Moe vs. Wayne game

The Game

I thought I'd start a new post because the other football one is getting on alumni, faculty, etc. Let's stay on the good stuff....Moeller Football!

What are your thoughts going into the game? After seeing Moeller in the preseason, my only concern may be the passing defense. I'm only concerned because both scrimmages were against primarily running teams. The defensive backs didn't get any real test in the scrimmages. If Miller is as good as advertised, they'll get their test Sunday. The passing defense struggled in the 7 on 7's. Hopefully, we'll get Tucker rolling early and get some early scores. Any word if they named a starting QB after the Colerain game? In his Enquirer chat, Rodenburg said he would name a starter after that game.

Hopefully, the boys will come out loose and ready to play and won't get caught up in the ESPN hoopla. I don't want a repeat of how they came out against WW in the opener last year!

Now this is talking about football!! love it. Wayne has a solid D-1 recruited RB and DB, so they have more than 1 threat. They struggled against Fairfield in their first scrimmage and but Miller broke 3 long runs vs West Friday night. He's a greta runner and maturing as a passer. I htink our O line and Running game will do well as we are big up front with some great kids. Scove ran like a demon vs Colerain. There is concern in the Defensive backfield but they will come up and hit and are maturing quickly. D-Line is strong and hopefully will keep their o line off our pretty quick linebacking core and keep Miller from breaking long runs. The running game will help open the passing game in short bursts but it should be effective. Wyanes O-line has good size but is also young and will make mistakes. It will be a good barometer for Moe's season.

Moe needs to limit BM to very few big plays and Moe needs to show some kind of passing game to keep Wayne's D honest and not stack the box. Tucker's a great back but let's not get him pounded every play this early in the season!

Go Moeller!

If Braxton plays the way he did against Fairfield then Moe has a great chance of coming out on top. There were probably four or five snaps over Braxtons head and he also threw two pics.

Can someone explain why the same person is fumbling punts again this year. Isn't there anyone on the team that can field a punt? How many chances?

Can someone explain why the same person is fumbling punts again this year. Isn't there anyone on the team that can field a punt? How many chances?

its not good to see.. maybe someone else should return punts. I'd take the top 10 most athletic guys on the team and make them field punts.. and the best two at fielding them get to return punts. Is it really hard to teach a kid the proper way to field a punt or find someone better? How many outfielders are on the football team?

its not good to see.. maybe someone else should return punts. I'd take the top 10 most athletic guys on the team and make them field punts.. and the best two at fielding them get to return punts. Is it really hard to teach a kid the proper way to field a punt or find someone better? How many outfielders are on the football team?

The only punt fumbled was a bomb over BOTH returners head. And it was recovered. Didn't anyone notice there were two returners on punts. #11 fielded several without issue.

those two will be fine back there. if not, the kids who fielded kicks and punts on last year's j.v. squad were outstanding. They seemed to return one or two for TD's in the 5 or 6 games I watched last year? juniors now?

Where were Ruters balls at about 2:02-2:04? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvNh_KCZXM4

I hope he isn't that passive against anyone else... or Braxton in the playoffs.. And earlier in the video Walker took a bad angle and would've got him with a better angle.. probably didn't quite know his speed.. but I liked the aggressiveness. Ruter looked bad on that same play. Ruter and Walker are both good LBs who I'd expect to get it done on these plays even against a Braxton Miller... if they see Miller or Ty Williams in the playoffs they can't afford to miss.

Where were Ruters balls at about 2:02-2:04? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvNh_KCZXM4

I hope he isn't that passive against anyone else... or Braxton in the playoffs.. And earlier in the video Walker took a bad angle and would've got him with a better angle.. probably didn't quite know his speed.. but I liked the aggressiveness. Ruter looked bad on that same play. Ruter and Walker are both good LBs who I'd expect to get it done on these plays even against a Braxton Miller... if they see Miller or Ty Williams in the playoffs they can't afford to miss.

Where are the second half highlights :p :thumb:

I hope 30 still sees the field.. how can you keep a kid like that off the field? I think Moe has tremendous depth this year and should use it to it's max.. I see many benefits to it the most important being wins due to being fresh late in the game while other teams are huffing and puffing. I think we could rotate at most positions.. I think the lines esp should use rotation and the lbs too and even a few of the dbs. I think if we rotate our O-line and also skove bracken lewis and bobay sharing carries (obviously skove getting more than all others combined) we can really wear down defenses. I think that against certain teams like Colerain and Middletown we should really consider putting as much speed in the back 7 players as possible. Our D line can eat blockers and let some fast guys get to the ball and tackle. We can't have LBers with their tails between their legs against a Colerain speedy team.. you don't hesitate to make the tackle when you're there. If our LBs get juked and burned against Colerain we'll look like elder out there. I would say bring the dbs up to contain the edges but even Colerain could pull on over on us and put it over our heads. I really liked the way Shaq Jinks and the others covered waynes receivers besides a could plays where they had guys wide open. We can't have our DBs missing openfield tackles either though; unless you wanna get smoked by Colerain in the Playoffs. And I swear if Rogan muffs another punt and doesn't get pulled I'm marching my rear end up to Moeller and letting them hear it.

I haven't been to any games yet this year but after last years performance how in the world is that kid still returning punts?

I am inviting you to come to a game. We are trying to get as many people at the games as possible to build more support. You are very welcome in Moe-Town at 5pm Sept. 16 @ Lockland in the rear field. Also, please register at www.gobigmoe.org for updates. Thanks!

Go Big Moe!

Joe Foley '83
M-FAN
www.gobigmoe.org