Yesterday at the BMV...

IVCguy

I had to go to get my driver's license renewed by the new requirements. I had every important document one would ever need to prove their identity and residence.

I had to check in at a desk with a very sober lady. She asked me my business. I told her and she began to ask me questions whether I had this document and that one. I answered yes to all, and then I joked, "And I also brought a DNA sample and two golden doodles who can confirm my identity."

The guy in line behind me doubles over in laughter - which should have been a strong clue to the lady that humor has been introduced into the conversation.

Instead, she looked at me very seriously and matter of factly said, "We cannot accept DNA results."

She didn't get the joke. The guy behind me was in tears.

Hmm, maybe. I think she got one over on you. She didn't say they don't accept golden doodles and kept a straight face while doing it. Though I wasn't there.

One more complaint.

Why is it that every time I get my picture taken for my license it looks like a mug shot of a pedophile?

I'm ugly, but generally have a pleasant demeanor. People don't run in the other direction when I walk toward them. But those BMV pictures make me look like the last guy you would let babysit.

It makes me sad. Lol

Found you on-line
dl.jpg

BMV story

Bought a used boat from Michigan was able to transfer the title for the boat/motor and also register the boat.

Trailer is a whole other issue.

If the trailer weighs less than 4,000 lbs it does not need to be titled to get plates.

I give them the old Michigan registration that lists the trailer at 435 lbs - sorry can't accept that.
I give them the original trailer manual that lists both the trailer model and trailer weight - sorry can't accept that.
I show them the boat manual listing the weight of the boat at 1,200 lbs and the 130 HP motor at 392 lbs and asked if I weigh them all together and they are combined all less than 4,000 lbs will they accept that - sorry can't accept that.

They then tell me that I have to get the trailer weight certified (empty weight) - meaning I have to take the boat off the trailer, then pull the trailer to a weigh station for a $5 cert.

I guess the fancy math doesn't work -

When
A + B = C
and
C<D
and all are non negative numbers

......for some reason A<D and B<D doesn't work.

Maybe they do need a stool sample ;).

There's a funny scene in a very old Simpsons episode where Marge's sister Selma goes to China to adopt a baby. As she is sitting with the woman in the government adoption agency she says "I too work for a cruel and faceless empire... The Department of Motor Vehicles."

Why is it that every time I get my picture taken for my license it looks like a mug shot of a pedophile?

I'm ugly, but generally have a pleasant demeanor. People don't run in the other direction when I walk toward them. But those BMV pictures make me look like the last guy you would let babysit.

My driver's license picture looks like I am a war criminal. Same with my passport picture. Hilarious comparing those side-by-side with my original passport I got in high school where I still look like a kid.

I always try to get to BMV before anyone that will have forgotten some piece of documentation, which ultimately starts a crap-show fight of the custumer thinking if they scream and hollar long enough, the rules wiil change. In other words, be first.

I always try to get to BMV before anyone that will have forgotten some piece of documentation, which ultimately starts a crap-show fight of the custumer thinking if they scream and hollar long enough, the rules wiil change. In other words, be first.
Saw that exact thing this week which is what prompted me to click on this thread to begin with.

Guy being waited on by impatient and passionless BMV employee is told his documents will not work for getting new plates as his registration is more than one year expired. He needs his title, but he did not bring his title. He proceeds to raise his voice to a level that makes me and several other customers a bit uncomfortable. Then as he's leaving says " she's like watching a monkey try to f a football ". Wonderful word picture.

At least your office is open. I live in Middletown and the one here closed maybe 2 weeks ago due to lack of staff. May have a new one open in Monroe in September. Will have to go to Hamilton or Franklin for now...

At least your office is open. I live in Middletown and the one here closed maybe 2 weeks ago due to lack of staff. May have a new one open in Monroe in September. Will have to go to Hamilton or Franklin for now...
That’s hilarious. A BMV closed due to lack of staff! Surprised they didn’t blame Trump or Putin first.

I am updating my post. The Middletown BMV reopened today!...