question about a move legal or not

bendem

Wrestler A shoots a single and brings leg to his waist. Wrestler B reaches behind A grasps his own ankle and scissors his free leg against Wrestler A's back near leg and and far ankle taking wrestler A to the mat and on his back. Wrestler B covers and keeps him on his back.

Is this a 5 point move (given adequate time) or an illegal attack on the back of the legs.
If it is illegal how can any trip be legal?

Thanks

It sounds more like you're asking about a call that was made by an official, than a "move".

What you're describing doesn't sound illegal but, I could imagine getting into a "potentially dangerous" position, where no points are awarded to anyone.

If this is about the Princeton Lakota West match at Coaches Classic, it was clearly a 5 pt move and nothing was illegal. The West kid had control of the Princeton kid and almost had him pinned.

I know it sounds like a call of a match but not, one of my coaches told me a move that I did and got points for he felt was illegal.
Ref did not call it illegal and

illegal

in that position wrestler A's legs cannot be cut out by a scissor kick. however if wrestler B uses his farside hand to come behind and block the near leg of A then just allows his weight to drop down behind wrestler A, it is a legal leg block. Many refs have never even seen this move and would not know the difference or to even call an illegal one.

73. (7-1-5n) This is a legal leg block. The
arm is used to block the leg prior to going to
the mat. The opponent’s leg cannot be “cut
out” by a kick.

img125664d0ffc6869137.jpg