SVSM Irish 2024

News Flash? I was just stating he wasn't the hire. 🤷
Football52. said:
I think hiring Larlham might be a big mistake in my opinion I’m hearing nothing but positive things about the man. But in the words of Janet Jackson what has he done for us lately our offense regressed along with our defense how can he possibly bring us back to relevancy with everything needing to be fixed.

Too many replies all mixed together, but this is what I was referring too

So Doran has called plays just an fyi…

Attachments

• IMG_6279.png
    IMG_6279.png
    385.9 KB · Views: 141
Big name, little experience. He will have to assemble a staff with some veteran guys. I assume he will be able to "recruit" well. Looking forward to watching their progress.

Last edited:
Big name, little experience. He will have to assemble a staff with some veteran guys. I assume he will be able to recruit well. Looking forward to watching their progress.
Bingo!

It is also important the assistants he chooses share a single agenda with him. I am sure potential coordinators were at least discussed in the interview process. The school doesn't need to be second guessing every decision Doran makes, but I am sure they at least still want to have a clue who is going to be on staff

Bingo!

It is also important the assistants he chooses share a single agenda with him. I am sure potential coordinators were at least discussed in the interview process. The school doesn't need to be second guessing every decision Doran makes, but I am sure they at least still want to have a clue who is going to be on staff
I'm sure the staff is pretty much set. He'd have to talk about that during the interview process. Probably former players and guys outside the program. At the end of the day, can he get top notch players going to St. V instead of Walsh and Hoban. Start chipping away at that and the coaching will take care of itself.

Now who is he?
@CoachDavis_STVM on X. He’s also QB coach.

STVM ‘17. Quarterbacked the Irish for 2-3 years of success under Dan Boarman. Went onto play at and graduate from Walsh University. Very high football intelligence, has been at Walsh Jesuit past three years as QB coach. Another good hire as committed to the school and program.

Last edited:
Ohhhh I remember him when I went to stvm he is so personable I think that this is a fantastic hire at offensive coordinator very intelligent he’s been under wattley nickol and cistone so he’s seen everything program wise gameplanning wise

Ohhhh I remember him when I went to stvm he is so personable I think that this is a fantastic hire at offensive coordinator very intelligent he’s been under wattley nickol and cistone so he’s seen everything program wise gameplanning wise
He was on the basketball team also so he was known to Coach Joyce as was Doran Grant.

since we have our head coach And our offensive coordinator where would that leave the current staff?
Some current position coaches currently on staff were there for both Grant and Davis’ time playing. Coaches Brown, Dallas, and Tomei to name a few. I believe they all remained ever since Boarman coached. Very intelligent football minds. If they stay on staff they’d be terrific resources.

The Walsh coach Davis has been working under.

It may be time to break from the old guard to some extent. Many of the Irish faithful have been critical of Dallas for some time.
I mean do you blame them I personally saw his offensive style he was very inept to change he kind of evolved the offense with the help of Dan but everyone eventually caught up to the offense

@CoachDavis_STVM on X. He’s also QB coach.

STVM ‘17. Quarterbacked the Irish for 2-3 years of success under Dan Boarman. Went onto play at and graduate from Walsh University. Very high football intelligence, has been at Walsh Jesuit past three years as QB coach. Another good hire as committed to the school and program.
Actually, Dom graduated in 2016 (my daughter's class) He started his collegiate career at Mount Union and played quite a bit (and quite well!) early on. If I recall correctly, he QB'ed them in one of their title games. He eventually lost out in the numbers game that is the Mount Union football machine, then moved on to be very successful at Walsh University. He is a great young man, and a great addition to Grant's coaching staff. If this is any indication of the level of quality Coach Grant is building around himself, then my high hopes just got a little higher!

Last edited:
It pretty cool the west side have two high school stars in there playing days and two who was good in college

Actually, Dom graduated in 2016 (my daughter's class) He started his collegiate career at Mount Union and played quite a bit (and quite well!) early on. If I recall correctly, he QB'ed them in one of their title games. He eventually lost out in the numbers game that is the Mount Union football machine, then moved on to be very successful at Walsh University. He is a great young man, and a great addition to Grant's coaching staff. If this is any indication of the level of quality Coach Grant is building around himself, then my high hopes just got a little higher!

Thanks for the correction. Appreciate it.

Thanks for the correction. Appreciate it.
No worries! Dom's last game for the Irish was Coach Boarman's last game as well. STVM lost to Hoban in the regional final at Infocision. It was a great game between two great teams. At the end, Hoban had 4th and 1 and the Irish 30 yard line and went for it try to run out the clock. They handed the ball to Sibley and got hit with the loudest tackle I had ever heard in my life. Nunley or McAllister just ran head on into Sibley and stopped him in his tracks. You could hear it in the stands over the yells! This gave the Irish basically one play (which had to go 70 yards). They tried this flea flicker where the ball finally got back to Davis. He ran around a spotted Sampson, who had slipped behind the defense and was close to by himself. Well, Dom spotted him just a half second too late and the Hoban rush got enough of him that he couldn't get a clean release and the ball didn't quite get to Sampson. If you will recall, Sampson was really fast and really strong! He was faster than anyone strong enough to tackle him. And stronger than anyone who had the speed to catch him. This was one year after the punt return against Hubbard, and I sometimes think what would've happened had Dom spotted him just a second earlier. A couple of Hoban DB's might have had an angle on him, but my money would have been on Sampson!. Any way, it was a great game and Hoban went on to win the title that year.