Stadium with the best view

It will be sad to see the old Fair Bowl in Caldwell no longer hosting Caldwell High School games:

But it was fun to see games when the fair was going on. Buy whatever food you wanted from the fair and just walk over the stadium. Admission to the game was covered with the admission to the fair.

Waterloo might not have had a stadium when I saw them (using a flatbed trailer as a pressbox instead):

But, the east/west layout gave for a nice sunset:

Chagrin Falls doesn't need a backdrop if you sit up here under the roof:

Great stadium, though:

Mentor's stadium has a good view:

Conotton Valleyw as one of my favorite places years ago when I was in Steubenville. Then they got lights. And now have turf, as well. But it was always a throwback type atmosphere playing on Saturday afternoons.

Literally the view behind the home stand:

And from there, to Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York:

3/
I believe Conotton Valley was featured in a book about this same subject years ago.I think it was pics from all of the states.It was field n pasture behind.Great shot.

Real simple, when sitting in the stands, what do you see outside the stadium, anything worth noting like the landscapes that have been posted in some photos?
Not really. When you’re inside it’s pretty much all stadium that you see. You can see a strip mall through a small opening in the west end zone. No landscape type stuff. On the visitors side, if you go to the top row and look out you can see a very beautiful cemetery of the civil war area. Hence the stadium nick name of “Death Valley”. Cemetery is recognized as a historical site.

What high school stadium you've been to has the best view from the stands?

For me, it's Kings. The home stands are very tall and steep. If you look beyond the south endzone, you can see all the rollercoasters and towers at Kings Island and you can get a free fireworks show if the game goes past 10:00. Also beyond the visitor stands begins a valley that goes down to the Little Miami River, so the top of the home stands are above the tree line of some decent forestry, and you even have the two towers from the Peters Cartridge complex poking out in the distance.

I'm sure Sykotyk probably knows of a place plopped in the middle of Glacier National Park.
I don't know about Glacier, but Mammoth School in Yellowstone closed in 2008. There were elk on the football field when I saw it.

If looking at this thing nationally I think this is an easy #1:
1705073999032.png

Sidny, OH
Best Stadium around. I will have to travel to Don Paul Stadium in Fremont. That looks very similar to Sidney. I love the step climb.
Like I said before, the higher the better a Stadium's like Sidney. You're on top of everything. If you sit lower the view of the game isn't near as good.

The scenics views are nice but I'm there to watch a football game not nature. I'll go on vacation for the scenic view.

FEmHGUCVkAQqPZi.jpg

Maybe not the best, but one of my personal favorites. Apache Jct High School in Arizona. The spectacular and legendary Superstition Mountains in the background. Those who know about the Superstition Mountains know their beauty and fascinating history. I attended Apache Jct Junior High and Superstition Mountain Elementary for three years in the late 1970's.

Last edited:
sportfximg-123927-2882-1wtrgtq.rmm9.jpg
download.jpeg-1.jpg

My alma mater, McGuffey High School in Claysville, Pennsylvania. Yes, I am a country bumkin. Was actually at the game in the top photo where we played our arch rivals Wash High. Great view of the rolling farm land from the stands. Small school with great facilities thanks to natural gas. When I graduated, we had a cinder track around the field that was 4 5/8 laps per mile. Yes, really....and a lot of the cinders were the size of marbles.

View attachment 52897View attachment 52898
My alma mater, McGuffey High School in Claysville, Pennsylvania. Yes, I am a country bumkin. Was actually at the game in the top photo where we played our arch rivals Wash High. Great view of the rolling farm land from the stands. Small school with great facilities thanks to natural gas. When I graduated, we had a cinder track around the field that was 4 5/8 laps per mile. Yes, really....and a lot of the cinders were the size of marbles.
Did you run laps with Jeremy Hunter?💪🤼‍♂️

Don’t have any pics but the View from The Pit at Elder HS in Price Hill has to be a great view. Looking westward high atop Price Hill with the Sun setting. You can also see some action from some Classrooms out the windows in the upper level of the School. Maybe some of the Elder folks have some pictures.

Always liked watching games at Kettering Fairmont. Almost sitting on the sidelines. Right up in the action.

Lead-Deadwood High School plays their games in Deadwood. It's the most beautiful place I've been able to catch a game. I watched them play Sundance back around 2017. It set up in the mountains between Mount Roosevelt and Mount Mariah right next to the Deadwood Rodeo Grounds and the Day's of '76 Museum. Cool place. I wish I could find the pictures I took their, but cannot. These are just some that I found online. They don't quite do it justice. I have a few other stadiums from around the country in mind, but I'm having trouble finding pictures for them. I'll check back. One place I have in mind is this tiny little town called Nucla, Colorado in South Western Colorado. I wish I had pictures of it and I cannot find any online that show the beautiful mountain views in the background.

1705601081495.png
1705601100448.png

Another one that I was able to catch a game at was Sedona Red Rock High School. The view speaks for itself.
1705601923832.png

Last edited: