St. X vs. Prattville 2

6AFOOTBALL

From what I have heard, the ST. X team has lot alot of depth missing and some injuries that might affect them on the field.

How do the X fans feel about this game now?

By next week I think Massa and James will be playing... Dont know of that will help them win tho but I think they should be playing... May the best team win.

Not taking anything from X, but do you think a QB who isn't 100% will do good against a defense as quick as Prattville?

I assume you mean Matt James. If he is gone, wouldn't that hurt X on the offensive side more than anything, because with him gone, that leaves some big shoes for someone to try to fill.

We shall see.....

In that case, we should do fine, considering that is our strong point, the team speed, ESPECIALLY on defense.

If your D plays the way ours did against X Prattville should come on top... X's offense couldnt do much. We turned the ball over 3 times maybe inside the 25 and two of those were inside the ten and they couldnt do anything. They got two field goals out of it. If this was last year, X would have scored everytime, this isnt the same team as last year, not even close...

I did have X winning this game but not so much now...

If your D plays the way ours did against X Prattville should come on top... X's offense couldnt do much. We turned the ball over 3 times maybe inside the 25 and two of those were inside the ten and they couldnt do anything. They got two field goals out of it. If this was last year, X would have scored everytime, this isnt the same team as last year, not even close...

I did have X winning this game but not so much now...

we shall see, I still say Prattville wins this game, but I will say the score will be something more along the lines of 17-7 or 20-13, sowhere around that ballpark.

Prattville's offense hasn't been battle tested yet at the skill positions. We have a JR QB who looks good, and a SR RB who is amazing, along with a WR
(Quay Moncrief), other than that, we are kind of starting almost from scratch on offense.

Defense however should be just as good as in years past, we don't lose too much and still have the strength and conditioning we have had in years past

I think Prattville should be the favorite with X's injury problems and the fact that X suffered heavy graduation losses on offense from last year. All 3 guys that ran the ball last year for X have graduated and the star special teams player graduated too. I knew X would struggle on offense this year since they basically have no scoring threat back from last year except for the qb.

In most years St. X will be the most fundamental defensive team you will play. It will be interesting to see how St. X adjusts to some of the mistakes from last week. Coach Specht and his staff are very good about getting the best out of a very deep field of talent each year.

Not sure if their best will be good enough against Prattville but they find a way to win some games where you wonder how they did it.

I want to see how well Specht does this year. He was very lucky when he was named X's coach. X had a lot of talent. Great coaches can make average teams good. We'll see how well X does this year with a huge drop off in talent.

X is injury ridden, and their offense is inexperienced and lacking any type of playmaker. If X is going to win, their defense is going to have to be lights-out. It's possible, but odds are it won't happen.

Prattville should win.

X had a banner year with a monster schedule last year

seems the schedule is another monster

losing to colerain 13-8 is no disgrace

long season ahead

good luck bombers

Thanks consumer! X's schedule is even tougher this year with Prattville and Don Bosco on it plus Colerain. I think X's defense should be good as usual but the offense has no scoring threat returning from last year except for the qb who is hurt now.

Massa will be in the lineup tonight says the Cincinnati Enquirer

Luke Massa has never lost as St. Xavier's starting quarterback, and the junior returns to the lineup tonight after a rare Bombers defeat.
St. Xavier will play Prattville (Ala.) in a Kirk Herbstreit game at 8 p.m. at Paul Brown Stadium, and Massa will start after missing the Bombers' 13-8 loss to Colerain last week. It was St. Xavier's first defeat since 2006.

St. Xavier was 15-0 and Division I state champion last season, with Massa going 7-0 after then-senior starter John Hurley suffered a knee injury.

In January, Massa broke his right foot playing basketball and had surgery. Massa tore some scar tissue earlier this month and thus missed the Colerain game.

"Luke was able to practice Monday through Thursday, and he had a solid week of practice," St. Xavier coach Steve Specht said.

Seniors Joe O'Toole and Sam Male played QB last week for St. Xavier, going a combined 12-for-25 passing for 103 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions.

Tom Groeschen

So we shall see