NWO Football 2024

What league(s) will you be following this year?

• Toledo City League

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • NLL Buckeye

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • NLL Cardinal

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • NBC

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • CHSL (Central + AA)

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • BVC

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • TAAC

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • NWC

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • MAC

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • NWOAL

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • GMC

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

ayCC!

NWO Realignment Enjoyer
We're in year two of post-realignment. 7 months out until the first snaps of NW Ohio HS football in 2024. Might as well get a head start!

I'll post my responses later, but in your wayyy too early opinion, what are your answers to these questions? Can be players, teams or leagues.

Who's back?

Who's reloading?

Who's going to surprise?

Who's back?
- Trenton Barraza from Columbus Grove is a 1st team all-Ohio running back with another year to go. He's sitting at #3 in all-time rushing at Grove with over 3,700 yards already. He also is an all-conference corner and an electric kick/punt returner (when teams actually kick to him). If you've never seen him play, it's worth a trip down to Putnam County to watch him. Grove is obviously a small school but I have no doubt in my mind that he would start and be a top player, if not the best player, on any team in northwest Ohio.

His all-Ohio classmate Kylan Mayes is pretty dang impressive too. Might not have the size to play big time college ball as an offensive or defensive linemen, but pound for pound he's one of the best linemen in the state on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Who's back?
2025 QBs.

This year's senior quarterback class is probably one of the more loaded in recent memory in terms of offers. Here are my top 3 from the Toledo area:

#1 Ryan Montgomery - Findlay
(top five: Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn, Michigan State, Florida)
Can he get the Trojans some hardware before he heads off to greener (and hopefully warmer) pastures in college?

#2 Mason Heintschel - Clay
(offers from: Akron, Bowling Green, Kent State, Coastal Carolina, Toledo)
A very fun QB to watch, could make some noise in a weakened NLL Cardinal.

#3 Brady Ford - Whitmer
(offers from: Central Michigan, Bowling Green)
With a great supporting cast around him, he will be the main thorn in any potential NLL Buckeye contender's side as Whitmer looks to defend their conference title.

Who's back?
2025 QBs.

This year's senior quarterback class is probably one of the more loaded in recent memory in terms of offers. Here are my top 3 from the Toledo area:

Can he get the Trojans some hardware before he heads off to greener (and hopefully warmer) pastures in college?

#3 Brady Ford - Whitmer
With a great supporting cast around him, he will be the main thorn in any potential NLL Buckeye contender's side as Whitmer looks to defend their conference title.
Grant Kinnee - Anthony Wayne. Just received an offer from Bowling Green.

The other could be the GMC, Green Medows.

Not many schools farther North or West in Ohio than Edgerton.

Last edited:
Who's back?
2025 QBs.

#3 Brady Ford - Whitmer
Whitmer hired a new OC this offseason that should help Brady Ford's numbers/stock.

Whitmer hired a new OC this offseason that should help Brady Ford's numbers/stock.
Oh yeah. Gucciardo back in the coaching saddle will help Whitmer out a lot. They have so many weapons on both sides of the ball, I'd love to see them go on a run a lot of fans have been thirsting for.

The other could be the GMC, Green Medows.

Not many schools farther North or West in Ohio than Edgerton.
Very few further west.

North you've got Edon, Montpelier, North Central, Hilltop, all of Fulton County, all of Lucas County. 😜

But I get the point. GMC being left off makes it seem pretty Toledo centric.

Fun little development... All of our NWO D1s just got moved to Region 1.

If it wasn't hard for them already, they now must get past St. Ed in the postseason just to get out of the region. Ed is down some of their guys from their D1-studded lineup, but still, path to Canton just got a little harder.

Fun little development... All of our NWO D1s just got moved to Region 1.

If it wasn't hard for them already, they now must get past St. Ed in the postseason just to get out of the region. Ed is down some of their guys from their D1-studded lineup, but still, path to Canton just got a little harder.
As Columbus continues to explode, I expect in future years D1 will be more and more like this. With the Intel facility coming to Central Ohio, I think roughly half of D1 by 2030 will be this region. Wouldn't shock me to see a wave of school consolidations across the state to make room in the budget for more schools around there.

As Columbus continues to explode, I expect in future years D1 will be more and more like this. With the Intel facility coming to Central Ohio, I think roughly half of D1 by 2030 will be this region. Wouldn't shock me to see a wave of school consolidations across the state to make room in the budget for more schools around there.
You won't see consolidation, you are just going to see more suburban districts building their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th high school. 30 years ago, Olentangy schools had one high school, now they are trying to pass a levy to build their 5th high school. Today Columbus metro is about 2.5 million. The prediction is by 2050 Columbus metro may be as big as 5 million people.

What?

You won't see consolidation, you are just going to see more suburban districts building their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th high school. 30 years ago, Olentangy schools had one high school, now they are trying to pass a levy to build their 5th high school. Today Columbus metro is about 2.5 million. The prediction is by 2050 Columbus metro may be as big as 5 million people.

Where are you seeing 5 million? Everything I see says 3.15.

Unless they are expanding what is called the metro area no way the road system can handle that many people unless they are all just staying at home or walking places.