Poland vs South Range

but I don't see how Canfield lost a Mansfield Mansfield was not a bad team but I totally expect a Canfield to beat them the quarterback in the receiver is pretty good but outside of that they're pretty average
Canfield lost to Mansfield by 3 points pretty much. The last TD was with a few seconds left on an onside kick that went straight to their fastest/best player (the WR).
Mansfield got one TD on a play that Mansfield radio announcers admited was offensive pass interference. And they got one TD on a pass that was tipped and nearly intercepted that just happened to get tipped right towards their WR and he made an incredible catch. Meanwhile Canfield called a bunch of stupid plays on offense for most of the game, and I think they had a TD or long play come back due to a penalty on a questionable call.
Not to mention Canfield had some of their best players (who play both ways) who did play due to injuries.
You wanted to know how, well that is how Canfield lost to Mansfield... Had it not been for all the above mentioned things happening, if any one of them doesn't happen, Canfield probably wins narrowly.

The thing you shouldn't forget is Mansfield is D-III, and Massillon is D-II. Massillon is one of the top 2 or 3 teams in D-II this year. Mansfield is one of the top 10 teams in D-III this year, and Canfield is probably a fringe top 10 team as well (Drew has Canfield at #11 right now and Cal Preps has them at #8). And the only team in D-III that can beat Massillon this year is Central Catholic, that is the disparity between the talent at D-II vs D-III.

No worries. The thread was already hijacked with the mere mention on Canfield in any way.
Had at @330Football not made a ridiculous statement then I would not have said anything. But the trouble is most of the time when Canfield is mentioned people can't resist to not bring up how Canfield didn't schedule Fitch or South Range, or to make a statement that isn't entirely accurate or to exercise poor judgment.
That said South Range has consistently been one of the top D-V teams in the state for some time now and deserves a lot of credit for what they have accomplished, and it is not my place to make remarks akin to the remarks that are made on a seemingly daily basis about Canfield. All I am getting at is to say SR easily handles Canfield this year is ridiculous, the poster in question was basically assuming every mistake Canfield made against Poland would happen in every game they play which is absolutely ridiculous. The odds that Canfield has that many bad snaps in another game this season is slim to none.

Had at @330Football not made a ridiculous statement then I would not have said anything. But the trouble is most of the time when Canfield is mentioned people can't resist to not bring up how Canfield didn't schedule Fitch or South Range, or to make a statement that isn't entirely accurate or to exercise poor judgment.
That said South Range has consistently been one of the top D-V teams in the state for some time now and deserves a lot of credit for what they have accomplished, and it is not my place to make remarks akin to the remarks that are made on a seemingly daily basis about Canfield. All I am getting at is to say SR easily handles Canfield this year is ridiculous, the poster in question was basically assuming every mistake Canfield made against Poland would happen in every game they play which is absolutely ridiculous. The odds that Canfield has that many bad snaps in another game this season is slim to none.
We will never know because you ducked SR 😂 I guess you calling that kid an idiot really got him snapping better huh ? Lol you’re a weirdo

The odds that Canfield has that many bad snaps in another game this season is slim to none.
And you know this how? You sound like spread stating that struthers is the best team ever and everyone else has no shot. It’s a football game and anything can happen on any given Friday. Take your L to Poland and your persistent ducking to Range and move on already.

I tend to think Poland will win this one. I don't think they are as explosive as Struthers, but I can definitely see a number of long, methodical drives. And I think they're probably better/more sound on defense than Struthers. I expect another close one, but lower scoring than last week.

I think 1-1 against Struthers/Poland would be "pretty" good. Not great, but I still very much think the NE8 winner has one loss and its probably a shared title.

And you know this how?
From a statistical perspective there can be attributed to any occurrence a certain odds that something will happen. For instance if the QB has 100 pass attempts, has completed 75 passes and has thrown 5 inteceptions and the other 20 were incomplete then one can deduce that every time he throws a pass there is a 75% chance it is completed to the receiver, a 20% chance it is incomplete, and a 5% chance of an interception. The odds he throws an interception in consecutive pass attempts can then be determined to be approximately 0.25%.
In the specific case of Canfield snapping the ball over the head of the QB or P over a dozen times, I don't have exact numbers readily available in from of me so this is just a rough estimate...
Let's say Canfield averages 50 plays on offense per game, of which in the other 4 games they maybe had 1 snap over the QB or P. So Canfield averages a bad snap 1 in 50 times approximately, so every time the ball is snapped there is a 2% chance the snap goes over his head. The odds that there is a bad snap 12 times in one game is ≈4.096×10-²¹%. So in other words the odss are very slim, but it could happen.
The perfect example is Bartolo Colon of the Mets, Indians et al... he eventually hit a home run in 2016 at 43 years of age for the Mets after making his debut with the Indians in 1997, he had never hit a home run before and despite astronomical odds it happened, and you are correct that Canfield could snap the ball over the head of the QB 12 times every game, but the odds of that happening are even less than the 4.096×10-²¹% chance it happens in another game this season.

