Shot Clock Discussion

One minute they've been playing like this for years..... The next, it's only when they aren't very good....

Zero teams win championships playing that style (I thought you told me style of play wasn't the issue? :ROFLMAO: ).... now it's zero teams play a whole season using that style......

One thing remains the same with you throughout the years.... It's always comical to watch you step on rakes when you are chasing your tail.....

(here comes a "refs think they know everything rant)

Last edited:
The Moeller teams nor the LaSalle team didn’t play that way the year they won state. Not even close. The fact that you would make the comparison between how those teams played and how a typical LaSalle team plays when they have less talent says a lot.

When the GCL coaches, in their minds, think their teams are “less”, they ugly it up. The GCL, outside of Moeller, in the last decade, hasn’t been very good, except for this past year. Moeller has significantly played less stall ball since they’ve been dominant.

When Elder and LaSalle have average teams, which they’ve had expect for a couple years ago for LaSalle and this past year for Elder, their coaches over coach with the long, game shortening possessions and run continual sets forever and ever and ever. LaSalle especially - all of these coaches think they can outsmart the game - in the reality, they would likely have a similar record if they just let their kids play basketball.

This “we can’t compete, we have to ugly it up to win” mantra, especially in the GCL where there are PLENTY of students and athletes, is garbage. Develop some skill from the 800-1200 kids you have to choose from, and go dominate. Stop playing the “little engine that could” persona in schools that have the advantage in pretty much everything sports related, especially in Cincinnati.
You sound so dumb. Yeah, coaches who do their job, do what they have to do to win. 2005 and 2007 both Xavier v Moeller games at the state were in the 40s. 2017 Moeller v Jackson in the 30s. Stop talking out your ast.

The evolution of ugliness in Cincinnati high school basketball is mostly on the coaches and refs.

It’s certainly not the kids’ fault collectively. Kids train and play the game more than ever before. They’re bigger, faster and more athletic than ever before. The skills aren’t necessarily worse, but they’re different from previous generations. Just a focus on different skills. It’s not the kids.

Let them play.

Last edited:
Yesterday it was "those coaches have too much control and play this boring style"

Today it's "none of those teams consistently played that way"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zoomies Spinning GIF by Impact Dog Crates

The evolution of ugliness in Cincinnati high school basketball is mostly on the coaches and refs.

It’s certainly not the kids’ fault collectively. Kids train and play the game more than ever before. They’re bigger, faster and more athletic than ever before. The skills aren’t necessarily worse, but they’re different from previous generations. Just a focus on different skills. It’s not the kids.

Let them play.
Oh, I get it. Your right except for those teams. You’re the only guy I hear saying high school basketball is ugly. Physical play makes it more appealing.

You’re the only guy I hear saying high school basketball is ugly.
LOL

Talk about no awareness of surroundings. Just stop man, this statement shows your true colors.

There’s 6,458 threads about the need for a shot clock for this very issue and you say it’s made up. Unfathomable for you to type that response.

LOL

Talk about no awareness of surroundings. Just stop man, this statement shows your true colors.

There’s 6,458 threads about the need for a shot clock for this very issue and you say it’s made up. Unfathomable for you to type that response.
Someone supporting a shot clock doesn’t mean they think the game is ugly moron.

Someone supporting a shot clock doesn’t mean they think the game is ugly moron.
The fact that you said I’m the only one who thinks the high school game is ugly is just plain stupidity. There are thread and threads and threads about this topic over the years.

It’s been a consistent theme for years. The fact that you would double down on such an idiotic statement is telling.

Im good with taking crap for some of my views and have zero issues with people who disagree with a point of view - but it’s impossible to have a reasonable debate with people who do what you just did. There’s not point in even engaging people like that.

but it’s impossible to have a reasonable debate with people who do what you just did. There’s not point in even engaging people like that.
It's impossible to have a reasonable debate with someone who is dishonest. You have about 10 years of dishonesty on this site spread over a number of screen names.

You'll keep on with your schtick whether it be under this user name or the next time you appear as a "long time lurker, first time poster". (one of your classics)

It's impossible to have a reasonable debate with someone who is dishonest. You have about 10 years of dishonesty on this site spread over a number of screen names.

You'll keep on with your schtick whether it be under this user name or the next time you appear as a "long time lurker, first time poster". (one of your classics)
Then people should stop banning my user names for telling the truth. Simple fix.

Then people should stop banning my user names for telling the truth. Simple fix.
This is highly ironic coming from the same poster who has spewed nonsense about "refs and coaches think they know everything and can't be questioned" all over Yappi.

It's laughable, but not surprising, you don't see your own hypocrisy.