Dec 9 Irvine Strikers 1 - 3
FEB 9 CASL 0 - 5
FEB 10 GREENSBORO SOCCER CLUB 0 - 1
FEB 17 NEW YORK RED BULLS 0 - 2
FEB 18 REAL SO CAL 1 - 4

Goals Scored for OE: 2
Goals Scored Against OE: 27
Record: 0-7

The Nike Friendlies in florida OE had 4 or 5 U15's playing up in that tourney. Not giving excuses they lost big but the last games they have played (2-0) (1-0) (3-1) been close and they are playing top competition in the nation.

You also have to realize the Development Academy age groups are like ODP so OE's U17 team are all playing up. Anyone with a 92 birth date on the U16 team are playing up and they are playing some teams that have all 91s on their team.

Careful now...

Like I said last time they played they tied and Cup isn't playing near the competition

First off, the Development Academy is a wonderful idea and it's great that OE has a chance to participate. But, to suggest that only the best teams are in this league is really, really inaccurate. If the DA had taken the Premier teams from each Regional League as their foundation, then I think you'd have a valid point that only the best teams were competing in this league. But that's simply not the case and there are teams in there that defy logic.

Case in point... OE U16s. Try to find quality wins in the past several years and I think you'll be hard pressed.

The CUP U16s have wins against:

FC Greater Boston Bolts -- guess what, they are in the DA. Probably not the same team as CUP played in Disney but quite possible it is made up of mostly the same kids.
Albertson Academy -- guess what, they are in the DA. I am guessing that there this team is made up of all 91s so not the same but still, worth noting
St. Louis SC -- CUP's beaten them twice (and, lost to them once) in the past year. They lost to Scott Gallagher (yes, DA team) in the MO State Cup finals and have demonstrated themselves to be a very good team
FC Pride (CUP tied 1-1) -- I'm not sure but I think they may be the only team that beat the MI Wolves last year (Wolves lost to them in MRL and Wolves didn't lose in Regionals or nationals)

OE U16s, at best, were/are the 5th or 6th best team in OH-South (Team OH, CUP, COSA, Eagles, and possibly Kolping/CESA)..

Good luck the rest of the way -- it has to get better.. as it stands now, with another 20 games, OE is tracking to give up 100 goals and score less than 10 on the season..

kyrbaco, there is not one kid on OE u16 that would start for CUP. you guys suck, i'm sorry, but it's really true. maybe you will win a game this year!

well i wouldn't go that far but the fact of the matter is OE is a second tier club. They have a good couple of teams but overall they aren't the best club in cincinnati and really not even in the top three clubs in southern ohio. And to say that kids from OE are getting seen from college coaches alot more seems a little far fetched. If your kid is on a good team whether it is CUP or OE or Team Ohio they will get to good tournaments where there are alot of coaches. And honestly not competing in the state and regional tournaments seem to hurt from my perspective. I know that at regionals there are tons of college coaches.

Development Academy Teams the Best - HA

I agree with FUTBOOL, it is ludicrous to say the Development Academy teams are the best teams. They have some top notch teams but they also have some low level teams. Team Ohio U16 Boys, state cup champions, applied to the Academy last year and didn't get accepted. I heard due to politics associated with Columbus Crew trying to get best players in Central Ohio to come to them- that backfired so they had to team up with PSA in Cleveland. If you look at TO's record they have never lost to Ohio Elite, Internationals got in and they weren't even in Ohio North's state cup finals - TO also beat them handily. These DA folks are "drinking the koolaid". The Crew has travelled out of state every weekend for the last 3 weekends - to greensboro, to Dallas and to Richmond. Crew is paying the bills this year but wait til parents have to start footing the bills - like OE parents are doing. Also I hear they can play no more that 2 games per weekend. How would you like your child to be gone every weekend from March to July- they are kids after all.

While the DA does not have all the best teams in the Country in it name a league that does. This is its first year and I would argue to say that it has drawn some of the best teams in the country into something that I think will be wonderful for the game of soccer. I think so far it has been a tremendous success. In my opinion Ohio Elites days in the DA are numbered. I just don't think they will be able to compete with these larger clubs because they don't draw from a large enough area. The DA certainly doesn't have them all but its got most of them.

