Mayfield

jimbo

Where are all the Solon bashers from Mayfield? I thought they would be riding high after last year's game. Let's hope we can get back on track with some offense Friday...:cool:

Regaining respect

Absolutely, let's get back on track. And it can happen.

Read some comments about how the Twinsburg win was no test, the Massillon win was against a team in a down year and of course that loss to #1 or #2 in the District. No respect at all.

Hey, this Comet team is pretty good now and for most of their seasons since middle school. They don't scare people but they certainly can win most games. They'll get respect before it's over.

True about T'burg. But going into PBTS and winning is NOT an easy task any year, up or down for the Tigers. Last week, the Cards played very, very well. This week we only face a one-headed monster and the Comet defense can do the job. The real test is on the offensive side. Maybe a TD or two and a couple FG? Should be enough. Solon 16 Mayfield 7 Payback time.

The Solon bashers from Mayfield are all on cleveland.com. They're not the most sophisticated bunch; cleveland.com is all they know. Yappi flies way over their pointy little heads. :D

To be honest, Mayfield is a very tough test for Solon. I don't think I need to remind anyone what happened last year. The Cats seem to be playing just as well as they did in 2006, even without Fikaris and Piccirillo. I believe Mayfield has surrended just seven points in its first three games.

Obviously, the onus will be on Solon's offense to produce something and to take the pressure off the Comet defense. We'll find out an awful lot about Solon tomorrow. Win, and maybe the Comets can go 8-2 or 9-1. A victory would be a confidence-builder going into a tough match at Hudson and an even tougher contest with Brunswick in Week 7.

But if Solon loses to Mayfield, anything is possible. Even a 5-5 finish. :wallbang: