St. Edward, Mentor predictions

28-14 Eagles.

During the Strongsville and WGH games, it appeared that the St. Edward coaches and players are getting more and more confident in the O. This confidence and the continuous strength of the D is likely such that the Eagles are now almost able to control the flow of a game for the first time this year - control that is needed for the Eagles to overcome upcoming top notch opponents for an entire game, thereby becoming a championship team similar to the championship St. Ignatius and Moeller teams of the recent past.

After getting the WGH monkey off their backs and getting better and more diverse on O since the return of Mike Greer, the QB switch and the part time play of Ryan Marando at TE, the Eagles will likely surprise the pollsters and pundits this weekend yet again. (If there would be one "new" thing I would like to see from the Eagle O this coming Saturday, it would be Alex Boone catching a TD pass on a tackle eligible play this weekend ala Jonathon Ogden last night. Having a tandem of 6'-6'' and a 6'-8" pass receivers in the red zone would be "icing on the cake" for an O that has made great strides over the past 13 weeks.)

Also, having shut down argubly the two best multidimensional, high powered O's in the state 2 out of the past 3 weekends, I doubt that the Mentor O will be able to provide the Eagle D with a combination of higher level of O talent and sophication than either the Benedictine offense or the WGH offense.

I predict a brutal game. It will be hard hitting and intense but the eagles will end up on top 23-21. I cant wait for this weekend!!

if anyone could get me a ticket for the game ill double the price

pm or email me
im up in michigan and wont be able to get back till friday