Needs

I knew a needy family, no father, mother had 3 more children under the age of 6, son was 16. Was given very little help from two different clubs. I think the mother was working two jobs, still could not afford the travel and boy was not able to be at some tourneys because of high club fees. I think you must have a buck or two and don't know a dam thing about what you speak. How much more sacrafice should this mother have done?? Her children all come first, she is one of the best mothers I know, offered next to nothing so don't kid yourself. Just because a parent is a little to poor for OE or any other club does not mean they are spending their money on "beer", you just don't understand.:shrug: :wallbang: :( Do you have first hand expierence with the middleclass? Do they serve you your beer at the country club?

whats your point here? you are singing to the choir. I am not saying that there are not parents sacrificing, I know plenty that are. I am merely saying that fees are a non event. If someone wants thier child to play on one of the clubs that charge more they can. There are scholarships that if you need it these clubs can get you the money. What I am saying is that it can be done , if you really want your child on on one of these clubs. But sacrifice will happen for many in order to do this. Again , where are a parents priority. Many are in the right place, but then again many use the excuse of I CANT AFFORD IT. Give me a break.

kyrbaco, there is not one kid on OE u16 that would start for CUP. you guys suck, i'm sorry, but it's really true. maybe you will win a game this year!

Okay, I'm not going to stoop to your level. OE doesn't suck. You know there are some talented players on OE. . . . . and what college showcase tourneys are the Cup U16s getting into this spring?

First off, the Development Academy is a wonderful idea and it's great that OE has a chance to participate. But, to suggest that only the best teams are in this league is really, really inaccurate. If the DA had taken the Premier teams from each Regional League as their foundation, then I think you'd have a valid point that only the best teams were competing in this league. But that's simply not the case and there are teams in there that defy logic.

Case in point... OE U16s. Try to find quality wins in the past several years and I think you'll be hard pressed.

FC Greater Boston Bolts -- guess what, they are in the DA. Probably not the same team as CUP played in Disney but quite possible it is made up of mostly the same kids.
Albertson Academy -- guess what, they are in the DA. I am guessing that there this team is made up of all 91s so not the same but still, worth noting
St. Louis SC -- CUP's beaten them twice (and, lost to them once) in the past year. They lost to Scott Gallagher (yes, DA team) in the MO State Cup finals and have demonstrated themselves to be a very good team
FC Pride (CUP tied 1-1) -- I'm not sure but I think they may be the only team that beat the MI Wolves last year (Wolves lost to them in MRL and Wolves didn't lose in Regionals or nationals)

OE U16s, at best, were/are the 5th or 6th best team in OH-South (Team OH, CUP, COSA, Eagles, and possibly Kolping/CESA)..

Good luck the rest of the way -- it has to get better.. as it stands now, with another 20 games, OE is tracking to give up 100 goals and score less than 10 on the season..

These are not the same teams that play in the DA because they can't be. They aren't allowed to play in these tourneys if they are in the DA.

DA teams can play in events like Disney..

These are not the same teams that play in the DA because they can't be. They aren't allowed to play in these tourneys if they are in the DA.

Taken directly from the DA site. And, while I am not sure that the rosters were the same as for Academy games, I believe they are..

Can Academy Teams participate in non-Academy Competitions?
Yes. Academy Teams are only permitted to participate in Academy Competitions (Conference Matches, Showcases and Finals) and elite non-Academy events held during the following windows:

• Winter Windows: Nike Friendlies & Christmas/New Year’s Week, Raleigh Shootout
• Spring Window: Easter Week (In 2008 - March 19 to March 26)
• Summer Window: End of Season (July) to September 1

So, perhaps it's a little harsh to say that the OE U16s suck. After another two losses this past weekend (3-0 and 3-1) against two teams with a combined record of 7-20-4 (W-L-T), I think you can conclude that they don't belong in the DA.

Taken directly from the DA site. And, while I am not sure that the rosters were the same as for Academy games, I believe they are..

