State Cup Predictions

now that oe is out of the picture for u17 things could get a little interesting...
i've heard that team ohio isn't as good as in years past? not sure if thats true or not though

team ohio hasnt gained any respect since losing to metro 5-1 and worthington 3-0 so i wouldnt count those to teams out

saying CUP no question in U-16 is just a ridiculous statement. Team Ohio has been pretty dominant. I think CUP did beat them this year, however, that was a VERY weakened Team Ohio team. They also had a coaching change and are adjusting to the new style. Once they get clicking, they will be hard to stop.

In U-18, without eagles it is a toss up. Obviously, CUP and Team Dayton/Warrior are favorites. Blast, Team Ohio, and maybe Galaxies have a chance.

There are rumors that Crew Academy players, from the former Eagles team, are leaving for Team Ohio, which could make things interesting.

Team ohio in the u-16 age group loses its best player in Aaron Horton to the national team residencey program. Also depending on whether or not nick kellog plays they lose their other forward. Cup has repeatedly proven themselves better than Team Ohio. They have been ranked higher than them on multiple sites and won Disney predator (Team Ohio went 1-1-1 in the same division different group) Predator was also the second of three groups in the disney showcase in the u-16s. it will be a great tournament but i honestly believe it will be CUP this year

Team ohio in the u-16 age group loses its best player in Aaron Horton to the national team residencey program. Also depending on whether or not nick kellog plays they lose their other forward. Cup has repeatedly proven themselves better than Team Ohio. They have been ranked higher than them on multiple sites and won Disney predator (Team Ohio went 1-1-1 in the same division different group) Predator was also the second of three groups in the disney showcase in the u-16s. it will be a great tournament but i honestly believe it will be CUP this year

they didn't last year in state cup

USNatlteam23,
Your logic and claims are AWFUL

#1: Aaron Horton is no longer in residency, and is back with Team Ohio.

#2: Everyone knows those rankings are of no value. Making a claim that a team is better based on that is just wrong and inaccurate.

Team Ohio is the current State Champion, and until CUP convincingly beats them, they are still the best U-16 team in Ohio South.

Your right Cup RED.

Keep saying this to yourself and maybe it'll happen. CUP is a very good team but to be so confident as patriot soccer says is ludicrous. Certainly have as good a chance as TO and Eagles but.... I think Team Ohio is in the Premier Division of MRL. Which division is Cup Red in? I think Eagles Blue are in the premier division of MRL. Which division is cup Red in? I think Metro Rapids FC is in the Premier Division of MRL? Which division is Cup Red in? I believe CUP had a chance to win play-offs to advance to the Premier Division but didn't last June. All of these teams will have the opportunity to advance to Regionals through MRL - Can Cup Red do that? NO!!! Team Ohio played without Aaron Horton, Jeff Addis, Jon Stegner at Disney (national, regional and state ODP players)and also played with 14 guys, four of which were injured and had to take significant time off after Disney, two key defenders among them. Osswald had just gotten back from two back to back injuries as he missed all but a play-off game of his high school season. Team Ohio returns the same team this year and added players to strengthen its bench. They do have to get healthy though. Eagles have added players to their team and were runner's up in a Las Vegas tournament. They are gunning for both CUP and TO. I'm not sure about Metro Rapids as they have lost a player or two. Certainly sense should prevail now that you have more details - right???

state cup for the 16's should be good. in my eyes there are 4 potential teams that could win it. I think TO, CUP, COSA, and Eagles all have a chance. I know Metro is in the top division of MRL but i can't see them winning. I think teams that could create trouble to my top 4 could be obviously Metro, and maybe Kolping?

TO- current state champs, have everyone as last year except Kellogg, still the front runner. Aaron, Jeff, and Taylor should build the best attack in the state.

CUP- current runners up. Not the best technical or tactical team in OH, but definitly the scrappiest team who works the hardest and create mistakes.

COSA- really direct team, solid in back, have a dangerous outside mid, name?

Eagles- solid all around the field, especially at midfield, have a good striker in Stahl, but it seems like they can't get that final ball played in the attacking 3rd.

I can't really say who the best team is, all teams have gone through ups and downs. But like patriot soccer said until someone can beat Team Ohio (CUP tied them, cosa beat them?) when they're at full strength.... they're the team with the target on their back.

PS- regionals should be interesting. With Wolves and SG becoming DA teams i think an OHS team has a chance at winning regionals. FC Pride is the front runner beating Wolves last year, but CUP tied them in Germantown with them not really looking to good (They lost number 7 up top to Carmel). Pretty sweet if an OHS team won regionals.... ;)

u-17 state cup should be interesting this year.

between mtsc magic, worthington, ohio galaxies, blast, fosc blitz, and metro it should be a good tourny this year. all the teams are solid and it could go ne which way

However, Metro has shown they can play with the top team by beating Team Ohio in the Blast Showcase and going 3-0 in the GIT and Ohio Elite showcase. Help me...I don't know Cup's record for this past fall and so far this spring.

I think u-16 and u-17 will go to Cup Red

Right now CUP is play subpar at best. They are a good team but at the moment are not playing well. And right now I see Metro, Team Ohio, MTSC, Blast, Galaxies, and FOSC all ahead of them as well as other teams. I can't see them winning in the U17's. U16's is a different story. That team is deffinately capable of winning state cup but U17's are going to have to step up their game quite a bit in my opinion.