Moeller Wrestling 2011-2012

Is their any possible way besides the Enquirer, i can get Moeller Super Dual results. I'm literally dumbfounded that the Moeller ihigh site does not post RESULTS.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, i'm an idiot. ihigh has them, sorry for being a whiny

They destroyed everybody at their own Duals, pretty easily. They destroyed the #2 team in the city, Mason. Mason only won 1match and had two forfeits because of injuries. Results are on ihigh. Extremely Young Talented team. they have 5 SUPER-sophomores wrestling varsity, straight from the Moeller youth program, all state placing caliber. This super group COULD(and this may be taboo) win Jeff Gaier(BEST COACH AT MOELLER!) his first team state title.

Eds is a machine and SWO doesn't match up with NEO in wrestling.. if Moe wins a state title in wrestling it would be an insanely tremendous accomplishment

Eds is a machine and SWO doesn't match up with NEO in wrestling.. if Moe wins a state title in wrestling it would be an insanely tremendous accomplishment

I would have to say Moellers best chance at the State title would be when these sophmores are seniors in 2 years. Eds would be losing quite a few studs(i know they reload, pretty insane) but Moeller has some young talent behind the sophmores that will help contend for that elusive title.

I did a little research out of curiosity about the Moeller Youth Wrestling, ECCW(sp?)

I saw a young talented 106 named Matthew Kolodzik. I think he wrestled for the Moeller Youth Club, but i see that hes not attending. Is it typical for kids to wrestle for the youth club, but not attend Moeller?

Don't really have any knowledge about it, buy why is the wrestling so much better up north year in and year out? There's youth wrestling organizations all over the place around here. Does every outstanding wrestler go to St. Ed's? I've never understood how they can dominate year after year. Most other sports have teams/schools "catching up" with each other. Ed's seems to be in their own league. Even when Moeller has had some strong teams, they don't seem to matchup with them at all. Any insight would be appreciated.

Don't really have any knowledge about it, buy why is the wrestling so much better up north year in and year out? There's youth wrestling organizations all over the place around here. Does every outstanding wrestler go to St. Ed's? I've never understood how they can dominate year after year. Most other sports have teams/schools "catching up" with each other. Ed's seems to be in their own league. Even when Moeller has had some strong teams, they don't seem to matchup with them at all. Any insight would be appreciated.

The Greater Metropolitan Area of Cleveland/Youngstown/Akron has always been 20 years ahead of the State in Wrestling. The area is considered one of the 'Meccas' of High school Wrestling. One of my coaches back in high school told me they were 20 years ahead of the state back in the 60's and 70's. I 'think?' he mentioned that Italian/Eastern European immigrants in the early 20's opened wrestling clubs and planted the seeds of the 'fruit' we all see today. The NE area has housed some of the nations best teams year in and year out since the 80's.

Basically, Wrestling is SERIOUS business up there in NEohio, would even go as far as to say that its more important then basketball in the winter time. The area is a wrestling haven. Much like how SWohio is a swimming haven.

As for the St Edward wrestling program, simple one answer..Tradition.

Ever since Howard Ferguson took over in the 70's, he has built a powerhouse that is only matched by St X's Swimming program in terms of success. Here's a good example of how much talent they draw. A guy, last name Stark, placed 2nd in state his junior year, comes back his senior year...can't crack the line up...crazy

In all honestly, it would be a career highlight for Coach Gaier if he managed to defeat Ed's in a duel. Their just too deep AND talented. Only 2 or 3 teams each year in the entire country has a fair shot of knocking them off. One of them, a SWohio team, St Paris Graham. Jeff Jordan has established a national powerhouse in their own right, and one of the few teams with legit shots against Ed's, and their only division 2. The other, a private boarding school in east coast NJ, Blair Academy, who recruit on a national level and field usually a team with kids from all across the country to compete with. I think they've gotten the best of Ed's in more recent years, but boy, those are the wrestling duels that are MUST-see, INTENSE, doesn't do the annual event justice but again its basically 'The Nation vs Greater Cleveland Area'....give ya an idea of whats going on in the winter time up in cleveland?

the 'USA Today' of wrestling
http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/high_school/Team

Fbwiz good info...Gaier has come close in upending Eds in a duel on two occasions. In 2007 Moe split matches with them 7-7 but lost because of bonus points. And 2001 Moeller lost by 12 points with Joe Zinkan(state champ) and Mike Baria(state placer) both sitting out(injuries). If they were both in the line-up Moeller would have tied Eds and would have came down to criteria. I think in two years Moeller will have another decent shot in finally beating Eds in a duel.

Looks like Moeller finished 16# in the country this year. Another great season in terms of what they have to deal.

Congrats to Joey Ward, 2-time State Champ, the wrestling media/coverage didn't have him repeating...he showed them!

Go Moe!

The Greater Metropolitan Area of Cleveland/Youngstown/Akron has always been 20 years ahead of the State in Wrestling. The area is considered one of the 'Meccas' of High school Wrestling. One of my coaches back in high school told me they were 20 years ahead of the state back in the 60's and 70's. I 'think?' he mentioned that Italian/Eastern European immigrants in the early 20's opened wrestling clubs and planted the seeds of the 'fruit' we all see today. The NE area has housed some of the nations best teams year in and year out since the 80's.

Basically, Wrestling is SERIOUS business up there in NEohio, would even go as far as to say that its more important then basketball in the winter time. The area is a wrestling haven. Much like how SWohio is a swimming haven.

As for the St Edward wrestling program, simple one answer..Tradition.

Ever since Howard Ferguson took over in the 70's, he has built a powerhouse that is only matched by St X's Swimming program in terms of success. Here's a good example of how much talent they draw. A guy, last name Stark, placed 2nd in state his junior year, comes back his senior year...can't crack the line up...crazy

In all honestly, it would be a career highlight for Coach Gaier if he managed to defeat Ed's in a duel. Their just too deep AND talented. Only 2 or 3 teams each year in the entire country has a fair shot of knocking them off. One of them, a SWohio team, St Paris Graham. Jeff Jordan has established a national powerhouse in their own right, and one of the few teams with legit shots against Ed's, and their only division 2. The other, a private boarding school in east coast NJ, Blair Academy, who recruit on a national level and field usually a team with kids from all across the country to compete with. I think they've gotten the best of Ed's in more recent years, but boy, those are the wrestling duels that are MUST-see, INTENSE, doesn't do the annual event justice but again its basically 'The Nation vs Greater Cleveland Area'....give ya an idea of whats going on in the winter time up in cleveland?

the 'USA Today' of wrestling
http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/high_school/Team

Thanks for the response.....good stuff!