Weeks 1 thru 3 2012 opponents.....

ColerainInsider

So, we know that week 2 is at Ryle (KY) and week 3 is at Finneytown Eggzavier but who will the showdown game be?

I'm hearing it will once again be a home opener as part of the annual skyline event against a GWOC opponent. Anyone else hearing the same?

Anyone's fine as long as they are worth some harbins. Colerain will need them after a week three loss.

If Colerain loses to X, do you think they'll re-up the "home and home"? Another loss by Colerain to X, and I'd have to imagine Colerain would figure X has their number and just move on?

If Colerain loses to X, do you think they'll re-up the "home and home"? Another loss by Colerain to X, and I'd have to imagine Colerain would figure X has their number and just move on?

Why would they necessarly do another home and home with them when they didn't do it with Elder. I don't believe a loss would have anything to do with it.

They already have a home and home set up with Wayne, and wouldn't be surprised if they keep Ryle or another school that affords them to opportunity to schedule games for every sport. There is also the strong possibility of a re-up because of relationship between the coaches and athletic departments, on top of the fact it is a bargaining chip for both schools to get better Showdown opponents, since they can't be forced to play twice.

Will the GCL-S use the we don't have as much talent excuse when they lose even though every single one, including Lasalle, has had more kids get scholarships to AQ BCS schools, and has had at least triple the number of players in the NFL, with Elder leadin all high schools in the nation?

They already have a home and home set up with Wayne, and wouldn't be surprised if they keep Ryle or another school that affords them to opportunity to schedule games for every sport. There is also the strong possibility of a re-up because of relationship between the coaches and athletic departments, on top of the fact it is a bargaining chip for both schools to get better Showdown opponents, since they can't be forced to play twice.

Will the GCL-S use the we don't have as much talent excuse when they lose even though every single one, including Lasalle, has had more kids get scholarships to AQ BCS schools, and has had at least triple the number of players in the NFL, with Elder leadin all high schools in the nation?

Seems like the talent level is pretty much the same at both schools year in and year out. Colerain kids had almost twice the number of football scholarships this year than X kids did. I do think it is cool that Bolden is assisting Specht with Team USA Football... There is a lot of respect between those two coaches for each other's programs..

I see them starting 1-2. One neutral and two road games to start the year plus a stronger GMC. A playoff berth may be tough in 2012.

2012 Schedule
(Tentative)
Varsity
Sat 8-25 Pickerington@UC'sNippertStadium 5:30
Fri 9-31 @Ryle 7:30
Fri 9-7 @St.Xavier 7:30
Fri 9-14 Princeton (Little Cards Night) 7:30
Fri 9-21 @Sycamore . 7:30
Fri 9-28 @Mason 7:30
Fri 10-5 Middletown (Elementary/Alumni Night) 7:30
Fri 10-12 @Fairfield 7:30
Fri 10-19 Lakota West (Homecoming) 7:30