Can Academy Teams participate in non-Academy Competitions?
Yes. Academy Teams are only permitted to participate in Academy Competitions (Conference Matches, Showcases and Finals) and elite non-Academy events held during the following windows:

• Winter Windows: Nike Friendlies & Christmas/New Year’s Week, Raleigh Shootout
• Spring Window: Easter Week (In 2008 - March 19 to March 26)
• Summer Window: End of Season (July) to September 1

So, perhaps it's a little harsh to say that the OE U16s suck. After another two losses this past weekend (3-0 and 3-1) against two teams with a combined record of 7-20-4 (W-L-T), I think you can conclude that they don't belong in the DA.

Your right I did forget that they can play the week between Christmas and New years. I'm not saying OE is the best team in Ohio South but they did get in the DA. . . . . and Cup and OE did tie the last time they played.

My opinion is if someone didn't pay for Cup U16 boys to play on that team, half those boys would be on OE where the training is better. Again, just my opinion.

not everything is determined by score... considering (Im assuming you were playing or watching because only someone biased would think CUP and OE are on the same level) that CUP dominated that game and didn't have their starting line-up in during their 1 goal.

CUP could get into college showcases if they wanted to considering they were state cup finalists and disney (predator i know, who cares still good) champs, they choose not to because people don't want to be out of town a lot and they're (why not WE) are focusing on state cup and MRL. makes sense doesn't it?

why did "if someone didn't pay for Cup U16 boys to play on that team, half those boys would be on OE where the training is better" come up? we were honestly talking about how OE 16's are not very good. Someone seems bitter that they're team is not the best in Cincinnati even with their DA title and where their training is better. The money is coming from Valco Cincinnati, and is being paid for because some players on the team are very good players, but wouldn't be wealthy enough to pay for it. So please don't hate because of that. No one on our team wants to play for OE, sorry.

Irony..

Your right I did forget that they can play the week between Christmas and New years. I'm not saying OE is the best team in Ohio South but they did get in the DA. . . . . and Cup and OE did tie the last time they played.

My opinion is if someone didn't pay for Cup U16 boys to play on that team, half those boys would be on OE where the training is better. Again, just my opinion.

The irony of the whole DA acceptance is I have to believe that Robbie had perhaps everything to do with OE getting accepted -- the U17s are good and at least competitive but there is very, very little on the U16s resume to suggest they should have been accepted -- and, he is gone...

And, this whole you get better training at OE.. You should look at the background and licenses of the CUP coaches -- both clubs have quality coaches and on the boys side, you are flat out wrong.

Thank goodness you have a quality girls program since after the current U17s (boys) leave, OE could resemble the Classics...

Wow! Who should have to deal with?

Let's take a step back. As you read through the thread, you will see why OE made the move they made by forcing Stahl out and hiring a new Boys DOC. I have "inside information" as well and the main reason was that the boys program was not keeping pace with their sisters on the girls side. It was his inability to develop a program that ultimately ended his tenure. No one is saying he doesn't develop players - he does - but he just couldn't get it done for the program as a whole. OESA's mission IS to develop the player first, the team second and the club third - Stahl just didn't get 2 & 3! I have it on very good authority that the U17 were about to disband if Stahl came back as their coach. The change to Lesiak as their coach happened several months before he was forced out. His disconnect with the families and the players did not foster an environment for growth. After five years, it was time for a change! I wish my son were still around so he could be a part of what is coming down the road for the boys program.

And to those of you so misinformed - this move had nothing to do with money. This move is actually costing the club a substantial amount of money to fulfill Stahl's contract. If it was about money, why wouldn't they have waited until his contract just expired and they weren't on the hook to pay him anything? I'm sure the OE haters would like for this to be about money but nothing could be further from the truth!

The Developmental Academy is an outstanding opportunity for all the boys in southwest Ohio. Forget the fees, travel, etc., the fact remains this program has not only been developed by US Soccer, it has its support and resources and will be a great opportunity for those with that level of ability and commitment. After the performance of our Women's National Team, look for this to happen on the girls side as well...any guess which club will get the DA in the area?

Just briefly about the fees; OESA is within hundreds of dollars annually of any other top club in the area. Anyone who thinks OE's fees are outrageous haven't been lucky enough to be a part of the club.

