2012 NCAA National Championship Game: Kansas vs. Kentucky

Who wins?

• Kansas by double digits

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rooting for Kansas since I hate the one-and-done rule.
Also rooting for Kansas to protect my rank on the Yahoo Tournament Challenge. Fell 150,000 when Kansas won, it'll probably be over 500,000 down if Kentucky wins Monday. Also, I'll finish 3rd in the Yappi group with a Kansas win, and 14th with a Kentucky win. I realize no one cares about my bracket rank, but that's a big reason why I'm rooting for Kansas.

For the good of college basketball, hopefully Kansas wins.

Why because of the one and dones? That is a rule put in place with the working relationship of the NBA/NCAA. There is nothing wrong with it. Would it have been bad for college basketball had the OSU team with Oden/Conley/Cook won it in 2007?

That was the young high recruits team vs the veterans at Florida who stayed to win ANOTHER title.

Last edited:
Kentucky has the better team, they should win. I don't like KY, but not understanding why it would be good for basketball to see them lose; student athletes in basketball[or football]? that ship sunk when Naismith was alive.

Why because of the one and dones? That is a rule put in place with the working relationship of the NBA/NCAA. There is nothing wrong with it. Would it have been bad for college basketball had the OSU team with Oden/Conley/Cook won it in 2007?

That was the young high recruits team vs the veterans at Florida who stayed to win ANOTHER title.

Nah man, it's cool if bennies favorite team whose school he didn't attend does it.

I don't like UK for the fans and Calipari. Every major program has had their share of one and dones, not the extent UK does every year, but still happens everywhere.

UK wins by 15.

I don't think this is true. In fact, the NCAA has nothing to do with the one and dones, it's the NBA players association. They are the ones who made the rule that a player can't enter the NBA draft until a year after he graduates from High School.

You really think the NCAA didn't go to the NBA and ask for this as well? Highly doubt it. Technically it is the NBA that imposes the league for entry into their league. That is obvious. But the NCAA clearly wants these high profile guys to play at least one year. Heck the President of the NCAA was on tv saying he would love it if the NBA would make it 2 or 3 years.

This is a dyslexic kid's worst nightmare!!!

But in all seriousness, I have a feeling that this game will end up being the UK blowout that everyone is expecting. UK still wins, but it will be closer than you think.

IMO, Oden was really the only one who was a known one-and-done on that team coming into the season. Conley really played his stock up to lottery level throughout the season and Cook was a non-contributor who definitely needed another year but left because of disagreements with the coaching staff.

Overall, I think the NCAA and NBA need to work out a "two or nothing" plan where players can once again go to the NBA right out of high school, but if they do decide to go to college, they have to stay for at least two years. MLB currently has a similar plan in place (though the requirement is three years).

IMO, Oden was really the only one who was a known one-and-done on that team coming into the season. Conley really played his stock up to lottery level throughout the season and Cook was a non-contributor who definitely needed another year but left because of disagreements with the coaching staff.

Overall, I think the NCAA and NBA need to work out a "two or nothing" plan where players can once again go to the NBA right out of high school, but if they do decide to go to college, they have to stay for at least two years. MLB currently has a similar plan in place (though the requirement is three years).

Your opinions on their stock mean nothing. All that means is Coach Cal did a better job of getting more top level guys than even Matta. They still were 3 one and done guys going against a veteran Florida team.

It is the same thing and you just weren't mad about it then because it was Ohio State. In no way is this Kentucky team any worse than that OSU team in 2007 or any others that had 1 and done type players. Heck Jones and Lamb came back to win just like Barnes did for UNC. Both those guys had 1st round grades last year but they chose to come back as sophomores. And I would say Gilchrist got his stock way up through the year as well. Conley was a very highly rated recruit. It isn't like he came out of nowhere.

You really think the NCAA didn't go to the NBA and ask for this as well? Highly doubt it. Technically it is the NBA that imposes the league for entry into their league. That is obvious. But the NCAA clearly wants these high profile guys to play at least one year. Heck the President of the NCAA was on tv saying he would love it if the NBA would make it 2 or 3 years.

:laugh: :laugh: You think the NBA cares about what the NCAA wants? You don't really think that the NCAA went to the NBA and asked if they could make a one and done rule so they could get the stars for a year, do you?

:laugh: :laugh: You think the NBA cares about what the NCAA wants? You don't really think that the NCAA went to the NBA and asked if they could make a one and done rule so they could get the stars for a year, do you?

Not even worth responding because you clearly can't read. I said the NBA ultimately makes the decisions but the NCAA does talk to the NBA about these things. While the NCAA doesn't have power, they do work with the NBA as a quasi minor league system.

Your opinions on their stock mean nothing. All that means is Coach Cal did a better job of getting more top level guys than even Matta. They still were 3 one and done guys going against a veteran Florida team.

It is the same thing and you just weren't mad about it then because it was Ohio State. In no way is this Kentucky team any worse than that OSU team in 2007 or any others that had 1 and done type players. Heck Jones and Lamb came back to win just like Barnes did for UNC. Both those guys had 1st round grades last year but they chose to come back as sophomores. And I would say Gilchrist got his stock way up through the year as well. Conley was a very highly rated recruit. It isn't like he came out of nowhere.

I think there is a difference, especially considering Calipari's track record in comparison to Matta's, but I understand if you disagree or think it has something to do with bias. :shrug:

Oden was 1, Cook was 13 and Conley was 18 in Rival's rankings in their recruiting class. That is 3 top 20 players and the number 1 rated player overall. It is the same damn scenario. You saying Kentucky's team is bad for basketball now and probably not caring at all about OSU in 2007 is directly related to a bias. There is no way around it.

Not even worth responding because you clearly can't read. I said the NBA ultimately makes the decisions but the NCAA does talk to the NBA about these things. While the NCAA doesn't have power, they do work with the NBA as a quasi minor league system.

You said the one and done rule was put together by the NCAA and NBA and their working relationship. I said that it was an NBA rule not a college rule. Then you said something along the lines of "well the NBA made the rule, but I doubt the NCAA didn't go to the NBA and ask for it to be done." Personally, I highly doubt that the NBA had the NCAA in mind at all when it came to making the rule.

Oden was 1, Cook was 13 and Conley was 18 in Rival's rankings in their recruiting class. That is 3 top 20 players and the number 1 rated player overall. It is the same damn scenario. You saying Kentucky's team is bad for basketball now and probably not caring at all about OSU in 2007 is directly related to a bias. There is no way around it.

Whatever you say. You're clearly right, as always. I mean that, seriously, not at all being sarcastic.

I said the NBA ultimately makes the rule but I bet you the NCAA did go to the NBA and talk about this as well. It only helps both games. Highly doubt that the NCAA/NBA dont' have discussions on these things even if the NBA has the power.