New member impact for SEC and Big 10.

USC will have by far the biggest impact of the four in their respective new leagues, at least for the foreseeable future IMO.

USC will have by far the biggest impact of the four in their respective new leagues, at least for the foreseeable future IMO.
How so? Do you see them being able to recruit OL/DL at a high level? Because THAT'S where the rubber meets the road. Everything ELSE is just fluff. Because UGA didn't win 29 games the past two seasons, with four/five-star skill people. But EVERYBODY who has played OL/DL are going to play on Sunday.

I have no idea why you even replied to his/her/shem/them. You should know how he/she/shem/them pounds their chest about how great the SEC is every year. Even when Penn St. pounded Auburn last year. It didn't matter to his/her/shem/them, his/her/shem/them made excuses for the Auburn loss. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::banana::stirthepot:

BTW ignoring posts works great! 🤣🤣🤣
he/she/shem/them has no value in their posts if you ask me. :banana::stirthepot::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Big Ten needs to get a team from the southeast to have direct access to that talent. I heard on a podcast that over 500,000 people have left California since Covid and people are still leaving.

At least Texas and Oklahoma are at least somewhat close to their conference. It’s hard to imagine the Big Ten not adding more west coast schools

How so? Do you see them being able to recruit OL/DL at a high level? Because THAT'S where the rubber meets the road. Everything ELSE is just fluff. Because UGA didn't win 29 games the past two seasons, with four/five-star skill people. But EVERYBODY who has played OL/DL are going to play on Sunday.
What Georgia recruited or won games with has nothing to do with Oklahoma or Texas. Pretty dense reply.

I have no idea why you even replied to his/her/shem/them. You should know how he/she/shem/them pounds their chest about how great the SEC is every year. Even when Penn St. pounded Auburn last year. It didn't matter to his/her/shem/them, his/her/shem/them made excuses for the Auburn loss. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::banana::stirthepot:

BTW ignoring posts works great! 🤣🤣🤣
he/she/shem/them has no value in their posts if you ask me. :banana::stirthepot::ROFLMAO::LOL:
HEY BOZO, WHERE did I mention the SEC as being great? You need to get that chip off your shoulder, and your head outa your buttocks! TRY as I might to be cordial to you buffoons. It appears that I am preaching to an empty room.

By the BY, Awebuns QB1 was playing for OREGON last season. And is rumored to be a Heisman Trophy candidate in 2023.

HEY BOZO, WHERE did I mention the SEC as being great? You need to get that chip off your shoulder, and your head outa your buttocks! TRY as I might to be cordial to you buffoons. It appears that I am preaching to an empty room.

By the BY, Awebuns QB1 was playing for OREGON last season. And is rumored to be a Heisman Trophy candidate in 2023.
Your handle is SWGA Fan, pretty easy to grasp your feelings about comparing the B10 to the SEC. In response to the origonal question, Los Angeles traveling all the way to Happy Valley to play a meaningful game is more signifocant than the Texas/Oklahoma move. Geography now plays a more meaningful role in the B10. I'm also interested in seeing how many conference games the SEC determines to play.

Saban has voiced his displeasure about playing a 9 game conference schedule. I guess he really wants to pay those meaningless Southern schools so his starters can have some time to rest for next week by half time. Saban has been quoted as saying that its unfair to have to play the conference's best every year. Haven't heard a B10 coach say that. Yes, he is Nick Saban, but all of the sudden Tennessee is kind of competetive and he's afraid to play a tougher schedule.

Georgia could see an easier conference schedule, so I guess that helps you out. Probably something like South Carolina, Floroda and a Mississippi school. Honestly, I also dont understamd how the SEC does the conference alignments. Bama or Burn should have moved to the East when Mizzou joined. Mizzou is clearly a team that belongs in the West geographically. I wonder how theyre going to realign the conferences so that the only 3 current prominent SEC schools (Florida, UGA, and Bama dont end up playing each other every year.

Ideally, I'd like to see this:

West Division- Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky

East Division- Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy, LSU

What we will probably see:

West Division- Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Oklahoma, Arkansas

East Division- Texas, Georgia, Florida, Vandy, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina

I dont see them putting Texas and Oklahoma into one division

A lot of chatter out there that there is no consensus on the SEC regular season schedule once Texas and Oklahoma enter; Sankey is probably going to have to referee the beef. The powers want it to be an 8 game SEC schedule so they don't beat up on each other and get as many teams possibly into the playoffs while ESPN wants better game inventory plus the middle and lower classes want 9 games so they can sell more tickets and make more game day revenue. Stay tuned to see who holds sway in the conference.

A lot of chatter out there that there is no consensus on the SEC regular season schedule once Texas and Oklahoma enter; Sankey is probably going to have to referee the beef. The powers want it to be an 8 game SEC schedule so they don't beat up on each other and get as many teams possibly into the playoffs while ESPN wants better game inventory plus the middle and lower classes want 9 games so they can sell more tickets and make more game day revenue. Stay tuned to see who holds sway in the conference.
If I had to guess, what ESPN wants, they'll get for media. They have to keep up with CBS who has SEC and some B10 now. I hope its a 9 game schedule. I could very seriously SEC due away with divisions and let the top 2 teams play for the title.

In the long run Texas will prove to be the winning acquisition in terms of competition and media market. Demographics are destiny.