pied's ten rules for the HD fan

pied

Title is meant for the HS fan, not HD.

I have participated in these National Boards for awhile. Certain themes appear on every one. It doesn't matter whether it's fans from TX/OH/CA/FL the home team fan has it's own set of rules. I have been compiling them for awhile and ready to publish.

Let me know what you think.

1. The home team rules. They have more talent, or work harder, or have better coaching, or have better chemistry than you any team have seen. The only way to have a correct point, is to agree that the home team has whatever aspect of this point the home fans think they do.

2. Suggesting there is a weakness with a team, means you do not know what you are talking about.

3. If the team is talented, they have the most talent of anyone in the country. Trying to say that there are teams elsewhere with similar talent will get you blasted.

4. Likewise, many teams do not like to acknowledge they are talented, see DLS/SLC. Suggesting the teams success might be related to the level of talent that is currently in the college ranks or in the pros will dismissed. (Special note, there is no mixing of #4 and #5. If you are a talented team, you cannot work hard, have heart etc. If you have heart, good coaching etc. you cannot be talented.)

5. The home team fanbase is the best and travels everywhere. The community is really behind its team. If the home team does not fill the stands every week however, that is because there is obviously more to do there in the home team area, and you have nothing better to do.

6. The home team school does not recruit, but it is a known fact that other schools do. Primarily schools in other states, but usually the rival school can be fit in there as well. If you are a public school fan, you can blanket all privates. If you are a private school fan, apply the first part of this rule.

7. If your team does lose, it was having a down year, had an injury and was not representative of past or future teams. Likewise the opponent, was the tops of their state/region/hometown and more than likely cheated anyway and got away with several breaks(bad calls by homer refs). By the time the home team gets rolling, or if they would have played last year the home team would win 8/10 times.

8. TV is everywhere, and the home town fan has seen your team. They are slow and un-athletic or not coached as well as the home team. In fact there are several teams near the home team that would wipe the floor with either team that was on TV.

9. Rankings are not accurate, and the home fan does not care about them. The home team fan will note, however that to pollsters are dumb to have ranked anyone above the home team. They are clearly #1, but again the home team fan cares about winning a championship. Polls are for losers.

10. Pretty much the only way you can be respectful is to state that the home team rules and will win, with the most talent or hardest work, with the best fans, and local players.

Last edited:

In related news:

What about the 87-yard touchdown run your team allowed, when the RB zigzagged for 20 minutes and broke 45 tackles (10 guys missed four tackles each and that supposed All-State LB missed five) just because he was bored?

It's meaningless. It never would have happened if they hadn't made that terrible call ruling our pass on the play before an interception.

I ahve participated in these National Boards for awhile. Certain themes appear on every one. It doesn't matter whether it's fans from TX/OH/CA/FL the home team fan has it's own set of rules. I have been compiling them for awhile and ready to publish.

1. The home team rules. They have more talent, or work harder, or have better coaching, or have better chemistry than you any team have seen. The only way to have a correct point, is to agree that the home team has whatever aspect of this point the home fans think they do.

2. Suggesting there is a weakness with a team, means you do not know what you are talking about.

3. If the team is talented, they have the most talent of anyone in the country. Trying to say that there are teams elsewhere with similar talent will get you blasted.

4. Likewise, many teams do not like to acknowledge they are talented, see DLS/SLC. Suggesting the teams success might be related to the level of talent that is currently in the college ranks or in the pros will dismissed. (Special note, there is no mixing of #4 and #5. If you are a talented team, you cannot work hard, have heart etc. If you have heart, good coaching etc. you cannot be talented.)

5. The home team fanbase is the best and travels everywhere. The community is really behind its team. If the home team does not fill the stands every week however, that is because there is obviously more to do there in the home team area, and you have nothing better to do.

6. The home team school does not recruit, but it is a known fact that other schools do. Primarily schools in other states, but usually the rival school can be fit in there as well. If you are a public school fan, you can blanket all privates. If you are a private school fan, apply the first part of this rule.

7. If your team does lose, it was having a down year, had an injury and was not representative of past or future teams. Likewise the opponent, was the tops of their state/region/hometown and more than likely cheated anyway and got away with several breaks(bad calls by homer refs). By the time the home team gets rolling, or if they would have played last year the home team would win 8/10 times.

8. TV is everywhere, and the home town fan has seen your team. They are slow and un-athletic or not coached as well as the home team. In fact there are several teams near the home team that would wipe the floor with either team that was on TV.

9. Rankings are not accurate, and the home fan does not care about them. The home team fan will note, however that to pollsters are dumb to have ranked anyone above the home team. They are clearly #1, but again the home team fan cares about winning a championship. Polls are for losers.

10. Pretty much the only way you can be respectful is to state that the home team rules and will win, with the most talent or hardest work, with the best fans, and local players.
I think most these rules apply to Texans and some Ohio people.

I'm guessing I'm the HD fan to whom pied refers. I hope I'm not being accused of violating these rules; I pretty much call 'em like I see 'em.

Title is meant for the HS fan, not HD.

I have participated in these National Boards for awhile. Certain themes appear on every one. It doesn't matter whether it's fans from TX/OH/CA/FL the home team fan has it's own set of rules. I have been compiling them for awhile and ready to publish.

Thats great stuff....LOL
You might add another one....the people who think that stats win ballgames...plenty of those folks around too.

Thats great stuff....LOL
You might add another one....the people who think that stats win ballgames...plenty of those folks around too.

I personally like the ones who use "adjusted" stats. For example, the defense only allowed 47 yards rushing - if you take away the three longest runs by the other teams stud athlete (those three runs accounting for a total of 162 yards).

And if you don't count the four turnovers that my team committed in the red zone, the game would have turned out differently.

:rolleyes:

That's agreat one. Kind of related to this one:

the QB/RB/Defense stats would have been even better, but they never played in the second half/fourth quarter/whatever.