West Beats Fairfield

lotr10

Lakota West beat Fairfield 1 - 0 in a hard fought match at a rain soaked Kings Stadium tonight.

It was a tale of two halves, as West dominated the first stanza in taking a 1 - 0 lead on a 31 yard "wet wiggler" that just got by the FF keeper. However, in the second half it was a whole new game as the Indians took it to West, out-shooting them 8 - 2 and dominating play. The Lakota Goalie had an outstanding second half as he made several tricky saves in bad weather conditions.

The game was a typical FF/West affair and was played at a fever pitch. I have to say as a FF fan I was proud of how the kids turned the tide in the 2nd half and came out with fire in their eyes. One misplayed ball by the West keeper and tonight's game would have went into sudden death.

With loads of young talent returning next year and back to back one loss JV squads the Indians look to be back on top the next 2 seasons.

Finally hat's off to this years seniors. You played hard all year and did well playing the toughest schedule in region 4. Good luck in life and I guess we'll be seeing some of you at future Alumni games!

thanks lotr! it was cool to have such a big fan and explain what he saw from the sidelines and see what people thought of us. i love coming home to see what you had thought of the games. it was a fun season.

Now West moves on to play Lebanon who pulled a huge 2-1 upset over Centerville who tied West 0-0 earlier in the season. West will definitely be favored largely coming into this game, but then again so was Centerville...

Congrats Lakota West on a good victory. What makes me mad is the Journal-news article about the game where they continue to quote Farfield players and coaches and they were complaining about how it was like ice out on the field? Give me a break...if girls could play a game before this game then it must not have been too bad. And plus, both teams were playing in the same conditions, just adjust to the conditions. Good game by both teams.

Congrats Lakota West on a good victory. What makes me mad is the Journal-news article about the game where they continue to quote Farfield players and coaches and they were complaining about how it was like ice out on the field? Give me a break...if girls could play a game before this game then it must not have been too bad. And plus, both teams were playing in the same conditions, just adjust to the conditions. Good game by both teams.

the coach actually said that you cant blame it on the conditions like that so i dont know why you say give you a break. the other kid just stated what it was like playing in it. i dont think any excuses were made at all about why Fairfield lost.

I read the article differently then you did. It sounded like at the prodding of the reporter about playing in rough conditions a couple of the FF kids stated the bloody obvious - that it was slippery. As far as the girls game before, excuse me but it rained a LOT harder in the second half of the FF/West game. It was coming down in buckets. As Kbot noted the FF coach went out of his way to say that both teams were equally effected by the rain and I didn't read anything from the FF players that contradicted that.

For what it's worth, I thought the play was quite good considering the conditions in which the game was played.