Ohio State women have a good showing at NCAA

ENA2

The Buckeye women finished 15th and Addie Engle was 10th individually. Beat Wisconsin and other Big10 schools. Hopefully the trend continues.

They sure did. Their depth is amazing. The usual suspects were close to projections…. I think OSU were a bit of a surprise on the woman’s side.

They sure did. Their depth is amazing. The usual suspects were close to projections…. I think OSU were a bit of a surprise on the woman’s side.
NC State recruits Ohio very well. Two from Ohio in the top 7. It was interesting that watching the race, the commentators seemed to really be talking Alabama and Oklahoma State and almost seemed surprised when NC State won. It's interesting the recruiting. NC State has 4 states they really concentrate on from the years I've been following. NC of course, Ohio, NY and PA. (On the Women's side) Coaching staff and support staff have been together for many years. Very Stable.

Ohio State has gone through a lot of Distance / Cross Country Coaches in the past decade and a half. Very unstable.

Toledo making it is nice to see as well as Ohio State's finish. Toledo's coach has been there 4 years now. Seems like she is going distance dominant.

Ohio State has gone through a lot of Distance / Cross Country Coaches in the past decade and a half. Very unstable.
I believe coach Vergotte (who is now the head for XC and the distance coach for track) is in her 10th season at Ohio State. Have they had any other distance coach than her and coach Robinson in the last ten seasons?

I believe coach Vergotte (who is now the head for XC and the distance coach for track) is in her 10th season at Ohio State. Have they had any other distance coach than her and coach Robinson in the last ten seasons?

She left briefly during that time period. Moved to Pittsburgh and came back to coach again.

Brice Allen

Robert Gary left in 2013?
I forgot that Brice Allen was coaching there until 2016 or 17. I know that coach Robinson was hired to replace Robert Gary, recruited the (HS) class of 2013 but then left before really coaching, and then came back. The women in XC (and track distance) were coached by Vergotte. One of my athletes was running then. Another one was running for them from 2018 to last year. I think the women's program at least is in a pretty good place.

Over the weekend I was talking to a couple of friends who coach in Wisconsin. They both coach both track and XC, and always laugh at the overall view of Ohio coaches about the track and XC programs in the Big Ten. Ohio coaches on the average complain bitterly about OSU XC/TF program and incompetent coaching because they haven't been strong in XC. The coaches in Wisconsin apparently have the same complaints about Wisconsin with regard to TF. Karen Dennis was pretty clearly the most successful track and field coach in the Big Ten over her run as head coach. In any event, my friends were opining that the OSU women are going to be really tough in TF if they continue on the current path with distance success.

I agree on the OSU women... if nothing else, based on three in the top seven at the Big10 Championship.

Looking ahead, I'm hopeful for the men going forward with Coach Vergote. Also, I am told that OSU is now allocating some scholarship $ toward the men's distance group.

I agree on the OSU women... if nothing else, based on three in the top seven at the Big10 Championship.

Looking ahead, I'm hopeful for the men going forward with Coach Vergote. Also, I am told that OSU is now allocating some scholarship $ toward the men's distance group.
I am hopeful as well, particularly with two of mine headed there next year.