Mount Healthy beat Winton Woods ?????

down 13 to 0 ; owls came back ;;:banana: :clap: mt healthy is better than people think , nice team , well coached , lacks size ; i saw them early in season when i was scounting nch :D :) coach pugh and old meibs seem to be working well together ; lots of experience and the kids play really hard . bench seems lacking depth . could be a team to watch in the div 2 tourny ?? warriors have a great squad ; a ton of talent ; but mt healthy has beat them two years in a row ???:clap: :help: when kids believe in their coaches that can lead to upsets .;)

The Lady Warriors went into the game thinking since they beat them the first time by 17 points that it was going to be another cake walk and Mt. Healthy definitely came to play. Warriors lost a player that game due to injury (perhaps ACL), Harper and James shots were falling as normal. The calls were plenty on the Warriors and the Owls definitely took advantage of it at the free throw line. Great job Lady Owls but to make a correction, the Warriors and Owls have been 1-1 last year and this year which led them to be co-League Champs last year but definitely won't happen this year......Lady Warriors, since the win tonight against Talawanda, are and will be League Champs this year. ;)

The Lady Warriors went into the game thinking since they beat them the first time by 17 points that it was going to be another cake walk and Mt. Healthy definitely came to play. Warriors lost a player that game due to injury (perhaps ACL), Harper and James shots were falling as normal. The calls were plenty on the Warriors and the Owls definitely took advantage of it at the free throw line. Great job Lady Owls but to make a correction, the Warriors and Owls have been 1-1 last year and this year which led them to be co-League Champs last year but definitely won't happen this year......Lady Warriors, since the win tonight against Talawanda, are and will be League Champs this year. ;)

I am glad to see the Lady Warriors bounce back. But they haven't won the league just yet. They have a very dangerous game coming up at Harrison. They have a 1 game lead with 4 games remaining. They need to handle their business.

But they haven't won the league just yet. They have a very dangerous game coming up at Harrison.
Curious why you think Harrison is a very dangerous game. WW is state ranked and Harrison is under 500 and has not beat any good teams. WW beat them by 31 points last month. This game should not be close.

Curious why you think Harrison is a very dangerous game. WW is state ranked and Harrison is under 500 and has not beat any good teams. WW beat them by 31 points last month. This game should not be close.

One thing that the girls have to understand is that Winton Woods is the biggest game for a number of opponents, Harrison, Northwest, Mt. Healthy. It's a road game and of course Winton Woods will think that the refs are on the opponents side. WW have a injury and illness. And to me basketball is the sport that has the opportunity for the biggest upset. WW beat Mt. Healthy by 17 the first game and loss the next one. If a inferior team can make a couple shots, get a player or 2 into foul trouble, gain confidence and momentum it could be trouble. I expect a win, but it might be closer than expected.

One thing that the girls have to understand is that Winton Woods is the biggest game for a number of opponents, Harrison, Northwest, Mt. Healthy. It's a road game and of course Winton Woods will think that the refs are on the opponents side. WW have a injury and illness. And to me basketball is the sport that has the opportunity for the biggest upset. WW beat Mt. Healthy by 17 the first game and loss the next one. If a inferior team can make a couple shots, get a player or 2 into foul trouble, gain confidence and momentum it could be trouble. I expect a win, but it might be closer than expected.
Thanks for the info. Why will Winton Woods think that the refs are on the opponents side?

Thanks for the info. Why will Winton Woods think that the refs are on the opponents side?

Lol. Because our fans always think that! It's so funny to me. They ride the refs from the middle school all the way up to the varsity level. Just a questionable call can get into everyone's head. I don't know maybe other feels do this also, but I can actually visually tell when the officiating is affecting any Winton Woods team. And I am yelling at the top of my lungs "play through it".

GREAT POINT ; YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP PLAYING YOUR GAME ;; GETTING ON OFFICALS RARLY HELPS ;;i have learned that over the years . :clap: :help: :dang:

harrison will be tough. they are also playing really well right now. It's always tough playing at Harrison.

You are correct Winton Woods has 4 more league games to play but considering has lost 3 league games and they lost by 31 or 34 points the first go round, as long as the girls keep fighting as they have been, even against bad calls, they will do just fine. I am very confident the Lady Warriors WILL BE FAVC League Champs as we walk out the door of the FAVC League all together. ;)

You are correct Winton Woods has 4 more league games to play but considering has lost 3 league games and they lost by 31 or 34 points the first go round, as long as the girls keep fighting as they have been, even against bad calls, they will do just fine. I am very confident the Lady Warriors WILL BE FAVC League Champs as we walk out the door of the FAVC League all together. ;)

Oh yea, I am with you. Very nice bounce back by the Warriors. Solid wins at Talawanda and over Withrow. Very proud of how these young ladies bounced back after being upset. A very good job by the coaching staff with preparation.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THESE TEAMS DO IN THE TOURNY ???wintons big win over withrow should help them a lot . mt healthy could do well in div 2 ? :clap: :eek: their bench is super thin ; this might hurt them a lot ?? i have seen the mt h . asst coaches out scouting ; i would not want to play them early in the tourny ??.:soapbox: they could make a run ; if coach pugh can keep pressin g the entire game . good luck to both teams; they both play hard ..:clap:

where will winton and mt healthy be seeded ?:p ;)
Tournament info here:

http://www.swdab.org/Girls Basketball/girls_basketball.htm

All 32 teams will be seeded on Sunday, Feb 4.

Amelia, Anderson, Colerain, Fairfield, Glen Este, Hamilton, Harrison, Hughes Center, Kings, Lakota East, Lakota West, Little Miami, Loveland, Mason, McAuley, Middletown, Milford, Mother of Mercy, Mt. Notre Dame, Northwest, Oak Hills, Princeton, Seton, St. Ursula Academy, Sycamore, Turpin, Ursuline Academy, Walnut Hills, Western Hills, Winton Woods, Withrow, and Woodward.

Obviously WW will be near the top.