Noah Rich / Franklin

NAIA gives scholarships. NCAA DIII does not. My daughter plays NAIA softball and she has a pretty substantial athletic scholarship. If DI is not in the cards, NAIA is probably the next best option from a financial aspect.
Allow me to clarify once again NAIA does give scholarships to D1 and D2 (NAIA level) athletes D3 NAIA does not

Allow me to clarify once again NAIA does give scholarships to D1 and D2 (NAIA level) athletes D3 NAIA does not
I was not aware that NAIA offers college sports for three divisions. NAIA used to only have two divisions but thought they went to only one.

There are no divisions in the NAIA All in the same division It depends on the school as far as funding . My daughter played at an NAIA school, women's soccer, top ten program , got appox 60% of school paid between soccer and academics

I have always thought one difference between NAIA and NCAA is that NAIA coaches can determine the percentage of scholarship they give to each athlete. Splitting a full scholarship between 3 players can be helpful in recruiting.

I have always thought one difference between NAIA and NCAA is that NAIA coaches can determine the percentage of scholarship they give to each athlete. Splitting a full scholarship between 3 players can be helpful in recruiting.
The same with D2 sports and D1 baseball.

NAIA schools do not give athletic scholarship funding allow me to clarify.
"Unlike NCAA schools, however, over 90% of NAIA schools offer athletic scholarships. On average, individual athletes receive $7,000, or 10-20% of their cost attendance, in financial aid.

"Few NAIA schools will offer full-ride scholarships to athletes, but partial scholarships are more common. To receive funding and to play on a team, you must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours. You'll need to contact the athletic department of the school you'd like to attend to determine whether that school is funding the sport you’re interested in. While the NAIA may allow for a generous amount of funding per sport per school, it is up to the school to decide whether to fund scholarships in that particular sport."

Most people don’t realize baseball only has 11.3 scholarships. When you have to field a team of 25+ guys there is much to go around. So if your buddy says his kid got a full scholarship for baseball, he’s probably lying

Of course you commit, they have coaches responsible for putting a team together?
Is it necessary for a preferred walk on to announce their commitment?
Is it necessary to announce any commitment for any sport whether it be D1, D2, NAIA, D3 ?
Is it necessary to post your offers to play sports in college?
Is it necessary to come on this site and ask if it is necessary?
It’s harmless and there may be enough interest to warrant an announcement. What I think is kind of silly is having a signing when there is nothing to sign.

Most people don’t realize baseball only has 11.3 scholarships. When you have to field a team of 25+ guys there is much to go around. So if your buddy says his kid got a full scholarship for baseball, he’s probably lying
It is laughable knowing some parents that will pay $7,500 in expenses each year for 4-6 years with a goal to have their son earn a $6,500 scholarship.