Week 2 : Colerain

Even the student announcers hate these guys...

I had to remind myself multiple times that they're just students and don't deserve to be bashed on or criticized. However if I could provide any constructive criticism, dont repeat "tale of two halves" and "what a play" 10,000 times. When the ball is downed just say "around the 45" instead of stuttering "40, 40, 40, uhhh 42, uhhhh 43 yard line". I probably wouldnt have been frustrated with the game calling if we were winning though! :blush:

I had to remind myself multiple times that they're just students and don't deserve to be bashed on or criticized. However if I could provide any constructive criticism, dont repeat "tale of two halves" and "what a play" 10,000 times. When the ball is downed just say "around the 45" instead of stuttering "40, 40, 40, uhhh 42, uhhhh 43 yard line". I probably wouldnt have been frustrated with the game calling if we were winning though! :blush:

I mean, they grew on me after a while. It's not very good, but I don't think that any of us could do much better in high school.

I might actually listen again to thoroughly document all the awkward catchphrases. It's even worse when they talk about injuries -- I swore I thought that two players had died on the field, and one of them came back in to make a play 4 or 5 downs later.

This loss has to be on the coach right? Just for the single decision of letting that kid kick again after last week. Can't be too hard to find a guy who is at least better than 0-5 or whatever this kicker is. Find a JV soccer player

This loss has to be on the coach right? Just for the single decision of letting that kid kick again after last week. Can't be too hard to find a guy who is at least better than 0-5 or whatever this kicker is. Find a JV soccer player

I was told it wasn't the same kicker.

It's more on him for throwing the ball on 3rd & Goal. The FG was essentially a PAT and I believe he was 2/2 on those. I probably would have gone for the points as well.

I was told it wasn't the same kicker.

I had a couple people tell me it was. I thought it was but wasn't sure. Haven't had anyone say otherwise yet. If it was the same kicker then thats a terrible coaching decision. If it wasn't then i have to wonder how they can't find someone decent.

I had a couple people tell me it was. I thought it was but wasn't sure. Haven't had anyone say otherwise yet. If it was the same kicker then thats a terrible coaching decision. If it wasn't then i have to wonder how they can't find someone decent.

They are wrong. It was a different kicker this week. :shrug:

Embarrassing offense. Embarrassing kicking. St X has had terrible offenses for too many years now.

They should have won the game....against a Nationally ranked team...so...kicking is embarrassing. Doing about as well as can be expected offensively after losing what they lost to injuries.

New kicker is solid, holder gets the blame for missed kick in OT. starting holder got injured on the one fumbled hold earlier in the game. Backup holder was also injured. There was no 3rd holder - kid who held had never held in practice and had never worked with either kicker. The kid missed the tee on the hold - ball was set on the ground right next to the tee and screwed up the kick.

New kicker will be solid, plenty of games to go.

New kicker is solid, holder gets the blame for missed kick in OT. starting holder got injured on the one fumbled hold earlier in the game. Backup holder was also injured. There was no 3rd holder - kid who held had never held in practice and had never worked with either kicker. The kid missed the tee on the hold - ball was set on the ground right next to the tee and screwed up the kick.

New kicker will be solid, plenty of games to go.

That may be so with the holder but listen this kicking game has been putrid for as long as I can remember....just awful. Sooner or later someone is going to start looking at the special teams coach...because someone is evaluating these kickers. F'ing pathetic. Sick of it. Hold an open tryout for crying out loud....we've got 1600 kids

The Bombers now have something to build off of. Should have won the game and really need to get the kicking game in line. Thought the O line did well and was pleased to see the Wolf kid settle in, in the second half. He put us in a great position to win. Hoping Cliff gets healthy but nice to know we have other options.