State wrestling tickets

Always amazes me that the Ohio State Wrestling Championships ($75) cost more than my Big Ten Championship ($30) tickets and nearly the same amount as my Ohio State season tickets.
You are saying you got 5 (or however many sessions there will be) sessions for the Big Ten for $30? For OHSAA its $75/5=$15 a session. I don't really think that is expensive.

Last edited:
For the Saturday night and Sunday morning rounds ... the girls will have the two mats closes to the head table end, then it goes Boys D1, Boys D2, and Boys D3 (Boys D3) will have the two mats furthest from the head table end.

The finals on Sunday night, it's the same as Saturday night & Sunday morning, except it's only one mat per division (vs. two).

Friday and Saturday morning will be all mats for each division being utilized.

For the Saturday night and Sunday morning rounds ... the girls will have the two mats closes to the head table end, then it goes Boys D1, Boys D2, and Boys D3 (Boys D3) will have the two mats furthest from the head table end.

The finals on Sunday night, it's the same as Saturday night & Sunday morning, except it's only one mat per division (vs. two).

Friday and Saturday morning will be all mats for each division being utilized.
Also, good to check assigned section when purchasing mat side tickets for the finals. They were off by 1 section last year.

You are saying you got 5 (or however many sessions there will be) sessions for the Big Ten for $30? For OHSAA its $75/5=$15 a session. I don't really think that is expensive.
Yes and as of a few weeks ago there were still some available through Maryland's site. I believe it was $75 for premium seats but weren't any available and obviously OSU's allotment was sold out.

I don't think OHSAA's pricing is outrageous but I've hated how they've done ticketing for years and feel they somewhat take advantage of the situation by forcing you to buy full session passes way before individuals go on sale after Districts. So in order to "guarantee" I have a ticket for the Semis (the only night I can attend), I have to purchase the whole packet.

It $75 is stopping someone from attending the state tourney, well then you probably should work on your budget. 3 days in a college state of the art venue for $25 a day is pretty cheap. Heck I pay more then that to attend a 4th grade vball tourney for a day.

No tickets should be for sale until all districts are done girls included. And then the parents of the children competing should get first dibs then Everyone else. Not everyone is a shoe in and there’s always that magical run. Not everyone is willing or able to buy tickets to something they don’t know if they even need them. And for those kids finally making it senior year and there parents being in nose bleeds doesn’t sound right.

No tickets should be for sale until all districts are done girls included. And then the parents of the children competing should get first dibs then Everyone else. Not everyone is a shoe in and there’s always that magical run. Not everyone is willing or able to buy tickets to something they don’t know if they even need them. And for those kids finally making it senior year and there parents being in nose bleeds doesn’t sound right.
Buy them, if you don’t need them you can sell them and get your money back, you can see the demand on here already. Problem solved. The girls want to run with the big dogs, well they have to play the game.

I would agree there are two sides to the coin here. Yes, the demand on here already proves it would be easy to get your money back should you buy them and then not need them, better to have and not need than need and not have, or find yourself scrambling last minute and you pay way more than you should.

The part I don't understand and haven't for quite some time now with OHSAA and state tournament tickets is this:

The wrestlers that qualify for the state tournament, when their tickets are assigned to them and they pick up their packets at the state tournament, their seats are in the 100 level. WHY?????? They're wrestling in the tournament! Why not assign the wrestlers tickets up in the 300 level where there are plenty of extra seats anyway and then OHSAA can sell those 100 level tickets to fans?

I would agree there are two sides to the coin here. Yes, the demand on here already proves it would be easy to get your money back should you buy them and then not need them, better to have and not need than need and not have, or find yourself scrambling last minute and you pay way more than you should.

The part I don't understand and haven't for quite some time now with OHSAA and state tournament tickets is this:

The wrestlers that qualify for the state tournament, when their tickets are assigned to them and they pick up their packets at the state tournament, their seats are in the 100 level. WHY?????? They're wrestling in the tournament! Why not assign the wrestlers tickets up in the 300 level where there are plenty of extra seats anyway and then OHSAA can sell those 100 level tickets to fans?

If I'm a wrestler and I'm wrestling at the tournament, if i want to sit down and watch when I'm not wrestling or warming up, I think I've earned the right to sit in the 100s.

The wrestlers are the ones that make the event, they shouldn’t have to run between the mats and the 300 level, they are the VIP

Last edited:
As a returning buyer I was able to get 8 together in the 200s… got on right when they went on sale.
I'm new to this, so if I purchase through ticketmaster this year I should get the opportunity to buy next year before public sale? Thank you in advance for the information.

I'm new to this, so if I purchase through ticketmaster this year I should get the opportunity to buy next year before public sale? Thank you in advance for the information.
Not necessarily! I've bought pre-sale tickets the last two years. My sister-in-law got an email to buy early this year, but I did not. 🤦‍♀️