Week 4: Louisville Leopards (1-2) at North Canton Hoover (2-1) <<100th Game>>

LeopardNation

It's past midnight so that makes it Hoover week!

t's the 100th game! At least officially that is by both team's records which both start in 1924, the only year they played twice.

Varsity
Friday, September 9
North Canton Hoover 34, Louisville 8

JV
Saturday, September 10
North Canton Hoover 21, Louisville 7

Freshman
Thursday, September 8
North Canton Hoover 41, Louisville 14

All-Time Series

Video Highlights Game Archive
Varsity
1964: Louisville Leopards 38, Hoover Vikings 12
1971: Louisville Leopards 35, Hoover Vikings 12
1983: Hoover Vikings 21, Louisville Leopards 14
1984: Hoover Vikings 10, Louisville Leopards 0
1987: Louisville Leopards 10, Hoover Vikings 7
1992: Louisville Leopard 14, Hoover Vikings 7
1993: Louisville Leopards 27, Hoover Vikings 0
1994: Louisville Leopards 7, Hoover Vikings 0
1995: Louisville Leopards 14, Hoover Vikings 11
1999: Hoover Vikings 35, Louisville Leopards 7
2001: Hoover Vikings 28, Louisville Leopards 13
2004: Louisville Leopards 37, Hoover Vikings 21
2007: Louisville Leopards 35, Hoover Vikings 21
2011: Louisville Leopards 50, Hoover Vikings 7
2012: Hoover Vikings 41, Louisville Leopards 14
2013: Louisville Leopards 14, Hoover Vikings 13
2014: Hoover Vikings 17, Louisville Leopards 14
2015: Louisville Leopards 33, Hoover Vikings 20
2016: Hoover Vikings 24, Louisville Leopards 21
2017: Hoover Vikings 41, Louisville Leopards 14
2018: Hoover Vikings 30, Louisville Leopards 14
2019: Louisville Leopards 43, Hoover Vikings 36
2020: Hoover Vikings 45, Louisville Leopards 21
2021: Hoover Vikings 21, Louisville Leopards 0

JV
2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Pictures
2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights
2016 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights
2018 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights
2020 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights and Recap

Freshman
1961 Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights
2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights
2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights
2016 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights
2017 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights
2018 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights
2020 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights and Recap

Last edited:

Unbelievably quiet! 100 years and nobody seems to care other than Leopard Nation, who always sticks by his Leopard's. No matter the record or situation he is there. LN is what we all should be, a true and loyal fan of his community.

5-1 in favor of Hoover the last 6 years. Hope the boys understand the depth of this rivalry, 100th meeting is a pretty big deal.
Scoring points on offense will be essential tonight, looking forward to seeing another strong showing from the defense.

This is still a big game for the over 40 crowd, not sure what the younger folks think about it.
Look…we gave a winnable game away to Poland, and need to steal one back against an opponent that might be better than us. Hoover would be a good game to steal on their home field.
Build on the running game, cuz we finally have one, keep playing stingy run defense, don’t turn the ball over.
Have to find a “downfield” passing game, the screens and lateral passes are fine, but if you can’t go downfield at all, teams will sell out at the los. Pass defense still needs work but showed some improvement as the season has gone on. Play calling was a little better last week for the QB, but I gotta wonder why we still prefer to run the stupid option to the short side of the field?? Essik bailed them out on what should have been a 10 yard loss or another TO last week with a great individual effort. And it seems to me that most times we try to roll our QB to his weak side “left” on passes and he’s way off on those throws. That’s kinda on the play calling and coaches to put him in more of a position to be successful and not make him do things he’s not good at.

Unbelievably quiet! 100 years and nobody seems to care other than Leopard Nation, who always sticks by his Leopard's. No matter the record or situation he is there. LN is what we all should be, a true and loyal fan of his community.
LOL thanks Dig It! I miss running into you at Carrollton games! To be fair though, I think I got a little too excited and posted this thread too early once the clock struck midnight Saturday morning. But I agree very quiet for it being the 100th game.

