SVSM Irish 2024

Great background!
The only problem is I don't see how critical thinking can be used yet, not enough valid factual information and facts historically, like trying to solve an algebraic expression with 15 variables an you only know 2 today??

Not winning an analogy was against Clark.
Well critical thinking can hypothesize the other 15 variables based on the lack of factual information or even better yet institutional historical data. Like will a rookie, say TIm Tebow who performed well at Florida during the Spurrier years perform well in the pros - historically speaking not (a variable). But just because I think he's a great guy and I am a huge Gator fan who wants to see him succeed and love him to death, still the odds are stacked against him because not many Spurrier QBs have succeeded in the pros. Thinking critically allows me to ponder the questions of attributes that will lead to his success or failure. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Well critical thinking can hypothesize the other 15 variables based on the lack of factual information or even better yet institutional historical data. Like will a rookie, say TIm Tebow who performed well at Florida during the Spurrier years perform well in the pros - historically speaking not (a variable). But just because I think he's a great guy and I am a huge Gator fan who wants to see him succeed and love him to death, still the odds are stacked against him because not many Spurrier QBs have succeeded in the pros. Thinking critically allows me to ponder the questions of attributes that will lead to his success or failure. Does that make sense?
Adds to the conversation, yes. But critical thinking minus personal bias are ok, still don't think it will aid in predicting the success or failure of this new coach and program.
No question Dion Sanders' heart is in the right place, even he is learning on the run!

Not that it matters, but Spurrier wasn't the Florida coach when Tebow was there. Urban Meyer was coach of the Gators at that time.

Not that it matters, but Spurrier wasn't the Florida coach when Tebow was there. Urban Meyer was coach of the Gators at that time.
You are right! But I think you see my point. No Florida QB regardless of coach does well in NFL, so critical thinking would lead a potential recruit not to play for Florida if they want to succeed in the NFL 🤣🤣🤣

Steve spurrier 10 yrs nfl
Cant make chicken soup out of chicken droppings
Has more to do with the qb talent a kid has before going to college
Miami claims to be qb U
Probably due to Gary Stevens from neo
Old Latin guy
But this thread is really about what posters feel about the coaching hire and the results that will transpire in the future
Based on who was hire and their resume to date, so there is really not enough hard data to go full critical thinking on in any depth? Imho

Last edited:
Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary 2024 schedule
08/23 H Mansfield Senior
08/30 A Massillon Perry
09/06 A Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit
09/13 A Warren Warren G. Harding
09/20 H Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
09/27 H Elyria Catholic
10/04 A Youngstown Ursuline
10/11 H Canal Winchester Harvest Preparatory
10/18 A Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph
10/25 A Cleveland Benedictine

I believe the locations for the first 2 games are incorrect. We played the Tygers here last year and Perry in Massillon.

I think the sites are reversed for this year.

Ngl I don’t really like the schedule it’s not as competitive as years past but it’s okay I guess our team is very young and coach Grant has his work cut out.

Ngl I don’t really like the schedule it’s not as competitive as years past but it’s okay I guess our team is very young and coach Grant has his work cut out.
I like it for them. They need to stack some wins, build some confidence this year. Then get Hoban back on the schedule.

I like it for them. They need to stack some wins, build some confidence this year. Then get Hoban back on the schedule.
As it should be. The Knights acted like it was a personal attack on them when the rivalry was paused.

Even Stevie Wonder could see the games recently were no longer competitive. The issues that led to that were issues that WE needed to fix. We simply did what was in the best interest of OUR program.

Why is that so effing hard for people to figure out?

As it should be. The Knights acted like it was a personal attack on them when the rivalry was paused.

Even Stevie Wonder could see the games recently were no longer competitive. The issues that led to that were issues that WE needed to fix. We simply did what was in the best interest of OUR program.

Why is that so effing hard for people to figure out?
Cause they think that we were just tired of getting our butt’s beat

Coach Grant is bringing early morning workouts back!!! Now we need more players committed to this but yes I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wattley did this with us and proved to be successful with two deep playoff runs and even did this with Boarman I heard.
IMG_6537.png

hello Stvm fans anyone going to the meeting with the Head coach and the staff on the 26th and does anyone know who's returning, any new staff members, and who is calling plays on the defensive side of the ball?

I believe that Coach Larlham has been working with the Stow program. Not sure if he will be back with svsm and he is just working with his kids in the Stow youth program or if he is looking for a new position with another program, etc.

I believe that Coach Larlham has been working with the Stow program. Not sure if he will be back with svsm and he is just working with his kids in the Stow youth program or if he is looking for a new position with another program, etc.
I have no current connection to the team.

But here is my opinion - nothing more nothing less. I think both parties would be best served by shaking hands like gentlemen and having a clean break from any past coaches.

I am not getting into playing the blame game - we all saw how the season ended last year. When a season ends like that, it is best to allow the new coach coming in to pick his own staff to do what he thinks is best to get the program back on track as quickly as possible.

Bottom line - that is why he was hired in the first place.

Well said and 100% correct on all fronts.

With Dom Davis on staff as the OC and a former HS and college QB the offense will be in good hands going forward. Getting to spend the last 3 or 4 years on Coach Alexander’s staff will benefit Dom and the team going forward

Well said and 100% correct on all fronts.

With Dom Davis on staff as the OC and a former HS and college QB the offense will be in good hands going forward. Getting to spend the last 3 or 4 years on Coach Alexander’s staff will benefit Dom and the team going forward
I was thinking the same thing I know He'll likely run a variation of the Dan Boarman Jr. Offense/ what Walsh was running the last 2 years. I thought that was pretty effective my only desire is I hope he has motion in this offense I feel like the offense was just incapable of evolution since Boarman retired. I'm not saying install a new offense but find ways to evolve the one the kids best respond to. Coach Dallas offense was really stale/Nickol didn't really have an Identity once teams had a feel on him. I hope Dom establishes an Identity for our offense.

I have no current connection to the team.

But here is my opinion - nothing more nothing less. I think both parties would be best served by shaking hands like gentlemen and having a clean break from any past coaches.

I am not getting into playing the blame game - we all saw how the season ended last year. When a season ends like that, it is best to allow the new coach coming in to pick his own staff to do what he thinks is best to get the program back on track as quickly as possible.

Bottom line - that is why he was hired in the first place.
How bout on the defensive side of the ball do you think we keep coach brown and demote Coach Lodge to possibly linebackers coach or let them both walk?