• Jerry Rice

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Darrin Chiaverini

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bcfs post deserved that responce. Cris Carter is one of the best ever, easily deserves to be in this conversation if Randy Moss does.

I think Carter should be in the HOF but some of those stats MentorFalcon provided were pointless. Most TD catches in Thursday games? Most one-yard TD catches? :laugh:

I think Carter should be in the HOF but some of those stats MentorFalcon provided were pointless. Most TD catches in Thursday games? Most one-yard TD catches? :laugh:

That doesn't take away from what he's done his entire career. I believe he's 4th on the all time touchdowns and receptions list among other stats. To laugh at his name being included in this discussion is ignorant.

I'm not laughing at his name being in the conversation or his career. Like I said, he deserves to be in the HOF and I'm not sure what the voting panel is doing by not putting him in yet. Just some of those stats MentorFalcon threw out were kind of dumb.

That doesn't take away from what he's done his entire career. I believe he's 4th on the all time touchdowns and receptions list among other stats. To laugh at his name being included in this discussion is ignorant.

Why? He's been passed over 5 times now for the HOF and you think he should be discussed as one of the greatest of all time at his position? Obviously there are those in the sport that disagree.

Why? He's been passed over 5 times now for the HOF and you think he should be discussed as one of the greatest of all time at his position? Obviously there are those in the sport that disagree.

And you believe he should be passed over? It's a mystery to everyone how that's the case. There really aren't any arguments to be made for why he's been passed over. BCF can applaud all he wants. He's nothing more than a pathetic troll who would be arguing for Cris Carter if I somehow had the opposite view.

I think he'd likely be in already if a large amount of those voting didn't think he was a d-bag.

Cris Carter wasnt one of the greatest of all time ?

One of two players to record 120+ receptions in a season twice, 1994 and 1995. (Wes Welker)
Most touchdown receptions on Thursday games (9)
Most 12+ reception games in a single season (4) in 1995
One of 3 players (Clarke Gaines and Jerry Rice) to record 12+ receptions in back to back games
Most consecutive games with at least 3 receptions (58)
Most 1-yard touchdown receptions in NFL history (9)
Most touchdown receptions 2 yards or less in NFL history (16) - tied with Jerry Rice
Most touchdown receptions 4 yards or less in NFL history (28)
Most touchdown receptions 5 yards or less in NFL history (36) - tied with Jerry Rice
Most touchdown receptions 6 yards or less in NFL history (44)
Most touchdown receptions 7 yards or less in NFL history (48)
Most consecutive games with 2 touchdown receptions (4) - tied with Calvin Johnson
Most consecutive seasons with 5+ touchdowns (11) - Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Don Hutson, Cris Carter, Tim Brown
Most consecutive seasons with 5+ touchdown receptions (11) - Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Don Hutson, Cris Carter, Tim Brown
First player to record a 150 yard receiving game in 3 different decades (Jerry Rice is the only other player to do so)

:laugh: one of the funniest posts I've ever read.

Lance Alworth

Agree 100% on Alworth. To me Alworth was the "Gale Sayers" of WR's while Jerry Rice was the "Walter Payton". Lance Alworth was flat out the most athletic WR to ever play the game!

I would also like to add Paul Warfield to the list. He came close to matching Alworth in that rare combination of speed, grace, and hands!