Wauseon 5-2 189 102 8-3 303 155 8-4
Patrick Henry 4-3 143 112 6-4 222 167 6-5
Bryan 3-4 151 189 5-5 270 348
Delta 2-5 147 140 4-6 267 211
Evergreen 1-6 65 240 3-7 160 298
Swanton 0-7 21 263 0-10 41 391

Returning All League Players

Archbold:
1st team-Carson Dominique RB, Hayden Dickman OT, Brian Burrowes C, Devon Morris DE, Karter Behnfeldt DB,
2nd team-Jack Hurst DB, Krayton Kern Spec, Chase Miller Spec.
HM-Mason Siegel OT, Wyat Ripke G, Lance Bauer DL, Gabe Chapa LB, Stephen Diller DB.
Bryan:
1st team-None
2nd team-Zain Bell OT, Parker Vollmer G, Ayden Pelz LB.
HM-Sam Harold WR, Tyler Spisak G, Maddox Langenderfer DB.
Delta:
1st team-None
2nd team-Jeremiah Wolford RB, James Ruple DB.
HM-Bryar Knapp RB, Maverick Mercer DE, Holden Barnes DE, Ethan Funk DL, Phil Smithers Spec.
Evergreen:
1st team-None
2nd team-Diesil Stoykoff DL.
HM-Conner Hewson RB, Riley Dunbar WR, Robert Pennington OT, Sam Worline C, Hunter Vaculik LB, Grant Richardson LB.
Liberty Center:
1st team-Owen Box OT, Owen Box DL,
2nd team-Matthew Orr RB.
HM-Zane Zeiter QB, Landon Bockelman OT, Tanner Kline G, Riley Chapa DB.
Patrick Henry:
1st team-Landon Johnson WR, Kaden Rosebrook DB.
2nd team-Nash Meyer QB, Landen Wensink OT, Drew Rosengarten, Houston Miranda LB.
HM-Aiden Behrman WR, Gavin Jackson WR, Cody McCance LB, Brock Behrman DB.
Swanton:
1st team: Cole Mitchey Spec.
2nd team: None.
HM: Kayden Davis WR, Cameron Kirtz DL, Kamon Molina LB, Trent Eitniear LB, Ethan Hensley DB.
Wauseon:
1st team-Jude Armstrong DB.
2nd team-Elijah McLeod QB, Sam Smith WR, Logan Carroll LB.
HM-Jude Armstrong WR, Chance Snow DE, Justin Duncan DL, Zaiden Kessler LB, Tyson Rodriguez Spec.

I would think Wauseon has to be the favorites with McCloud and Sam Smith both returning?

I think the Dominique kid at RB for Archbold kept looking better and better as the season progressed. Excited to see what he does next year.

Can't ever count out LC or PH either.

Is it August yet?

Last edited:
Too many question marks on the offensive and defensive line for Indians.

I will say:

1. LC
2. Wauseon
3. PH
4. Archbold
5. Bryan
6. Delta
7. Evergreen
8. Swanton
I don't see any way Archbold finishes outside of the top 3. Yes, they lost Newman and some good seniors, but that school is still loaded with talent

1. Archbold
2. Wauseon
3. LC
4. PH
5. Bryan
6. Delta
7. Evergreen
8. Swanton

Archbold may be at the beginning of a run like PH had in the early 2000's. I used to say "How is PH going to replace this guy or that guy" yet they turned out league champs year after year. Archbold is well coached and returns some dudes across both lines. They are looking for a three-peat and have won 3 of last 5. It's theirs to lose.

I think it’ll be wauseon & archbold for the top 2 teams. Wauseon pretty much returns everyone with the majority of them being sophomores

I don't see any way Archbold finishes outside of the top 3. Yes, they lost Newman and some good seniors, but that school is still loaded with talent
I agree. I think they can be better than they were last season. Maybe that's the homer in me, but they have some players coming back including the entire offensive line and a stud at RB.

Archbold may be at the beginning of a run like PH had in the early 2000's. I used to say "How is PH going to replace this guy or that guy" yet they turned out league champs year after year. Archbold is well coached and returns some dudes across both lines. They are looking for a three-peat and have won 3 of last 5. It's theirs to lose.
It depends a ton on how well they can adapt their offense and identity without Newman, which I think Dominique is a good enough coach to do. They may look completely different offensively this year (unless they have a capable QB to replace Newman in the same system) but programs like that rarely drop off after the last 3 years they've had without a coaching change

I think it’ll be wauseon & archbold for the top 2 teams. Wauseon pretty much returns everyone with the majority of them being sophomores
Wauseon losing I think 5 starting spots on offense and 4 on defense. Archbold losing 3 maybe 4 starters on O and about the same on D.

