Who's going to be the new head Boys Basketball Coach at Canton McKinley

Who's going to be the new Head Boys Basketball Coach at Canton McKinley

• Bryant Bowden (Canton McKinley)

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Sean Weatherspoon (Alliance)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Mark Futch (Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Kyle McBride (Barberton)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Tony DeCesare (Solon)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dom Sanders (Macedonia Nordonia)

• Michael Bates (Columbus Akricentric Early College)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Quincey Simpson (Lima Senior)

• Darryn Patterson

• Canton McKinley Varsity Assistant Coaches)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok. I don’t know how true this is, but I heard that the superintendent is presenting a candidate to the school board today.
Hopefully something will be mentioned about the list of applicants or maybe they have their coach.

Hopefully something will be mentioned about the list of applicants or maybe they have their coach.
I think McKinley has their coach but I have no idea when it will be announced. It's easy to read the tea leaves from post #53.

Ok. I don’t know how true this is, but I heard that the superintendent is presenting a candidate to the school board today.
Superintendent can always motion to amend the agenda at the very beginning of a meeting. Little parliamentary procedure trick if you’re making an announcement or don’t want something public prior to a meeting.

Superintendent can always motion to amend the agenda at the very beginning of a meeting. Little parliamentary procedure trick if you’re making an announcement or don’t want something public prior to a meeting.
Ok. Thanks for that information.

I just watched the BOE meeting,got a call from a coach from Alliance and a few McK ole school guy's,nothing negative all positive....BAM!

Reactions: Mck
I just watched the BOE meeting,got a call from a coach from Alliance and a few McK ole school guy's,nothing negative all positive....BAM!
I guess we’ll never get the list of applicants. That’s all folks.

If you don’t think the program has been good enough the past few years then how can you validate pushing somebody out and hiring one of his assistants?

Listen, I don’t know Che but what has he done to earn the job?

If nobody applied that meets what they want for the next head coach, they will go headhunting for one. While McKinley isn’t what is was 15-20 years ago, it is still a very good job in the state of Ohio. You have great facilities, talent throughout the city and they will make sure you have a good teaching/administrative job to go with it.

If they want Spoon and he didn’t apply, do you think he turns them down if they come to him? Sure he can run the NBC while at Alliance but if they’re D1 they’re never getting out of the district come tournament time. Spoon wasn’t brought up wanting to win league titles, he was brought up to win Regionals and States.
Who to say the talent level is better at McKinley then Alliance??? Alliance is stuck in the league they play in because of enrollment...and we have those same expectations that you do!

Alliance tied for first in a terrible basketball league with few teams in it..alliance and canton McKinley should never be mentioned in the same sentence.