Officially it is the 100th game at least because both team's histories officially start in 1924. I checked with Hoover and their history aligns with ours. I'm not sure who copied who there lol. Louisville and North Canton played prior to 1924 unofficially. 1922 and 1923 season results for Louisville were incomplete/unfindable so we nixed those years from our history a long time ago (at least 6 or 7 decades) even though 1922 was the first year we had a head coach. There is also history prior to that dating as far back as 1908 and as early as 1917 for Louisville Vs. New Berlin:

Per Chris McDonald's research on the old louisvilleleopards.com that essentially laid the foundation for my site:

1917-Louisville goes 3-6 on the season. Upon returning home from a game against New Berlin (North Canton) in which Louisville lost 37-0, the coaches and players are booed and hissed at by the Louisville residents.

7182AAC5-DCB0-4563-B939-E98BCB571FCA.jpeg

This is the oldest team photo of Louisville that know of. I’d date this to the mid to late teens, while still what we would consider a club team today, prior to the Blue Raiders. It’s still in the original frame, but if I remember I’ll carefully take it out and see if someone wrote any of the names of the players on the back.

1917-Louisville goes 3-6 on the season. Upon returning home from a game against New Berlin (North Canton) in which Louisville lost 37-0, the coaches and players are booed and hissed at by the Louisville residents.

Honestly that isnt a bad idea, I feel like it is worth a shot. At this point it cannot hurt.

I remember when this game used to mean something, we called it Hoover week and practiced late. Both towns took so much pride in it. The years hoover lost and still would win the federal league were the best.

After watching the freshman game and seeing how 90% of our offense plays the snap was everywhere but where the should be was frustrating.

Are we in the Doug Schwall Era 2.0?

Someone just asked and I looked…this game isn’t on radio or streaming tonight from what I see. 🤔 how the mighty have fallen, would have been unheard of back in the day.

Reactions: y2h
That was just awful, anyone seen Todd Pugh lately? He got what he wanted, and we havent heard from him since.

Thank you! Not my best work video wise though, got faked out 2-3 times yesterday when the sun was blinding me lol.

Honestly I just read your game analysis but I have watched quite a few games throughout the past few years through your site.

Hopefully Louisville gets things turned around soon. I'd much rather have Hoover handing Louisville their only loss of the season than this 1-3 start garbage. Although I remember 2003 when Louisville began 0-3 and was crushed by Hoover at home to the tune of 38-7 and the game wasn't really even that close in competitivenes. Louisville though turned it all around and won 6 out of 7 with their only loss to a 10-0 Cody Butzer (spelling ?) Northwest team and went into the playoffs heavy underdogs and won a 1st round game down in Columbus I believe.

Yes, in 2003 they beat top ranked Pickerington Central (#1 in their region).

I looked it up on joeeitel after writing this post I kept thinking it was Columbus Independence who they beat but that was who they lost to the following week. Because I remember a 4-6 Lake team the same week going down to Brookhaven and giving them all they could handle too.

I looked it up on joeeitel after writing this post I kept thinking it was Columbus Independence who they beat but that was who they lost to the following week. Because I remember a 4-6 Lake team the same week going down to Brookhaven and giving them all they could handle too.
That wasn’t a bad Lake team. Lost a bunch of close games.

Honestly I just read your game analysis but I have watched quite a few games throughout the past few years through your site.

Hopefully Louisville gets things turned around soon. I'd much rather have Hoover handing Louisville their only loss of the season than this 1-3 start garbage. Although I remember 2003 when Louisville began 0-3 and was crushed by Hoover at home to the tune of 38-7 and the game wasn't really even that close in competitivenes. Louisville though turned it all around and won 6 out of 7 with their only loss to a 10-0 Cody Butzer (spelling ?) Northwest team and went into the playoffs heavy underdogs and won a 1st round game down in Columbus I believe.

I was a Freshman taking Spanish 1 in 2003 and we were learning how to say basic numbers in Spanish in different ways the Monday after the Hoover game. The teacher asked us to say the score of the football game in Spanish and someone told her we couldn't count that high yet. Whole class laughed. That was a drubbing!

19-0 loss to Northwest that year, if memory serves that game was finished on a Saturday. 10-0 Northwest was in 2001.

Highlights Playoff Win at Pickerington Central Vs. the Buckeyes/Titans AJ Trapasso: