Archbold 34-10
Liberty 35-21
Tinora 27-14
Bryan 48-20
JFK 37-12
Evergreen 41-7
PH 12-0
Ottawa Hills 24-14

Some of the report I got was that until Wauseon's line improves, they will live and die by the big play against the better teams. Napoleon is big across their line but did not get a solid pass rush against Liberty Center, although had some nice blitz plays. Two teams with a lot to prove and play for this Friday night @ Wauseon.

Week 3
0-2 Napoleon @ 1-1 Wauseon
0-2 Lake @ 2-0 Archbold
0-2 Swanton @ 0-2 Rogers
0-2 Fairview @ 1-1 Bryan
2-0 Liberty @ 2-0 Otsego
2-0 PH @ 1-1 Columbus Grove
2-0 Evergreen @ 2-0 Ottawa Hills
1-1 Delta @ 0-2 Paulding

I think 7-1 is definitely possible for the league this week. Swanton will fight hard against Rogers. Hoping Wauseon is hungry and shows up this week. OH and Evergreen have done well with their scheduling as one of them will be 3-0. Archbold, Delta and Bryan should roll. Thinking LC will edge out Otsego and PH/Grove could be a coin flip.

Friday Scores: 6-2 on the week. Swanton coming through for the league with some points setting up the week 10 showdown with Evergreen. PH lost a close one to a strong Grove team. LC had to grind out a tough win over Otsego. Archbold and Bryan rolled over weak competition and Wauseon bounces back in a game with more turnovers than touchdowns.

LC 9-0
Archbold 52-28
Wauseon 28-12
Swanton 35-20
Bryan 56-13
Delta 64-0
Columbus Grove 7-0 over PH

League play begins this week:

Liberty Center @ Wauseon
Bryan @ Archbold
Patrick Henry @ Swanton
Delta @ Evergreen

3-0 Archbold
3-0 Liberty Center
2-1 Bryan
2-1 Delta
2-1 Evergreen
2-1 Patrick Henry
2-1 Wauseon
1-2 Swanton

Johnny Fryman's "Fryman 5"

5. Edgerton/Antwerp
4. Wauseon
3. Tinora
2. Archbold
1. Liberty Center

Archbold 28-Bryan 14 (heard it was tied 7-7 in the 3rd)
Liberty Center 40-Wauseon 6
Patrick Henry 40-Swanton 7
Delta 23-Evergreen 21

I have watched both teams this year. This one is easy...No Newman, No Chance.

LC will shut down Dominique and the running game...this will be a running clock in the 2nd half...not kidding.

If my math is correct, Coach Inselmann tied John Downey for second place all time NWOAL head coaching wins with 166 after defeating Swanton last Friday.

I have watched both teams this year. This one is easy...No Newman, No Chance.

LC will shut down Dominique and the running game...this will be a running clock in the 2nd half...not kidding.
This and it’s going to get ugly in a hurry. Ask Wauseon.

Archbold's experience on both Line's should keep it a close game. LC lived in Wauseon's backfield and when they didn't get much pressure you saw why from all the holding penalties. #25 was a non-factor the last time they met, obviously this time they will look to lean on him. Archbold needs to be content to try to grind out some first downs and sustain some long drives. Another factor is will #28 play or not and how healthy/effective will he be. Several LC kids are banged up with this tough early season schedule, hopefully both teams are near full strength and we see a good one.

Archbold's experience on both Line's should keep it a close game. LC lived in Wauseon's backfield and when they didn't get much pressure you saw why from all the holding penalties. #25 was a non-factor the last time they met, obviously this time they will look to lean on him. Archbold needs to be content to try to grind out some first downs and sustain some long drives. Another factor is will #28 play or not and how healthy/effective will he be. Several LC kids are banged up with this tough early season schedule, hopefully both teams are near full strength and we see a good one.
Newman was the difference last year...he's playing baseball at BG now. If not for his big plays in the 4th quarter of the playoff game, LC would have won that by 28. LC is physically superior from what I watched this year. Archbold struggled against an average at best Bryan team...still stand by my running clock in 2nd half prediction.

Newman was the difference last year...he's playing baseball at BG now. If not for his big plays in the 4th quarter of the playoff game, LC would have won that by 28. LC is physically superior from what I watched this year. Archbold struggled against an average at best Bryan team...still stand by my running clock in 2nd half prediction.
When was the last time Archbold had a running clock on them?

4-0 Archbold @ 4-0 Liberty Center
2-2 Wauseon @ 1-3 Swanton
2-2 Evergreen @ 3-1 Patrick Henry
2-2 Bryan @ 3-1 Delta

Archbold-LC is the game of the week but Bryan-Delta is intriguing. Bryan has faced two very good teams and two duds. Delta has had to battle and fight for wins against Ayersville and Evergreen. Bryan fought hard against Archbold but hasn't had a game in question in the 4th quarter so far which could favor Delta a little.

9-16-22 FRYMAN FIVE RATINGS:
1. Liberty Center
2. Archbold
3. Tinora
4. Edgerton
5. Antwerp
No love for Patrick Henry by Fryman as usual.
This and a couple of bucks will buy you a cup of coffee, lol!

Last edited: