Tate Martell to retire

I Guess QBs don't want to play in the cold and elements.

SEC does have the best footprint for talent so no surprise they get a lot of high end recruits
If cold weather is a deterrent to getting good QBs these kids are going to be shocked if they get to the NFL. The greatest QB of all time grew up in Cali went to college in Michigan and has played his entire career in New England....sounds like the warm weather QBs better study up on the legends of the game.

Read where their are 19 Penn St. players in the transfer portal, also Minster grad. Ethan Wolf is in the portal ( I believe as a grad transfer at Tenn. ) don't know if OSU would be interested or not.

Not the least bit surprised by the result or timing. Trying to bury the decision with March Madness this week. So sleazy.

Last edited:
Miami Hurricanes QB Tate Martell losing luster, outplayed by N’Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams

...Head coach Manny Diaz said that Perry began the day with the first team offense because he nosed ahead after Thursday’s practice. Perry performed well with the exception of a couple of miscues in the red zone.

He overthrew receivers twice in the end zone are concerning. Perry has to work on his accuracy. He and Martell lag behind Williams in their efficiency in completing passes to receivers.

The first team Miami offensive line continues to shuffle around. First-team center Corey Gaynor did not play Saturday because of an injury. Navaughn Donaldson started the game at center with graduate transfer Tommy Kennedy also providing snaps.

Williams continued to be the most impressive and accurate QB on Saturday as he has been throughout the spring. He faced Miami’s first-team defense once and second-team defense twice on Saturday entering the fourth quarter according to Susan Miller Degnan and David Wilson of the Miami Herald.

Miami Hurricanes QB Tate Martell losing luster, outplayed by N’Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams

Bad move on his part after seeing these QB'S the Buckeyes are trying to get ready to play.

Tate's gonna be like 26 by the time he graduates. Also, some pretty bad takes on Burrow at the beginning of this thread...
I never understood the hype around Martell. He’s athletic, but undersized without a great arm. Also, he’s got a horrible attitude.

I never understood the hype around Martell. He’s athletic, but undersized without a great arm. Also, he’s got a horrible attitude.
I too wondered why tOSU recruited this kid or from his end why he decided on going to Columbus.

A buddy tell you that?

Being a college QB has always been tough but today is even worse due to coach turnover. Urban Meyer went from a very run oriented QB system to a very pass oriented QB with the additions of Wilson and Day to his staffs. Most schools have either a new HC, OC, QB coach every other year. Miami was a bad fit for Tate. Not to mention they have changed OC's very regularly. Unlike any other position where you might be able to be used somewhere else is not really the case for most QB's. Martell tried it at Miami because he is athletic but you simply do not become a WR overnight. I wish him luck at UNLV, in the right system he can be successful which is the case for most QB's. It is all about timing.

I think this dude could be an exciting player in the mountain west.

As far as Ohio State goes, the timing seems to have been very poor as he came in at the same time Ryan Day became the offensive coordinator, and went out the door as Day became head coach and Fields transferred in. I don't know if he ever would have been the starter, but if Urban had stayed and stayed true to the philosophy of using the QB heavily as a runner, I think he at least would have had a legitimate role as a change of pace and in goal line situations.

A buddy tell you that?

Being a college QB has always been tough but today is even worse due to coach turnover. Urban Meyer went from a very run oriented QB system to a very pass oriented QB with the additions of Wilson and Day to his staffs. Most schools have either a new HC, OC, QB coach every other year. Miami was a bad fit for Tate. Not to mention they have changed OC's very regularly. Unlike any other position where you might be able to be used somewhere else is not really the case for most QB's. Martell tried it at Miami because he is athletic but you simply do not become a WR overnight. I wish him luck at UNLV, in the right system he can be successful which is the case for most QB's. It is all about timing.
If you watch the season of QB1 he’s featured in, it’s pretty clear he’s a cocky dbag. You could say the same thing about Spencer Rattler, but his on field play is good enough to backup his ego.

If you watch the season of QB1 he’s featured in, it’s pretty clear he’s a cocky dbag. You could say the same thing about Spencer Rattler, but his on field play is good enough to backup his ego.
It would be very easy to believe you are truly the best when you have people putting you on a pedestal when you're 12-13 years old, commit to a major conference school as an 8th grader, and have a flawless record and huge stats at a national powerhouse that results in huge personal recognition and awards.

It's a different beast when you get in a major college QB room where everyone is as good as or better than you and has either NFL QB talent or raw NFL athleticism. Hopefully he's learned something and puts what should be his last chance to good use.

I mean, I get why he’d want to go to OSU to play under Urban, but I truly don’t understand what these schools saw in him.
True.

And yea not sure what exactly stood out to the coaching staff when watching film to be like yea this is our guy.