From a statistical perspective there can be attributed to any occurrence a certain odds that something will happen. For instance if the QB has 100 pass attempts, has completed 75 passes and has thrown 5 inteceptions and the other 20 were incomplete then one can deduce that every time he throws a pass there is a 75% chance it is completed to the receiver, a 20% chance it is incomplete, and a 5% chance of an interception. The odds he throws an interception in consecutive pass attempts can then be determined to be approximately 0.25%.
In the specific case of Canfield snapping the ball over the head of the QB or P over a dozen times, I don't have exact numbers readily available in from of me so this is just a rough estimate...
Let's say Canfield averages 50 plays on offense per game, of which in the other 4 games they maybe had 1 snap over the QB or P. So Canfield averages a bad snap 1 in 50 times approximately, so every time the ball is snapped there is a 2% chance the snap goes over his head. The odds that there is a bad snap 12 times in one game is ≈4.096×10-²¹%. So in other words the odss are very slim, but it could happen.
The perfect example is Bartolo Colon of the Mets, Indians et al... he eventually hit a home run in 2016 at 43 years of age for the Mets after making his debut with the Indians in 1997, he had never hit a home run before and despite astronomical odds it happened, and you are correct that Canfield could snap the ball over the head of the QB 12 times every game, but the odds of that happening are even less than the 4.096×10-²¹% chance it happens in another game this season.
Is this an NE8 thread?

Simkon, I’ve tried for a long time to be tolerant, but it’s tiring. Canfield gave the game to Poland. It hurts from a tape perspective because SR doesn’t see what they should on tape. I know you support the Raiders, down RT46 but the cardinals aren’t that good this year. SR aren’t what they were last year.
This game comes down to turnovers, limiting big plays, and converting in the red zone. I think the SR line gets that done.

Easily the best offensive half of football SR has played all year. Their first drive was outstanding. Passing is hit or Miss but they’ve finally had a couple big hits.

Poland is having a hard time running. They are having success passing.

SR threw INT at end of half. Poland had it at 10 and couldn’t score (3 power runs and a trick play).

21-7 at half. Poland gets ball.

Not a very clean 2nd half, but SR wins 21-7 and it was fully deserved. Poland abandoned the run game in 2H and SR could run pretty well.

Even with a couple picks, very nice game for Tristan Toy. Really happy for him (and his father). He had to come up big and he did.

And Ewart is really good and Dominguez is a very good #2.

Just a great win.

Raiders played a good game, esp. the defense made plays when needed. The offense made some mistakes that the coaches will want clean up. One procedure penalty forced a field goal try as opposed to sustaining the drive on 4th and 1 at the Bulldog 18, and holding penalties cost them 40 - 50 yds of rushing offense. Next week will be interesting.

Yeah, that procedure penalty was tough. They were going to score. The holding penalties were tough, too.

They did look modestly competent against the pass when Poland stopped running. Girard is a whole different ballgame, but that was encouraging.

The Girard game will hinge on line play, Girard's O line vs South Range's D line. If the Indians go 5 wide, pressure in their QB's face will be important & he can't have time to go thru progressions. He can move but he's not the threat that Struther's and Poland's signal callers present. It seems that coaches Rach and Mancuso are pretty aggresive and bring pressure frequently with a linebacker or safety. If the Raiders can keep everything in front of them and force long fields, they could limit the damage that Girard's offense can do. And, unless they've changed, Girard isn't known for stopping the run...or pass. Make sure the score board is working...

The Girard game will hinge on line play, Girard's O line vs South Range's D line. If the Indians go 5 wide, pressure in their QB's face will be important & he can't have time to go thru progressions. He can move but he's not the threat that Struther's and Poland's signal callers present. It seems that coaches Rach and Mancuso are pretty aggresive and bring pressure frequently with a linebacker or safety. If the Raiders can keep everything in front of them and force long fields, they could limit the damage that Girard's offense can do. And, unless they've changed, Girard isn't known for stopping the run...or pass. Make sure the score board is working...
Yeah, I predict a very high scoring game going either way