last night Col. Hunt was on TV last night who is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. He talked with 4 soldiers. Two of the soldiers were in the briefing after he deserted. he took a cell phone with him a day called saying what he was doing. The other two were in his unit also saying he deserted too. At some point his dad will come out with a book praising the Taliban. it disgusts me that soldiers died trying to save this piece of garbage. I know this will never happen, but I say try him and put him in one of the 5 cells in Gauntanamo Bay that previously held the terrorists.

Vamp, I too am sick to my stomach the way Obama thinks he doesn't enforce the law. He makes the law and if it doesn't suit him, than he will ignore it or change it on paper and acts as if it makes it legal. He knew he was suppose to notify congress, but once again the law doesn't apply for him. I guess deserters go to the top of the list for health care. They should have him wait in his cell while being put on the VA secret wait list. It will not be long before Russia takes the Ukraine back and China taking over Taiwan or some other land. Just wait at the 11th hour when Obama leaves he will be pardoning more if not all the prisoners left in Gauntanamo.

Just saw a clip of his dad praising Ala in Arabic. WTF'n Hell is going on around here? Any other time these clowns would be on a "no fly" list. This dancing monkey talking head of a loser President is parading these low life parasites around the White House. Christ on a rubber crutchCH, we might as well just all get a pet freaking rabbit and learn Arabic. What a bunch of spineless, yellow, no integrity, no pride having shameless anti American anus breathing cumquats.

What's going on? Isn't it obvious? As Obama promised, a fundamental transformation of America. Obama was on stage with the dad, hugging the dad and smiling away, as the dad was praising Allah in Arabic. Or...you can believe that Obama had no idea that freeing a deserter and trading him for 5 hardened high level terrorists (who will all go out and kill more Americans), is a GOOD thing for America.

Well, and as the dad is concerned, it's no wonder. The dad is the poster child for the Noam Chomsky left wing award, so of course the Obama administration is gloating all over him. I can't wait to see him with Barbara Walters, trashing up American and praising the Taliban, and he left becoming all gooshy over the guy...

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity, why, when you quoted this:

Did you leave out the rest of the quote:

Why would you try to show MU agreeing with the part of the post you quoted but not the rest of the post (which totally changed the tone of the post)?

So it's ok for MU to say that he's happy he's coming home, but not ok for other posters? Just want to make sure I know the rules before I jump into this thread.

So it's ok for MU to say that he's happy he's coming home, but not ok for other posters? Just want to make sure I know the rules before I jump into this thread.

My "ditto" was my quick way of saying that Middies post was the post the most closely reflected my opinion at first glance, taking into account some natural empathy for the family. And as Big pointed out, that post takes on a whole new balanced perspective when you read the entire post, instead of just snip out part of it.

Having said that, it's fairly clear, that once I learned more of the totality of the situation, my opinion of the situation changed considerably. Read beyond my simple "ditto" post for clarification. While I can still on some level feel empathy for the family (outside of his wackjob dad), I am not not happy he is home, given the circumstances.

Has your opinion changed? Or are you still happy that he's home?

I'm still happy he's home. I'm happy when any soldier makes it safely back home.

Even if he is a deserter, maybe even a traitor, and we put our citizens, both military and civilian, at risk to get him back? I doubt I'll be surprised by your answer. :Ohno:

Has your opinion changed? Or are you still happy that he's home?

When did I ever say I'm happy that he's home? Christ, I ended my last post with "before I jump in this thread", as in I had yet to jump in this thread. This is now my 2nd post in the thread.

I just want to understand the ground rules for this thread, which now apparently include you putting words in my mouth.

I'm still happy he's home. I'm happy when any soldier makes it safely back home.

So when one of the five terrorist released Saturday masterminds and leads the next attack on our soil, how will you explain your happiness to the victims of the next major terror attack?

There is so much wrong with this swap one could write a book.

So when one of the five terrorist released Saturday masterminds and leads the next attack on our soil, how will you explain your happiness to the victims of the next major terror attack?

