Pop, Soda, Or Coke? What do you refer to it as?

Just wondering, when I lived in Ohio, I remember a lot of people saying “Pop” if they wanted a soft drink? They’d say “Hey, can you hand me a pop please?” Now I’m in Colorado, everyone just says “Soda” here instead of “pop”? I heard down in the southern states they just call everything a “Coke” there or something? They’ll say like “What kind of Coke do you want today?”

What’s your take on this? Would you refer to a soft drink as a Pop, A soda? Or a Coke?

I have no preference regarding Coke or Pepsi.

So rather than saying "I'll have a Coke" and get answered with "Is Pepsi OK?", or saying "I'll have a Pepsi" and being answered with "Is Coke OK?", I just order "A Cola, whichever you have".

*Still waiting for "Hey dummy, we have both."

I have no preference regarding Coke or Pepsi.

So rather than saying "I'll have a Coke" and get answered with "Is Pepsi OK?", or saying "I'll have a Pepsi" and being answered with "Is Coke OK?", I just order "A Cola, whichever you have".

*Still waiting for "Hey dummy, we have both."
The "we have both" does not happen very often and when it does the pop is being served by the can. Will take a small mom and pop business to have that happen.

Not quite on the topic, but I tried the Coke with Coffee at $5.99 for a 4-pack. I really liked it, but I won't pay $1.50 for a 12 oz. can of pop (or soda) again. I made my own for about 40 cents a serving and was happy with the result.

Not quite on the topic, but I tried the Coke with Coffee at $5.99 for a 4-pack. I really liked it, but I won't pay $1.50 for a 12 oz. can of pop (or soda) again. I made my own for about 40 cents a serving and was happy with the result.
When we got down to the bottom of the cooler I tried the Pabst Blue Ribbon Hard Coffee.

It's pretty good. I've tried the Original (Vanilla) and the Salted Caramel.

$9.99 a 4-pack of 11 oz. cans at Meijer.

When young we took a trip to Taunton Mass. My dad's birth place and home to my great aunt and my dad's aunt. She was quite old in her eighties best guess,. She being the nice old lady ask me if I would like a tonic. I whisper to my mom that I was not sick and my mom said no she asking if you would like some pop. By the way we made that road trip in a 1950 Ford. I believe the trip took place in1954.