One thing I find a little funny

pied

is that this game is in many ways like the Lamar-Rutherford game almost ten years ago.

Lamar was #3 in Texas(#2 in their district)and had one of their most talented teams ever. Certainly considered Texas' best.

Rutherford was coming off a loss in the Finals and was a top ranked 5A team. I think they were #1 in that classification(the same on Lakeland is in by the way), but not 100% certain.

Lamar went to Florida, imagine that, and broke a tied game with a FG at the end of the game. Lamar had five fumbles I think, and the Rams fumbled on a break away run which led to Lamar's last score.

Lamar stumbled in the regular season and lost in the first round of the playoffs to a very good, but unknown Copperas Cove team. Rutherford lsot in the second round I believe,

Now history is remembered entirely different depending on where you are from.

Texas revisionist history is that Lamar was an OK team that gout bounced early in the playoffs and that Rutherford was the #1 tema in the sate and defending champion.

Florida revisionist history is that Rutherford was average and lost to the Texas champion becasue of one fumble.

I am begninning to see similarities here.