There is so much wrong with this swap one could write a book.

Oh good lord! I can't be happy a soldier, a POW no less, came home safely?

Oh good lord! I can't be happy a soldier came home safely?

This is not any ordinary soldier. He's a deserter with implications of possibly being a traitor and our President put 5 of the most dangerous terrorist back on the street for this guy. Our President also violated several laws and again makes the US look weak on the international front. I really don't see what there is to be happy about.

This is not any ordinary soldier. He's a deserter with implications of possibly being a traitor and our President put 5 of the most dangerous terrorist back on the street for this guy. Our President also violated several laws and again makes the US look weak on the international front. I really don't see what there is to be happy about.

If the allegations have merit, he should be tried, but I'm still going to be happy we brought a pow home. Maybe I just care about the troops more than you do. :shrug:

If the allegations have merit, he should be tried, but I'm still going to be happy we brought a pow home. Maybe I just care about the troops more than you do. :shrug:

:rolleyes: We've already lost 6 soldiers lives because of this piece of trash. How many more lives will be lost because of the 5 terrorist who are now free to attack us again? I think your happiness is misguided because in my book this guy was no longer a soldier after he took off his equipment and left his guard post.

When did I ever say I'm happy that he's home? Christ, I ended my last post with "before I jump in this thread", as in I had yet to jump in this thread. This is now my 2nd post in the thread.

I just want to understand the ground rules for this thread, which now apparently include you putting words in my mouth.

Oh, I see, you weren't being snarky, you just wanted to understand the rules so you could properly participate in the thread.

Perfectly understandable ;)

Oh, I see, you weren't being snarky, you just wanted to understand the rules so you could properly participate in the thread.

Perfectly understandable ;)

Of course I was being snarky, but you are making assumptions about my opinions that you shouldn't.

Based on the info we have, I think the guy is a POS based on the fact that 6 soldiers lost their lives looking for him because of his selfish actions. Ask those 6 soldiers' families if they're happy about this guy coming home and I'm sure their response to you won't be so kind.

But at the same time I feel some sympathy for the guy who had to suffer for years because of a dumb decision he made while he was probably not in the best mental health because of the situation he was in. If he is regretful and remorseful, then I have some sympathy for him. If he still has the same attitude that he had when he decided to go off on his own, then he's an even bigger POS than anyone could imagine.

I don't really know why he was exchanged for 5 Taliban members/leaders. If it was Obama just attempting to gain some positive PR, then he's just as big of a POS, if not bigger. But no one here knows the real reason.

Here is a great article in Newsweek about the prisoner exchange that gives a lot of historical context. I highly recommend taking the time to give it a read: http://www.newsweek.com/truth-behind-bowe-bergdahl-pow-prisoner-swap-253218

While prisoner exchanges do have historical precedent, this is a VERY different kind of situation, and it's a tremendous stretch to draw the parallel this article trys to draw.

And then when you add all the other facts we know about this situation (the desertion, the emails before desertion, the interviews with his fellow soldiers who are now allowed to talk, the father's antics, the politics of the exchange) it's in no way, shape or form is this a like what construed as any typical prisoner exchange. Far far from it.

Here is a great article in Newsweek about the prisoner exchange that gives a lot of historical context. I highly recommend taking the time to give it a read: http://www.newsweek.com/truth-behind-bowe-bergdahl-pow-prisoner-swap-253218

The only historical context you need to understand about the long standing tradition of prisoner exchanges is that they are done to the mutual benefit of both parties. I can see how this benefitted the Taliban what I can’t for the life of me figure out is how this benefits the United States of America!

Yeah, that works if the "comrade" in question isn't a deserter/traitor.

I guess you need to inform Rear Adm. John F. Kirby of that. :shrug:

Rear Adm. John F. Kirby, the Pentagon spokesman, said that there was a larger matter at play: The American military does not leave soldiers behind. “When you’re in the Navy, and you go overboard, it doesn’t matter if you were pushed, fell or jumped,” he said. “We’re going to turn the ship around and pick you up.”