Taft’s Rayvon Griffith

He gets to play at one of the best schools in the country and against kids with the same ability. UC wanted him to do this plus AZ allows high school athletes to take advantage of NIL. It was a no brainer.
And, it makes it easier for the yellow-toothed gnome in Los Angeles to get his paws on him.

He gets to play at one of the best schools in the country and against kids with the same ability. UC wanted him to do this plus AZ allows high school athletes to take advantage of NIL. It was a no brainer.
I heard UC was not in favor of this move at all

I heard UC was not in favor of this move at all
That is interesting. I am not extremely close to the circumstance, but have a couple of sources who tell me UC strongly encouraged it. Obviously a young man who wants to be close to home based on his college choice, so I think that would be a hint that they wanted him to play against better talent than he would get at the d3 level here in Ohio. I am not the definitive voice on this by any means, but it makes some sense to me.

Why what would UC want him to go to the west coast an they only have a verbal from him..Miller might wanna re-think that he might lose that kid

Why what would UC want him to go to the west coast an they only have a verbal from him..Miller might wanna re-think that he might lose that kid
It's not like they could take away his phone, laptop, tv, and visiting rights if he stayed. He knows there's a big world out there already with options that he's already sifted through. They're advising him to do what's best for him as a player which is what will be best for them as a team.

It's not like they could take away his phone, laptop, tv, and visiting rights if he stayed. He knows there's a big world out there already with options that he's already sifted through. They're advising him to do what's best for him as a player which is what will be best for them as a team.
Yea ok buddy?

So you think it would be better for UC to advise against him going to AZ and making NIL money plus play with the best of the best? If a school I chose put demands on my like that because they didn't have faith i would honor my commitment I would leave them immediately.

Not sure what your 4th ever message on this board means exactly. Do you really think that staying at Taft would make him immune if anybody wanted to talk to him before the signing period? That's just naive man.
What does having 4 messages have to do with anything you idiot.I’m just making the point the further he is away from them the less of a chance they have to keep him he’s goin to a different coast with nothin but power houses relationships can be built an had while UC is here goin off a verbal

So you think it would be better for UC to advise against him going to AZ and making NIL money plus play with the best of the best? If a school I chose put demands on my like that because they didn't have faith i would honor my commitment I would leave them immediately.
It’s not about the NIL money it’s about him building relationships with coaches an schools he did not have previously an it’s a bunch of them on the west coast where he is goin..

It’s not about the NIL money it’s about him building relationships with coaches an schools he did not have previously an it’s a bunch of them on the west coast where he is goin..
This makes no sense.

He verbals to UC but then takes a national tour to meet more people that can open up more opportunity for him?

I'm sure the west coast coaches will try to take a stab at him, but I doubt RG is going out there to purposely make more contacts that may change his mind.

It's about NIL and playing with the best of the best. If UC would have told him to not go to AZ that would have been an incredibly dumb move on their part.

Last edited:
What does having 4 messages have to do with anything you idiot.I’m just making the point the further he is away from them the less of a chance they have to keep him he’s goin to a different coast with nothin but power houses relationships can be built an had while UC is here goin off a verbal
Why am I an idiot? You act like they can keep him under lock and key. He's committed and most schools respect that unless the kid says otherwise. Because it comes back to haunt them if they poach. Trust me, if a west coast school only just learns of him because he moves there, then either their scouting sucks or they aren't a big time school. Plus the sleaze factor.

Try to keep it to opinions and facts, not name calling. Then you'll get more attention paid to those opinions and facts.