Ohio State Recruiting

Like I said before. 4/5 guys on the line are not his players. He won’t have the same talent on the lines in the next seasons that he does now.
We'll see what happens. I'd also keep in mind there's a very real chance IMO that he's the head coach at Indiana sooner than later.

Until then, I'm optimistic he'll develop and coach up whoever he's throwing out there. Simmons absolutely stunk early in the year, and over the last six games has given up just 4 pressures. He hasn't given up a sack this year, and after being one of if not the most penalized OT in the nation last year has cleaned up in that regard as well. I believe he's gone at least three consecutive games without a penalty. Simmons is probably the most improved player on the team (as far as guys seeing real playing time) from the start of the season to now.

We'll see what happens. I'd also keep in mind there's a very real chance IMO that he's the head coach at Indiana sooner than later.

Until then, I'm optimistic he'll develop and coach up whoever he's throwing out there. Simmons absolutely stunk early in the year, and over the last six games has given up just 4 pressures. He hasn't given up a sack this year, and after being one of if not the most penalized OT in the nation last year has cleaned up in that regard as well. I believe he's gone at least three consecutive games without a penalty. Simmons is probably the most improved player on the team (as far as guys seeing real playing time) from the start of the season to now.
He’s improved so much I’m almost worried he’ll go pro this year. The fact it’s a VERY deep draft at the OT position should help keep him in Columbus for an additional year.

Good, he isn’t OSU caliber for a coach all things considered. Need to get a guy who’s an elite coach AND recruiter.

Frye has turned out to be a good coach but that is only half of the job.

I actually like the VanSickle pick up. His athletic testing numbers and size indicate he should be ranked higher. Per the rankings he’s only a slight upgrade over Nave but the film shows a significant difference between the two in favor of VS.

Now go close the deal on Seaton.

Have seen a few former players at least hint at this, but saw this morning Cie Grant explicitly said it.

Part of this probably has to do with demographic trends in-state, but whether it's in the trenches or wherever on defense they need to be bringing in more blue collar, edgy lunch pail types like the dudes you'd formerly get from Youngstown and Warren or the twitchy athletes from the Dayton and Cincinnati public leagues.

As of right now, Ohio State 10 of the top 150 players nationally in the 2024 class - ## 1, 7, 25, 26, 38, 57, 71, 105, 119 and 144.

No one else in the current Big Ten is close,

Michigan has 4 of the top 150 players nationally - ## 55, 111m 145 and 147

Penn State has 5 of the top 150 players nationally - ## 29, 81, 99, 116 and 120

Transfer portal season.

One early portal entry guy I'd keep an eye on is Indiana OT Carter Smith. Started every game this year as a redshirt freshman at left tackle and played high school ball at Olentangy Liberty. Three years of remaining eligibility.

May already be a done deal IMO. Have seen a few places point out that if you Google search the kid it appears to have a cached/drafted tweet under his Twitter handle for his account with a prewritten announcement for an Ohio State commitment.

The 2021 class had like six of the top 12-13 players nationally (counting Ewers) and a dozen guys in the top-100. Pretty much only have beating Utah in a Rose Bowl and beating Penn State and Notre Dame on their resume.

0-3 against Michigan. 0 CFP wins.
That one player Ewers is pretty good, if he had stayed at OSU maybe Bucks win last Sat. maybe not. In today's play now world it is hard to keep QB talent on the bench.

How’d Miami ever pull off flipping Scott? Total mystery.

1701306710747.png