USA Today rankings 9-16-08

Bosco drops 19, while X goes up 5.

Interesting..

X lost already to a team unranked at the time, so the team that loses to X is on thin ice... I guess I can understand that...

What's amazing to me is that Colerain beat the #18 (then dropped to #25) and jumps to #10!? A little odd but I'm not complaining... I just want to know if they are going to go ahead and reinstate X to a top 10 rank if/when X beats Colerain... (after of course beating a then #4)...

I would personally take X, Colerain, McKeesport, Prattville, and Bosco over most of those teams, and half the top 10...maybe I'm wrong.

X lost already to a team unranked at the time, so the team that loses to X is on thin ice... I guess I can understand that...

What's amazing to me is that Colerain beat the #18 (then dropped to #25) and jumps to #10!? A little odd but I'm not complaining... I just want to know if they are going to go ahead and reinstate X to a top 10 rank if/when X beats Colerain... (after of course beating a then #4)...

I would personally take X, Colerain, McKeesport, Prattville, and Bosco over most of those teams, and half the top 10...maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry Bud BUT X is not beating Colerain this year...

Last edited:
depends if you count years past. O, and I have a very good feeling that I will be leaving week 13 happier than week 1

Colerain got the option going againat Highlands with over 500 yards rushing and another 425 against Princeton. They keep this up its going to be a long night for X in week 13...

Lincoln was a better in those days. They've fallen back to the pack in the last few years.
I realize that Lincoln hasn't won a state title since 2001, but that's at least this decade. They made it to the Class 4A state semifinals as recently as 2006. That's not shabby.

Their series with Valdosta ran from 1998 through 2007. Lincoln also deserves some respect for scheduling Daphne (AL) in 2005 & 2006 as well.

I realize that Lincoln hasn't won a state title since 2001, but that's at least this decade. They made it to the Class 4A state semifinals as recently as 2006. That's not shabby.

Their series with Valdosta ran from 1998 through 2007. Lincoln also deserves some respect for scheduling Daphne (AL) in 2005 & 2006 as well.

Their heyday was 1999-2002.

They were 6-3 in the regular season in 2006 and benefited from playing a 3-7 team in the first round and narrowly escaping against Milton and Pace.

Good team but hasn't been near the top of their class in several years.

I would like to see them both. I think McKeesport will most definitely be in if they win out (they face #3 Gateway in week 10?)

I wonder if Prattville and McKeesport will make it in by the end of the season.

I think if Prattville wins a third title and finishes 14-1 they will be...

If McKeesports goes into the Gateway game 8-1 and beat Gateway then ya I think they will jump into the top 25...