Region 20 Championship: Germantown Valley View (12-1) versus Waynesville (11-2)

Who wins?

• Valley View by 1-8

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Valley View by 9-16

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Valley View by 17+

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Waynesville by 1-8

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Waynesville by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waynesville by 17+

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

WHS1991

The dream season continues for Waynesville. This was an outstanding game in week 10. I am hoping this is played at Centerville or Welcome. Both teams had tough outs with Valley View holding off Purcell-Marian 31-22 while Waynesville outlasted Brookville 45-42 in double overtime. Thoughts?

I think it’ll be at Welcome, Centerville, or Roush (Fairmont) definitely looking forward to it. If VV can’t protect the ball Waynesville may win again.. but being a VV alumnus I’ll say 35-31 VV

I think it’ll be at Welcome, Centerville, or Roush (Fairmont) definitely looking forward to it. If VV can’t protect the ball Waynesville may win again.. but being a VV alumnus I’ll say 35-31 VV
It will be tough for WV to win again. A career passing day from Amburghy was the key. I don’t foresee that happening again.

Springboro will be a nice venue and right in between these two schools. One thing I've noticed on a state level, I'm not sure many understand how good Waynesville is, or that they actually beat Valley View in their meeting in Week 10. Waynesville has continued to play impressive football throughout the playoffs as well. Their offense is dynamic and clearly difficult to stop. For Valley View, they had some turnovers in their win against Purcell Marian. It goes without saying that those need cleaned up. If VV will get revenge over Waynesville, they'll have to play mistake free, fundamental football. Defensively, VV needs to make Waynesville drive the football. They can't allow the explosive plays like they did in the Week 10 meeting. VV needs to pressure the QB as well. If they can do those 3 things, I think they can win. If not, then it'll be another shootout that favors Waynesville. My prediction is:

Valley View 35
Waynesville 28

Seriously though I think this is a one score game. Regardless of the outcome, I am so proud of the Waynesville football players and what they have accomplished this season by winning three playoff games, which is something that has never happened. Looking forward to a clean game, and if Valley View wins I will support them in the state semifinals. Go Spartans!

Similar situation for Valley View this year as last. Facing an opponent that beat them earlier in the year.
My money is on Valley View.

VV 21
Waynesville 13

i wonder who the winner will get in the state semifinals? likely hinges on the Coldwater result.

if Coldwater wins R18:
Valley View vs Coldwater @ Sidney
Harvest Prep vs Perry @ Dover

if Liberty Center wins R18:
Valley View vs Harvest Prep @ London
Liberty Center vs Perry @ Sandusky

by the way, picking Valley View by score due to experience having success in postseason.

i wonder who the winner will get in the state semifinals? likely hinges on the Coldwater result.

if Coldwater wins R18:

by the way, picking Valley View by score due to experience having success in postseason.
That's how I view it as well. If Coldwater wins, it at least opens the discussion. Harvest Prep/Wheelersburg winner vs. VV/Waynesville winner, unless Coldwater wins. Then that could change the scenario.

That's how I view it as well. If Coldwater wins, it at least opens the discussion. Harvest Prep/Wheelersburg winner vs. VV/Waynesville winner, unless Coldwater wins. Then that could change the scenario.
i think Harvest Prep is a lock to beat Wheelersburg IMO, which is why i’d say it hinges on the Coldwater result.

Seems like VV QB struggled some last week throwing three INTs. Good film for Waynesville to see what types of coverage PM was running. Believe it will come down to what defense can make a stop in the end to win the game. Are the two players that were out last week for VV back? Will the rain play a factor in these two offense? Should be a great game!

Similar situation for Valley View this year as last. Facing an opponent that beat them earlier in the year.
My money is on Valley View.

VV 21
Waynesville 13
While I agree on the one score game. I see both teams scoring more points. Though not in the 40s like last time.

VV 35
WV 28

Big Waynesville Fan!

Hoping for a Waynesville Victory!

Waynesville 41
Valley View 38

if Coldwater wins R18:

I think of all the teams remaining, valley view would want to play Harvest Prep in the semis. They scare me less than Coldwater/LC

There is another thread with the semifinal pairings. Region 18 plays region 20, so LC-Coldwater will play VV-WV winner.