St.V-St.M 2022

Rough start for the Irish. 83 total yards of offense. Ugh.

The sophomore QB looked like...a sophomore QB. He'll improve. I think the speed of the Glenville defense was a hell of a wakeup for a first varsity start.

I'd be curious as to whether the sophomore was clearly the better QB in the preseason or if it was close and the coaches decided to play him planning for the future.

Last edited:
Those stvm guys were gassed especially those big guys we also have to realize that Glenville was in division two a year or two ago that’s a hell of a program that we just lost to but what needs to improve is the offense make it simple for those guys if the big guys are thinking that’s not good. The defense tried to help but they were on the field wayyyyy tooo long

Rough start for the Irish. 83 total yards of offense. Ugh.

The sophomore QB looked like...a sophomore QB. He'll improve. I think the speed of the Glenville defense was a hell of a wakeup for a first varsity start.

I'd be curious as to whether the sophomore was clearly the better QB in the preseason or if it was close and the coaches decided to play him planning for the future.
Things to work on for sure, but that was a brutal opener.

Those stvm guys were gassed especially those big guys we also have to realize that Glenville was in division two a year or two ago that’s a hell of a program that we just lost to but what needs to improve is the offense make it simple for those guys if the big guys are thinking that’s not good. The defense tried to help but they were on the field wayyyyy tooo long
Play ca
Looked very similar to the past couple of years. Simply the offense and make some personnel adjustments on D and things will be okay.

That gap in the schedule for week 2 now looks like a good thing. It will give the kids a chance to get their feet back under them.

Glenville has to be one of the frontrunners in Division 4. It will be interesting to see how they do against Avon in week 3. Somebody told me that Coach Ginn was not happy with his team's performance against the Irish and had the team running gassers post game until the SVSM folks told them they had to shut it down so that they could close down the stadium. Good luck to the Tarblooders the rest of the way.

Whoever is in charge of the STVMFootball.com could help the casual fans by posting the roster and coaching staff.

That gap in the schedule for week 2 now looks like a good thing. It will give the kids a chance to get their feet back under them.

Glenville has to be one of the frontrunners in Division 4. It will be interesting to see how they do against Avon in week 3. Somebody told me that Coach Ginn was not happy with his team's performance against the Irish and had the team running gassers post game until the SVSM folks told them they had to shut it down so that they could close down the stadium. Good luck to the Tarblooders the rest of the way.

Whoever is in charge of the STVMFootball.com could help the casual fans by posting the roster and coaching staff.

Most schools don’t (yet?) have rosters online. Did you check others?

They have had it on there other years. In fact, there's a specific heading on the site. It would really help when watching their no announcer feed.
1661128461645.png

Thanks so much. I will photoshop your thumb out of the pic!
Lol...not my thumb. I was at the game but could not find a program or roster anywhere. I have a media friend who was on the Irish sideline and I had him text me a pic of the roster that StVM provided to him. So that's the digit of a sports writer (I also gave him grief over the thumb).

All of the people that ran that website are no longer on the Irish's coaching staff. I would bet a large sum of money that the coaches currently on staff have no idea how to update a website and would have no idea where to start.

You have to remember, this is a new staff, system, season. I still say it takes 3 years for a program to be in total sync. I think you’ll see the same thing at Stow. It doesn’t matter about prior affiliation, you weren’t in charge back then. GO IRISH !!!

All of the people that ran that website are no longer on the Irish's coaching staff. I would bet a large sum of money that the coaches currently on staff have no idea how to update a website and would have no idea where to start.
That site predated the last coaching staff.

I see Jeff Dallas is on the staff. Is he the OC and if so, does that concern people? I recall a lot of criticism during his last stint.

It’s not the coaches resonsibility to maintain the school’s website. It would be the Athletic Office. There were rosters available at the game. Several years ago during Dan Boarman’s tenure his son set up the separate site that was top tier and ahead of most others. He has since married, has a child and is no longer associated with the football team.

Many schools do not post their rosters openly online anymore due to security and privacy concerns. Sign of the times. If you are really bothered about this call the Athletic Office. I’m sure the new AD (been on the job for 3 weeks) would be thrilled to hear from you about this. 👍

It’s not the coaches resonsibility to maintain the school’s website. It would be the Athletic Office. There were rosters available at the game. Several years ago during Dan Boarman’s tenure his son set up the separate site that was top tier and ahead of most others. He has since married, has a child and is no longer associated with the football team.

Many schools do not post their rosters openly online anymore due to security and privacy concerns. Sign of the times. If you are really bothered about this call the Athletic Office. I’m sure the new AD (been on the job for 3 weeks) would be thrilled to hear from you about this. 👍
So, it is the coach’s responsibility, then? Also, have you heard of MaxPreps?

Regardless of the roster kerfuffle, Green St must be stinging right now with no game this week to get the bad taste from the Glenville game out of their mouth. I’m sure the offense wants to forget about that performance.

Coach Cistone inherited a mess, and it may take a few years to right the ship. It shouldn’t at a private school, but with the tear Hoban has been on, and the rise of Walsh, this may be an uphill climb.

Not bothered in the least. I was just hoping for convenience sake for what we'd been provided before.

The new AD has much more to worry about than updating a website. People at Green St. are likely very unhappy about the week 1 performance. As xhscoach said it will take a few years, clarkgriswold is also correct and saying it is all about the convenience.

It’s not just him it’s Dan as well they need to reevaluate this scheme
Tough to tell one week in with a sophomore QB against what appeared to be a stronger and faster team. That game looked like it was as much about the "Jimmies and Joes" as it was about the scheme. I think the upcoming Barberton and Buchtel games may be more telling.

Spot on Clark.

You never clinch a playoff spot with a week one victory, nor do you disqualify yourself with a week one loss. Have to remember we are talking about 15-18 year olds. Hardly finished products.

The sky is not falling - week 3 will be better.

Well you are right about that Barberton kinda lost in the same fashion and buchtel lost 35-21
Too predictable on offense. Glenville knew what play was coming (like the past 3 years). Defense is a big question mark. Will definitely know where we stand the next couple of weeks.