Liberty Center losing 5 starters on offense and 5 on defense. PH only losing more like 3 spots on both sides of the ball.

1. Archbold - Very good program with good coaching, expect them to stay at 1 or top 3 at the worst
2. PH - They bring just about everyone back, played Grove very tough with a young team last year
3. Wauseon - Don't know much about them but they're a big, talented school
4. LC - Lost a ton of starters from a very good team, could finish anywhere between 2-4
5. Bryan - 5 and 6 could be interchangeable
6. Delta
7. Evergreen - I think their new coach could be an incredible hire for them, but it will take more than one year to see success
8. Swanton - Seems like the Paulding of the NWOAL - one of the larger schools in the league can't consistently compete in anything

I think we all would agree it'll be a 2-tier league with Archbold, LC, PH, and Wauseon being the top tier. How they finish is anyone's guess at this point. My gut tells me that LC is the team to beat with Archbold and PH a close 2nd.

New coach at Evergreen Evan Karchner, graduated from Maumee in 2012 where he was a 2X all state linebacker. Then played at Bowling Green and has coaching experience at Wake Forest, BGSU, Youngstown State, MacArthur HS(Texas) and Eastwood.
We'll see if he can bring some excitement to the program and bring back some numbers while trying to change the culture.

New coach at Evergreen Evan Karchner, graduated from Maumee in 2012 where he was a 2X all state linebacker. Then played at Bowling Green and has coaching experience at Wake Forest, BGSU, Youngstown State, MacArthur HS(Texas) and Eastwood.
We'll see if he can bring some excitement to the program and bring back some numbers while trying to change the culture.
Just what Evergreen needed... another coach that loves his twitter feed

Coaches Preseason Poll:

1. Archbold (5 First place votes)
2. Liberty (3 First place votes)
3. Wauseon
4. Patrick Henry
5. Bryan
6. Delta
7. Evergreen/Swanton tied

Scrimmages this week:

Eastwood @ Archbold
Wauseon @ Rossford
Leipsic @ Liberty Center
Patrick Henry @ Edgerton
Napoleon @ Bryan
Evergreen @ Gibsonburg
Swanton @ Ayersville

LC-Leipsic scrimmage

Leipsic 10 plays: gained about 15 yards mostly trying to run
Liberty 10 plays: LC went 65 yards and scored in 6 plays

Live Action (no live kickoffs)
Leipsic went almost all passes and scored in 6 plays
Liberty scored in 10 plays
Leipsic scored in 5 plays highlighted by a 50 yard pass play.
Liberty scored in 5 plays highlighted by a 45 yard pass play.
Leipsic goes 3 and out and netted a 4 yard punt.
Liberty took over near the 40 and scored 5 plays later.
Leipsic went 20 yards in 8 plays before punting.
Liberty took over at their 10 and drove to the 40 before punting.
Leipsic went 3 and out.
Liberty took over at their 40 and scored 3 plays later.
Leipsic T.O.D.s
Liberty goes 70 yards in 6 plays for a score.
-JV's take over at this point.-

It will be interesting to see Wauseon's offense against the top defenses in the league. Wauseon's QB is returning and their receivers are really good and fast. I'm not sure how they are up front, but if they can give their QB time they will be very hard to stop.

It will be interesting to see Wauseon's offense against the top defenses in the league. Wauseon's QB is returning and their receivers are really good and fast. I'm not sure how they are up front, but if they can give their QB time they will be very hard to stop.
That seems to be the big question that is holding people back from picking them higher. Can they protect McCleod but also I think can they find some balance in their run game with Carroll. As explosive as they can be, slowing things down at times and controlling some clock is always an advantage.

Week 1 games:

Genoa at Archbold
Rossford at Swanton
Tinora at Liberty Center
Fairview at Wauseon
Ayersville at Delta
Evergreen at North Baltimore
Hicksville at Patrick Henry

Archbold 35-14
Wauseon 59-7
Liberty Center 31-0
Evergreen 48-0
Delta 22-19
Patrick Henry 56-8

Rossford 34-0
Van Wert 63-28

6-2 on the week for the league. Delta coming through with a good win. Archbold pulled away from a good Genoa team. LC handled Tinora from start to finish. PH and Wauseon win with ease. Evergreen picking up some points for the league also. Swanton and Bryan struggle against better teams.

Bryan has 50 players on their roster and they're the largest school in the NWOAL so one has to wonder why they don't seem to have much success in the league in football.