2012 Colerain Cardinals

CardinalsFan

Let's get it started! What does next year hold for the Cardinals? Given the youth on offense and the injuries to start the year, I was very proud of how the Cardinals did in 2011, despite the very sour ending to the season.

What are everyone's thoughts on 2012?
What are "reasonable" expectations for this team going forward?
What do the underclassmen bring to the table?
Who will be next year's "Tegray Scales" or "Detuan Smith"?
Can the Cardinals upset the Bombers in week 3 at St. X?
Who are your starters?

Let's hear it Cardinals Fans!!

-CardinalsFan

FI think the offense can be special. The D loses a lot. Durham, Scales, and Lang are the only returning starters i believe. We should reload the d as always. 9-1.

FI think the offense can be special. The D loses a lot. Durham, Scales, and Lang are the only returning starters i believe. We should reload the d as always. 9-1.

Fisher also got lots of pt during last season as well.

I'm wondering that with the litany of rb's we have this coming back if Bolden doesn't try and put a couple of them over on the defensive side of the ball. I think Sorn would make a heck of a lb!

isn't there a good fb from the freshman class? Sorn would be a good lb. kid just a good football player.

I heard the frosh team had some really good talent but just not a lot of numbers. Not entirely sure about the fb though, although we seem to just churn out some ridiculous rb's/fb's every year straight off the frosh team.

And as far as Sorn, we know he's a good qb, very good fb and I definately think he'd be more than solid at lb. Pure football guy, and a playmaker no matter where you put him. I can definately see this as a possible move.

How do Colerain insiders compare the coaching styles of Coombs vs. Bolden? Strengths and weaknesses?

Don't mention Coombs. I was his biggest fan till he went to Ohio State, now I can't even stand to hear his name!

Keep on the 2012 topic :)

Don't mention Coombs. I was his biggest fan till he went to Ohio State, now I can't even stand to hear his name!

Keep on the 2012 topic :)

I was wondering how Coombs going to Ohio State was going to mesh with the pipeline from Michigan to Colerain! Seems like 2 immovable objects haha

anyone go the red vs white game last night?? i wastched first half. hard to tell who some guys were. LA looked pretty good. rb's look nice. not sure who #4 was, but is built like detaun smith who was wearing #25. Kelvin Cook looked pretty good running the first team offense. Looked like Hudson was in street clothes. D looked very fast. two linemen had on #00 jerseys. one was Durham the other not sure. both MLB had on #0. one scales the other mabye Mirrizzi?? the safties looked to be Lang and maybe the Bacon transfer Brown#3?? one corner with #99 i think was jalen christian. not sure who #26 was. maybe aliva??

anyone go the red vs white game last night?? i wastched first half. hard to tell who some guys were. LA looked pretty good. rb's look nice. not sure who #4 was, but is built like detaun smith who was wearing #25. Kelvin Cook looked pretty good running the first team offense. Looked like Hudson was in street clothes. D looked very fast. two linemen had on #00 jerseys. one was Durham the other not sure. both MLB had on #0. one scales the other mabye Mirrizzi?? the safties looked to be Lang and maybe the Bacon transfer Brown#3?? one corner with #99 i think was jalen christian. not sure who #26 was. maybe aliva??

What is the deal with Hudson anyways? I just read a Rivals article on him saying he actually left Colerain last year and transferred to some school named East End Community Heritage School...What/where is that? But now he's back at Colerain and eligible?

Most underated RB prospect in the state of Ohio and Midwest. Someone is going to get an absolute steal with him (I'm hoping UC). He is a much better prospect than local guys who are getting all the hype like CJ Hilliard and Keith Watkins.

He hasn't had a healthy year since he was a freshman. I think colleges are waiting to see if he can play a full year. I agree though that if he is healthy this year he will be as good as any running back in the state.

Coach Bolden didnt bring his name up yesterday in the enquirer chat as a receiver. 2 other were tho... hmm, What is going on Tre?