Ohio State Football 2023

According to Bill Greene, Henderson is coming back, doubt it myself but welcomed news if he is.

Edit: This from a poster on Rivals so take it for what it is worth.
No way should Henderson come back, RBs are very devalued in the NFL at this time and so maybe he goes from a 4-5th rounder to 3-4th rounder if he has a good 2024 at tOSU. Right now he is the 8th RB on the PFF board, #1 is Jonathan Brooks projecting out at the back end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd round. FYI, if all goes to projections there will be 10 WRs picked before the 1st RB.

No way should Henderson come back, RBs are very devalued in the NFL at this time and so maybe he goes from a 4-5th rounder to 3-4th rounder if he has a good 2024 at tOSU. Right now he is the 8th RB on the PFF board, #1 is Jonathan Brooks projecting out at the back end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd round. FYI, if all goes to projections there will be 10 WRs picked before the 1st RB.
He needs to stay healthy and learn how to lower his body. I'm sure he'll get over 1 million in Nil money. He would need insurance but I would guess this would be his NFL start money.

The first pick of the fourth round receives an estimated payment of $814,377 as part of a four-year, $4.11 million deal, per Over the Cap. The range of salaries for fourth-round picks, including signing bonuses, is $733,600 to $814,377.

The top choice in the fifth round receives a four-year, $3.64 million deal with a salary of about $698,619 per year. Payscales for the fifth round vary from $669,444 to $698,619. The wages for players chosen in the sixth round range from $642,353 to $662,972. Last but not least, seventh-round selections earn a paycheck between $628,873 and $638,424.

Wish him the best for whatever he choses.

I disagree Henderson to me is a better NFL back than college back because of his pass catching abilities. If he could play for a team in the NFL that has a decent QB he would be great out of the backfield catching the football. If Henderson stayed at OSU and proved he could stay healthy for a year I think he could go 2nd rd. in the draft in 25, very few running backs in college with his pass catching ability and explosiveness.

So weird to see these players transfer more than once. You would think Trayanum would have stayed. He was not an OSU caliber RB, he was a backup at Arizona State so it makes it weird for the OSU staff to stick him at RB.

So weird to see these players transfer more than once. You would think Trayanum would have stayed. He was not an OSU caliber RB, he was a backup at Arizona State so it makes it weird for the OSU staff to stick him at RB.
I can't imagine less than 400 yards is attracting a NIL deal either. If it is, I dont even know. At that point, I would suit up if this covid this week didn't make me feel like I Rona marathon when I go up the stairs...

In this era a guy leaving is an opportunity to replace them with a better player or with a player that has a higher ceiling.

To be determined if that's what Ohio State manages to do.
Completely agree, it is pretty much recruiting every year for many of these top programs who land the best talent. Then when things go not quite as the athlete envisions they transfer out and its next guy in ( used to be up lol) with a huge payout.

Completely agree, it is pretty much recruiting every year for many of these top programs who land the best talent. Then when things go not quite as the athlete envisions they transfer out and its next guy in ( used to be up lol) with a huge payout.
so is there a tampering charge now.... so if tOSU would reach out to a bgsu/Toledo player that is having a great season .. and tells them they would be interested in NOW having the player on their tea... is that WRONG NOW?

He has Henderson at #3? That is a lot different then PFF who uses more core analytical type numbers: https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2024

Kiper has him at #5>
1. Jonathon Brooks, Texas
2. Trey Benson, Florida State
3. Audric Estime, Notre Dame
4. Blake Corum, Michigan
5. TreVeyon Henderson, Ohio State
6. Bucky Irving, Oregon
7. MarShawn Lloyd, USC
8. Donovan Edwards, Michigan
9. Dillon Johnson, Washington
10. Braelon Allen, Wisconsin

As for pass catching RBs you really don't see that much in the NFL anymore, the current rage is to line up a WR next to the QB and let him be the pass catching option out of the back field or even let him run the ball on some sort of stretch play. After running the ball the 2nd most important tool needed now is ability to block blitzing defenders or chip edges, not sure Henderson has that skill down. Now if the tush push is banned RBs will get a new life as the short yardage option, in that case bigger RBs might be the new rage.

so is there a tampering charge now.... so if tOSU would reach out to a bgsu/Toledo player that is having a great season .. and tells them they would be interested in NOW having the player on their tea... is that WRONG NOW?
As Jeff Capel, Pitt basketball coach said, "We are in a period of absolute chaos, no rules, no restrictions. We should stop calling it NIL and start calling it Pay for Play".

Theoretically, there is a tampering charge, but realistically a soft statement by a individual closely tied to a program such as " if you entered the portal, there would be some great offers tendered to you" would be difficult to determine was tampering vs simply a statement praising the athlete.
I figured NIL could get pretty messy with top schools bidding for top talent, but I never envisioned the transfer portal allowing so many athletes to go from weaker programs to the stronger ones almost like a farm system in baseball. Once things settle out, if no strict regulations are implemented, it will be the same 10-12 programs always bidding for talent and destroying the free market. The same 10-12 programs will supply a large percentage of players to the NFL draft compared to pre NIL.

In this era a guy leaving is an opportunity to replace them with a better player or with a player that has a higher ceiling.

To be determined if that's what Ohio State manages to do.
Is anyone that upset with McCord transferring out? As the transfer portal as a whole, who is leaving that anyone considers a devastating blow to the program? You are spot on(y)

Is anyone that upset with McCord transferring out? As the transfer portal as a whole, who is leaving that anyone considers a devastating blow to the program? You are spot on(y)
it is amazing how the experts view McCord some not so much others quite highly Joel Klatt has him as one of the top 3 QB's in the portal. Personally thought he was good again the line was sub optimal, but Day apparently believes he either has someone on the team who he likes better or has someone targeted in the portal.

I think Trayanum is a real loss. He's the one back on the team that runs hard between the tackles. He excels on special teams and plays fullback when called upon. He had a very good freshman year at RB at ASU and came back to play LB only to move back to RB when they were short at RB due to injuries. I'm curious to see where he lands and at what position.

I think Trayanum is a real loss. He's the one back on the team that runs hard between the tackles. He excels on special teams and plays fullback when called upon. He had a very good freshman year at RB at ASU and came back to play LB only to move back to RB when they were short at RB due to injuries. I'm curious to see where he lands and at what position.
This one is a head scratcher.

it is amazing how the experts view McCord some not so much others quite highly Joel Klatt has him as one of the top 3 QB's in the portal. Personally thought he was good again the line was sub optimal, but Day apparently believes he either has someone on the team who he likes better or has someone targeted in the portal.
He is Day's QB. He recruited him and he named him as his starter. Apparently he isn't what Day wants running his system. If Day doesn't believe him, what difference does it make what the rest of us think of him? I wish him success wherever he goes. Quite obviously, with Day as the head coach, that isn't at OSU. A 12 game audition told Day all he needed to know. I question Day's aversion to running the QB and I think it puts any OSU QB at a disadvantage. But I am not the coach and nobody going to pay me $9.5 million a year for what I think.🤷‍♂️

thought the same thing, i don't think any of the incoming Freshman is the style of RB , that he is

I am more curious to see what we have in Hayden. They intentionally red-shirted him. I hope there was a reason for it. I was more disappointed in Evan Pryor leaving. We never got to see him at his best. But if it is true Henderson is coming bace, it would make sense for Pryor and Trayanum to transfer out.