Paddling student

I enjoy wrestling

I'm for paddling but not the emotional display. Raising of the voice and the sense of anger aren’t appropriate. Imo I remember getting swats and no emotional was involved. It was a duty the principal or teacher was performing. Middle school I remember the Gym teacher and principal did the act. High School there were about 3. You also had a choice, suspension or swats.

Its probably worth a try once all other avenues have been batted around and nothing hits home with the child.

I used to be a big proponent of corporal punishment. Not so much anymore. There are other methods that are as effective in most situations. Judging from the size of child here, and mom requesting her child get it, seems appropriate.

Who requested the look into it?

I'm also with you the emotional part generally overrides what is beneficial from the physical. It can get too close to punishing out of anger,which is never a good idea.

I’m in favor of spanking, but only a parent should be allowed to do it.

Its probably worth a try once all other avenues have been batted around and nothing hits home with the child.

I used to be a big proponent of corporal punishment. Not so much anymore. There are other methods that are as effective in most situations. Judging from the size of child here, and mom requesting her child get it, seems appropriate.

Who requested the look into it?

I'm also with you the emotional part generally overrides what is beneficial from the physical. It can get too close to punishing out of anger,which is never a good idea.
Actually, if one isn't angry when one is doling out punishment, one might have a much bigger issue.

I'm for paddling but not the emotional display. Raising of the voice and the sense of anger aren’t appropriate. Imo I remember getting swats and no emotional was involved. It was a duty the principal or teacher was performing. Middle school I remember the Gym teacher and principal did the act. High School there were about 3. You also had a choice, suspension or swats.

Then I went home and got the belt. :ROFLMAO:

Actually this video should be shown across the country to all school kids. The "threat" of a paddle would go a long LONG way into getting some discipline back into schools. Kids KNOW schools can't do anything.

Oddly enough, in this story the Mom actually requested the school paddle her kid. Our whole country is upside down on in so many areas. We can really see how things have got the way they have in the country.

Our school paddled during the junior high days. Thinking back on it I don't think that it did all that much to change behavior......seemed that it was always the same 3 or 4 boys who were getting cracked, and (lol) bragging about it.

In high school paddling was replaced by 'in school suspension", usually a day or two isolated in "the box" (an interior room without windows) with no one but your school books. Not a lot to brag about there..........................just a dipsheeeit with plenty of time to reflect while you miss your buddies and GF. I think that approach worked better.

We received the ping pong paddle in elementary and the paddle with holes in it in middle school/high school. Saw a kid get a squirt gun put in his back pocket and cracked with a paddle.