With the fall 08 opening of their facility (a facility worth about $1million-mind you), the DA and their new DOC, give OESA a few years and you'll likely see their boys program elevate itself to the level of their outstanding girls program. They have some very good younger teams that will serve as a great building block to the future. I agree with most of you, the OE boys program is not a top program today, but I sense it won't be this way for long! Like I said earlier, I just wish my kid was going to be around to enjoy its future successes.

I very much agree with the winner4 lifes' statements. OE, although not the top boys program in the city currently, has room for much potential. The DA is without any doubt the best league for soccer in the US. The problems the U16 OE team is facing is that they haven't picked players from a large enough pool. While most teams in the DA are a selection of the best players in each respective area(for example Columbus Crew Academy team) OE's U16's simply don't have the skill level which most DA teams have. THis could be a hard year for them, as their schedule couldn't get any tougher. For a cincinnati team to do well in the DA league, in MO, all the best players must unite under one club( the OE 18's are an example of this, but the fact that this team has only won one of their academy games proves the true difficulty of this league. I do agree that CUP red has proven to be the strongest team in the cincinnati area but wouldn't say OE sucks or that none of the players would start for them. And they did have some notorious results last year as a victory to Chicago Magic 2-1 and a tie to currently #1 team in the nation Sereno(after DA teams have been pulled out of rankings.)

oe > cup

for the cup players out there, (specifically the u16s) have fun playing your average competition in cincinnatti such as cosa, cesa, the blue eagles, NK united and metro. ohio elite has beaten all of these teams except cosa because they havent played them. but cesa they beat 3-1, metro the beat 4-1, and they played the eagles and were up by one and the game got cancelled due to lightening. as for NK united, they're terrible and you guys only won by one? and you guys forget the name of an arkansas team you played, which leads poeple to believe your playing very high level competition alright. For the nike friendlies, oe brought up 5 younger kids, and had only practiced a few times before going and the teams down there play all year long. and you say noone on the u16's could start for you guys but you were begging for players from the oe team and got turned down by every one except alex shatz who didnt start for oe but plays for cup now? also the u16 oe team tied cup red last year and beat cup white. OH, and CUP only won disney because they were in the B division, let people know this cup plaers. dont say you are in the "predator" division, say the lower one please. im not saying ohio elite is better but give a better argument next time you say the oe 16s suck.

Try to work in a tie...

Rumor has it Cup U16 won the Disney "Predator" division because of two shootouts (I know I know you still won) but looks like your goalie won. Don't act like you demolished all these teams in the "B" division, you bearly won. also, I see the Sereno (the team OE tied) was in the top bracket.

Keep bragging Cup . . . .How'd you do in the Vulcan Cup???? Not great huh???

Nice, out of 64 DA (U16) teams, there are only two teams that have not won or tied a single game...

http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/S122631.HTM

wow. to compare cup to ohio elite in the u16 age group is not even fair. I have played on both teams (guest played) for OE and played for cup (both in current u16 age group). i honestly can say that to compare them is a joke. CUP blows them out of the water. Look at every single result CUP has had, compared to every single result OE has had. Look at MRL last season. OE hardly won any games. they opted out to go and get crushed in DA. CUP on the other hand finished strong and m ade it to the MRL playoffs where they were one win away from advancing.

the game that OE and CUP tied was a complete joke. Cup didn't start their 4 best starters and after OE scored their first goal while the starters were out, then the coach decided to put the line up in. From then out OE sat on their heels and played kick ball for 70 minutes that cup dominated and CUP got one in, and had multiple chances.

Cup has proved themselves over and over. State cup finalists; disney predator champions (only boys cincinnati team to win in predator); good results in MRL; Raleigh champions 2006; undefeated in germantown (tied FC pride- only team to beat national champs Michigan wolves last year)
i mean honestly when you look at results its truly not even a comparison.

i would like to see OE back up their incredible seasons.

FC Pride lost some of their players to Carmel because Carmel is in the DA. That probably goes for some of the other state champs you have beat. Also how are you going to say that kolping and COSA are better than ohio elite.
And no none of the teams CUP has played this year is in the DA.