What charities do you support, and what are your criteria?

My wife and I give to many charities all year round. Most are local civic groups and school programs. We donate to 5 different schools.

However our favorite charities are giving help directly to families in need. We contact local Churches to vet the families needs and situations. The donation is usually a mix of goods and cash.

My wife has a cousin that lives in a group home for the developmentally disabled. Most of our "charity" money goes to help him and his housemates. The rest goes into a program at work that funds one-time needs for employees (pay monthly bills when someone has been off work due to illness, etc.).

Reactions: SLS
I'm sorry I don't have the site available, but there is a ranking of all the major charities as to how much a dollar is spent on administrative costs and how much of that dollar actually goes to the cause that is being promoted. You'd be surprised on how many of the charities spend money on administrative costs, i.e., the salary of the officers, rather than the charity itself.

I'm sorry I don't have the site available, but there is a ranking of all the major charities as to how much a dollar is spent on administrative costs and how much of that dollar actually goes to the cause that is being promoted. You'd be surprised on how many of the charities spend money on administrative costs, i.e., the salary of the officers, rather than the charity itself.
I think that you may be referring to Charity Navigator. https://www.charitynavigator.org/